No announcement yet.

Myrtle 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im new to this community but a life long car lover. and like i said above, i have no problem giving credit where it is due. and most of my life has been spent helping others. but when i read this forum in the beginning, i did piss me off. i said the guy started something great, and killing anything for anyone is far from my intentions. but just because he doesnt want to do it anymore doesnt mean it has to die. that is the point i have been trying to make from the start. gracefully step down and let someone take your place. you dont have to just stop the meet all together. i am sure that there are hundreds of people more than willing to jump at the chance to make myrtle bigger and better. the whole insistantcy of different time, place and name is what set me off. people want myrtle. its like saying ok, the super bowl is over, so all you football lovers find something else to do.
    Last edited by pro_am_rider; March 24, 2009, 03:42 PM.
    Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition!!
    Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out.

Comment

Hes not stopping anyone. just do it.
      93 pgt= yard ornament

proud owner since 1999

Comment

Originally posted by rajamit View Post
        Hes not stopping anyone. just do it.
        it better be better though, otherwise you'll just get a ton of I told you so's. I hope you guys can pull it off, if i'm back on the east coast when this happens, i'll show up for sure.

Here's a though.... Get someone to sponsor the event. even if they don't kick in much money, it could help attract people if you get someone there we all know.
        Old Probe - White 95 PGT - She's in a better place now
        New Probe - White 95 PGT (Victoria) I-H-E/Mille Miglia EVO-5 rims/Euro Tails/Ksport Springs/KYB-GR2 struts/ZE-DE Hybrid in the works SOLD

Comment

its gonna take more than me. i just wanted to make it clear than someone that could, should. i would be happy to help if i can. i would love to see mrytle beach.

be kick ass if we could get Miller or someone like that to sponsor. free beer
          Last edited by pro_am_rider; March 25, 2009, 07:59 PM.

Comment

I doubt you are going to get any "big" sponsors. In the past years, the main sponsors of the event were the same people who advertise on this board.

Comment

It's a lot easier to talk about doing this than it is to actually do it. Most people don't really understand how much work goes into something like this; the amount of time, effort, patience, and money is more than most people that attend MM really see (including myself).

There have been so many people throughout the years that have talked about doing big meets but there have been only a handful that have actually backed up their talk. Greg/Jason/Ken and the other volunteers associated with MM made this event the highlight of not only the last decade of Probe/MX6 related activities, but the highlight of a lot of people's lives here. To throw together a meet is one thing, but to throw together MM is an entirely different animal.

Regardless of where all of us go in our lives, I will always respect the shit out of the creators of MM and with that being said, I respect their wishes.
              Mario Kovach 2005 Dodge Neon Mopar Stage 3 SRT-4
              USAF Explosive Ordnance Disposal Craftsman
              12.04 @ 116mph, 358whp/412ft/tq
              FPOC 2010 Calendar Model: Mr. December

Comment

Well said Mario. I say just leave it be and start something new. Why can't people understand that? If anything, consider bringing back MAS.
                Ross Evilsizor
                92' Silver GL MTX 11/18/1991-8/3/2011
                Major Meets: HH 2K5 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 BAMM 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 2K11 MM8 MM9 MMX PPMI Marriage Mayhem 2007 3M 08 Goat's Gettysburg 2010

Comment

i would try, but who knows where i am gonna end up with the army. all i can do is try to inspire and give ideas

Comment

i've come to terms with it, the rest of you should too... its over ... it'll never be the same if it came back and wtf start fighting with the creators?!?!

However i think a myrtle reunion in like 5 years or 10 would be kind of fun if it could happen. heh
                    my probe
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2220043

2009 RX-8 R3

Comment

i guess im just someone who fights for tradition. besides, it wasnt so much a fight as just trying to get people to understand a point. if someone doesnt want to be the one to organize it, fine, let someone else. the part that set me off, was insisting that if someone were to organize a meet, they must do it somewhere else and at a different time of the year. he may "own" mm, but not the beach and the time of year. thats all my point was.

by the way your car looks exactally like mine
                      Last edited by pro_am_rider; March 28, 2009, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Nobody is stopping you from doing anything. Set up whatever you like, but I would recommend taking the advice of people that have been part of this community far longer than you.
                        Mario Kovach 2005 Dodge Neon Mopar Stage 3 SRT-4
                        USAF Explosive Ordnance Disposal Craftsman
                        12.04 @ 116mph, 358whp/412ft/tq
                        FPOC 2010 Calendar Model: Mr. December

Comment

Why don't people pick somewhere else fairly central, and organize something new? I'm sad I never went, but as the saying goes, "You can't go home again."
                          1994 Performance White GT 5 speed - Rest in peace.[/B] My first car, totaled 10/11/09
                          1996 Black Probe GT - 100k & Factory Spec.
                          TW's Tilted Kilt 1997 Probe GTS - Hand built KLZE, Port & Polish, CAI, Eibachs, STS, Catless. Rides like your mistress, shrieks like your wife.

Comment

Wow, this is kind of a crazy thread. I'm glad I got to go to one MM, I wish I had gotten to more, I just never went because my old Probe was in pieces. I totally get the idea of wanting another MM, it would be great, I had a great time and met a lot of great people. Got to witness Nate running after the Danger Ranger in a tux and sneakers lol.

But I get what the creators are saying, honor their wishes. I say if people are ambitious, try another meet somewhere, just to try a different location, if it's an epic fail, then the next year do it in Myrtle but call it something else, set up a different venue, allow Mazda's to be part of it, it would be cool to see Probes, MX-6's, MX-3's, 626's and some RX's to boot.

There are other locations that could be nice, what about Virginia Beach, it's a little more north, but on the water, or Charlotte NC by the Lowe's Motor Speedway, that could be something cool to do if they let you on the track like Watkins Glenn does.

Just some ideas.
                            93 PGT - Installed: CAI, VIS CF Invader hood, OBX headers, Res. T.P., Borla Catback, Civic STS, Brembo X-drilled/slotted disks w/PBR ceramic, '01 626 rear sway bar, MX3 Flywheel, Enkei TBS11s w/Kumho Ecsta SPT's, F & R strut ties, 96+ Tails.
                            MMX Winner: Best in Class Show Room

Comment

Originally posted by pro_am_rider View Post
                              i guess im just someone who fights for tradition.
                              If that was the case, then you would truly let it go, it was supposed to have a 10 year run and it did, now its time for something else.
                              Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                              PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                              1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                              1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Pigeon Forge people!!

Come on it'll be fun.....

They have Ripley's Aquarium, Cades Cove and the Dragon
                                PhotoPOC(tm)
                                MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
                                93' PGT not stock
                                91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Working...
                                X