Quick question about rim/strut issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about rim/strut issue

alright. i have a bad front strut so im gonna be replacing these but at the same time im going to be ordering a set of 18x8.5 rims. i also have a sensi kit, so if i get a set of tokico blues (or the kyb for price issues) will my car sit about the same, or is this going to cause me to have to get a set of the 5 way adjustables? anyone have this size tire on with a regular set of struts? thanks for any and all input.

jeremy

sry, but i posted this in a hurry, it may have to be moved to the suspension forum if no one here would know for sure.
    Last edited by Level 9; March 6, 2005, 06:09 PM.
    1995 Probe GT - N2O Ingested, CM 3, fidanza, headers, exhaust, CAI, MS, kenwood sound
    2010 Ram 1500 4x4 - Daily Driver
    99 Mustang V6 stock inherited not sure what the plan is

anyone?
    1995 Probe GT - N2O Ingested, CM 3, fidanza, headers, exhaust, CAI, MS, kenwood sound

Comment

uh, well what size tires are you going with along with what kind of spring?

and "5 way adjustables" illumina's don't adjust ride height, the adjust the frimness or softness of your ride
      you going to need to get a coilover setup inorder to adjust your ride height
      -Kyle
      93 Black probe (K-sporting) My Cardomain

Mazdaspeed SVO 2.Slow turbo build teaser thread**

Comment

i have the factory stuff under my car and am running 18s with a c-west, Has a bit of a wheel gap, but when your bumper only sits 7 in off the ground, you got to decide what you hate more, wheel gap or busted front bumpers. (still layed mine down two days ago)
        MMX BEST ROLLIN WERCK
        1991 accord wagon..20's, ear bleeding system..storm trooper style /08 CRV black/tan sunroof...stock /1965 thunderbird landau/

Comment

ill have a choice to go with either:

225/40/18
          235/40/18
          245/40/18

and for some reason i cant remember what the first number stood for. what tire would show the least wheel gap you guys think? knowing about those adjustables now im probably gonna just go with the kyb struts and see how the car sits. with the stock springs it should be sitting decent, like you said the kit gets any lower were gonna be replacing bumpers every month. lol. thanks for all the input guys. and just help me out on that tire size. which one should i mount? the 225s are the cheapest.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

well the 245 will fill up the most gap, not sure if there'll rub or not tho
              -Kyle
              93 Black probe (K-sporting) My Cardomain

Mazdaspeed SVO 2.Slow turbo build teaser thread**

Comment

245 Will rub, go for the 225's, the first number is width.

Comment

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html
                  Go enter your stock wheel and tire size.
                  Then you can enter any wheel sie you want and calculate how small of a tire you need. You should find this usefull.Jarrod
                  Sold my turbo probe gt '93
                  Now I have an 08 350z

Comment

cool thanks. as for the rim i should probably look for a 18x7 rather than an 18x8 or 8.5. thanks for that site. ill check it out sometime probably tomorrow, im at my moms and comcast shut my internet off for the moment. damn bills. so ill check back with this post and that site tomorrow. thanks for all the help ya guys

Comment

Working...
                    X