Best Junkyards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Junkyards?

Well since I've been suspended from school for the last 2 weeks and will be for 1 more, i've decided to take a trip to the junkyards tommorow. I remember someone at the meet was saying one of the yards around here has my same color driver door, think it was andy, not sure. but anyways has anyone been to one around here that has some decent parts left? I think im gonna go to the sechrist out 51, but i know those are mostly all stripped out real fast. so does anyone know anywhere around that has a few hiding in good condition? let me know,thanks.
    2004 Subaru WRB WRX -TurboXS UTEC, Perrin Catless Downpipe, Blitz Nur Spec Cat Back Exhaust, TurboXS Boost Controller, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Forge Recirc Blow Off Valve, 20% Tint.

Nope it wasn't me... Actually never been to a JY yet but I should go...
    GPPOC Greater Pittsburgh Probe Owners Club Any gen/model Probe, K or F-series Mazda owners from Southwestern PA welcome.
    [/SIZE]

Comment

oh, I thought it was.. O well. IM prob gonna head out tomm anyways.
      2004 Subaru WRB WRX -TurboXS UTEC, Perrin Catless Downpipe, Blitz Nur Spec Cat Back Exhaust, TurboXS Boost Controller, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Forge Recirc Blow Off Valve, 20% Tint.

Comment

What the heck did you do to get suspended for 3 weeks?

Comment

BS. about a BB gun.

Comment

Look for a 3 wire 02 sensor for me..... has to be from a 96-97 PGT/MX6 w/ OBDII.. they are located in the precats on the exhaust manifolds.

unless you have a special 02 sensor socket... I doubt you'd be able to get them out... but a 7/8 wrench *might* work

Let me know... i'd pay for the shipping
            2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT - K&N SRI - AWD & Turbo - new daily driver
            2000 GMC Sierra Ext Cab z71 - 5.3l ... the winter vehicle..
            94 PGT - Lots of Mods .. 171k miles and still running strong. SOLD

Comment

Go pull me an FS engine

Comment

Originally posted by SpiritOfStLouis
                Go pull me an FS engine

you looking for a good FS engine or just a build up motor?

i have a FS motor that I pulled out of a 94 Probe because it was smoking (valve seals or piston rings). It had 143k on it but still ran fine other than the smoke.

$75 and you can have it

its just the oilpan up to the head - still assembled - no cams, IM, VC, or accessories)

let me know if you would be interested.
                93 Probe GT -198k members.cardomain.com/PA_Probe - SOLD
                On the lookout for a cheap PGT.

Comment

I was just at sechrist over the weekend...there aint crap. As for a drivers door, you may be lucky. I cant remember if the one there was missing the pass or drivers. I know there has to be someplace else besides there....

Comment

Originally posted by inside0ut
                    I was just at sechrist over the weekend...there aint crap. As for a drivers door, you may be lucky. I cant remember if the one there was missing the pass or drivers. I know there has to be someplace else besides there....
                    your talkin about that sechrist off 51 through that hilly ass roads and one lane bridge correct?

btw: I meant to go today, but got stuck watching three kings last night on tv didnt get to sleep till like 4, and i just woke up at 2:45, so i couldnt make it out today. maybe tomm.

Comment

anyone been to bob cossell's recently? that's not the same as sechrist, no? there's also foreign car part junkyard out in Aliquippa on Tood Road, but I haven't seen any Probes there last 2 times I was out. We need good parts sources here at GPPOC
                      GPPOC Greater Pittsburgh Probe Owners Club Any gen/model Probe, K or F-series Mazda owners from Southwestern PA welcome.
                      [/SIZE]

Comment

There's an All-Ford junkyard back home with about 20+ Probes at any given time.

The only problem is the douche that owns/runs it wants book prices for all teh parts, as if they're NEW parts. -_-

Comment

Looks like we're gonna have to arrange a road trip and a night raid on that place, eh?

Originally posted by SpiritOfStLouis
                          There's an All-Ford junkyard back home with about 20+ Probes at any given time.

The only problem is the douche that owns/runs it wants book prices for all teh parts, as if they're NEW parts. -_-
                          [/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Savage Messiah
                            anyone been to bob cossell's recently? that's not the same as sechrist, no? there's also foreign car part junkyard out in Aliquippa on Tood Road, but I haven't seen any Probes there last 2 times I was out. We need good parts sources here at GPPOC
                            I know i was at the one bob cossel's out 51 in West alexander i think it is, a while back. Run by some hick that started tellin me about his "Hooked Up Neon" but anyways, when i called out there they said they think there was 1 probe somewhere in the yard. So i went out and there was a 93-94 GT with a pulled engine, but complete interior. Needless to say i tore that apart. But i also looked around the place and found 3 other probes. Mostly torn up though. But i called there about 2 months ago to take another trip out, and they said they closed it down, and the phone call went straight to The one they call "Dawson" Which is really basically in Perryopolis. I went out there about 1 month ago with my bro to get parts for his cougar and there was about 10 probes, most 1st gen, and all torn to shit. This was on the U-pull it side, theres more put together ones in the full service side but they wont let you pull them yourselfs, just so they can charge you out the ass. So im not sure if i'll go back out there just to check, since it is about 45 mins from me here in the south hills. So anyone have any knowledge to where theres some places with a few probes around here? OR is does anyone have any parts in GPOC that theyre tryin to sell?

PS:We should have a threads called WTB. and FS. Like the NEPO forum has.

Comment

With the WTB and FS threads, just post them. Im sure everyone has stuff to get rid of.(lol any honda accord stuff?)

Comment

Working...
                              X