My 1994 Probe GT Restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRWeiss1 View Post
    Now you just need the spark plug wire clips.
    Funny you mentioned these,because I had a thread in the pic forums a few days back requesting for spark plug wires guides locations. I since then have installed them correctly and the whole engine bay seems to look different now! with the wires tucked in correctly like they should.

Comment

^ Exactly. It's a subtle yet important touch. It just makes the bay look a whole lot more organized!
      95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
      93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
      89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
      04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
      Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

Originally posted by TRWeiss1 View Post
        ^ Exactly. It's a subtle yet important touch. It just makes the bay look a whole lot more organized!
        Just like this one uh?

Comment

WIN!!

95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
          93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
          89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
          04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
          Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

Originally posted by RedGT View Post
            Yup, it was at that crappy used car lot off Military Highway near the airport. The guy was a total douche. Like I said, I had been hoping it would be something easy like a CKP sensor or bad distributor but it turned out to be that the cam was broken and therefore not driving the distributor. You could tell someone had been messing with it before too because it had a brand new looking distributor on it. I also had to clean up the battery wiring somewhat because the chode who owned it before had some hack -ob, big-thumping system wiring in there.
            ohhhh!! me and jazper actually went out and messed with it for a little bit trying to get it to start. its in pretty good condition, glad you got it running!
            Leo
            94 PGTze - sold vid 1 vid 3 vid 2
            98 Pontiac firebird formula WS6 the race car.
            95 PGT-T..AKA..The ReD GhoSt KLDE turbo Built by me ..sold

Comment

Yeah I was happy to save it from the salvage yard doom that definitely awaited it. Nobody besides us weird Probe heads would invest this much time and money in a 17 year old Ford.
              1994 PGT MTX-CAI/STS/Hotshot headers/Vibrant catalytic/Pacesetter-Magnaflow catback/Outlaw spacers/RR inserts/Mazda6 brake upgrade/Yonaka coilovers/AWR trailing arms/AWR rear sway bar/PRD rear STB/95-97 rear end conversion.

2006 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed 6

Comment

Dude that thing is looking tits!! I might give those Yonaka coilovers a try myself!
                1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

what color did you use for the vc?
                  john palmer get at me on facebook.
                  89pgt plenty of mods on the way.
                  http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l507/93probeanator/

Comment

Thanks Jasper, she's running that set of DE cams you sold me! You still got any extra swirlies laying around? Trying to figure out some wheel options. I got the Yonakas for $660 shipped, which is cheaper than any decent spring/strut combo I was looking at. The only downside is no dampening adjustability, which is fine for street driving.

Probeanator, I used several coats of VHT Gold engine enamel properly baked on for good chemical resistance and then Dupli Color high-temp clear over that. It's a really durable finish that should last a long time.
                    Last edited by RedGT; March 30, 2011, 08:47 AM.
                    1994 PGT MTX-CAI/STS/Hotshot headers/Vibrant catalytic/Pacesetter-Magnaflow catback/Outlaw spacers/RR inserts/Mazda6 brake upgrade/Yonaka coilovers/AWR trailing arms/AWR rear sway bar/PRD rear STB/95-97 rear end conversion.

Comment

Actually yes I do have a set of swirlies that should be available after this weekend. Im going to keep the tires on them though.

Got a short neck ZE mani also. Dont know if you'd be interested in that.
                      Last edited by JazRedGT; March 30, 2011, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedGT View Post
                        Thanks Jasper, she's running that set of DE cams you sold me! You still got any extra swirlies laying around? Trying to figure out some wheel options. I got the Yonakas for $660 shipped, which is cheaper than any decent spring/strut combo I was looking at. The only downside is no dampening adjustability, which is fine for street driving.

Probeanator, I used several coats of VHT Gold engine enamel properly baked on for good chemical resistance and then Dupli Color high-temp clear over that. It's a really durable finish that should last a long time.
                        looks real good too i might do my wheels on my turbo car that color. how did you nake them? im guessing your oven.

Comment

Keep me posted on the swirlies. I've got a few potential wheels possibilities that I'm considering. I've got the gutted DE IM I'm running now and another DE IM I'm prepping now so I've got those covered. Thanks though.

Comment

OK cool I will let you know. You guys (ShexSlow, RedGT) should swing by Richs place this weekend to see the madness thats going on. LoL

Comment

Originally posted by 93probeanator View Post
                              looks real good too i might do my wheels on my turbo car that color. how did you nake them? im guessing your oven.
                              Yeah they had to be baked in my oven (puts a weird smell through the house haha) at something like 200 degrees for 45-ish minutes so the chemical resistant properties of the paint are "baked on" before installing. But I suppose if you're using the paint for the face of your wheels it might not be as important...?

Originally posted by JazRedGT View Post
                              OK cool I will let you know. You guys (ShexSlow, RedGT) should swing by Richs place this weekend to see the madness thats going on. LoL
                              What's going on Rich's? Getting your PGT put back together (if it's not already)?
                              Last edited by RedGT; March 30, 2011, 09:08 AM.

Comment

did you use some kind of primer? not to jock ride but i really like the color and might paint my compressor housing and vc as well.;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X