Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point to my knowledge the only sure way to be able to use bigger injectors is with an ECU chip upgrade. The EEC-IV processor of our ECU is not reflashable so that's not an option as it is with other Vulcan equipped vehicles.
    So if this is not reflashable, is it possible to take the ECU from another vulcan motor, say the 03 Tauras and pop that in, and maybe have it flashed/reprogrammed without the need of EMS? If this isnt a valid question, I can be removed

Comment

Originally posted by Nsanityownzu
      So if this is not reflashable, is it possible to take the ECU from another vulcan motor, say the 03 Tauras and pop that in, and maybe have it flashed/reprogrammed without the need of EMS? If this isnt a valid question, I can be removed
      No, this is not possible. The 3.0 Probe has a unique ECU which no other car's ECU is able to replace. I've looked into using a Tempo or Topaz 3.0 ECU but it would require at least swapping the main wiring harness and the Integrated Relay Control Module. It's probably much more worthwhile to convert to a standalone ECU than to go through all that trouble. You'd end up with a far more flexible solution.
      Barry
      01 Saturn SL2 5-speed
      Easy Way Electronics

Comment

SI Valves has stainless steel, swirl polished one piece valves that are FAR superior to the factory ones for just a few dollars more. Check here for my thread on Cylinder Head modifications for the Vulcan, most are DIY.

Copper head gaskets and ARP studs
        are a must for any real HP quests. Nitrous, Blowers and Turbos eat the factory ones on a regualr basis.

For free:
        Advance the timing at the distributor until the engine pings under heavy acceleration, then drop back 1-2 degrees.
        Move the ACT (of IAT) sensor to the front of the radiator support to allow it to read the actual outside temperature vs. the upper intake temperature.
        Last edited by Fredness; November 29, 2004, 12:14 PM.
        '94 Splash, Supercharged 3.0L, 5sp, 3.73's turning 31x10.5's.
        My web page, My "Knight"-mare, My Mods!, RPS Preferred Vendor!, My ebay page

Comment

Working...
        X