P1744?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1744?

Ok, so after the original atx died in my car, I picked up a new one from an '01 626 for almost nothing. I put it in over a weekend, but soon after my o/d light starting blinking and it threw a p1744 code. The thing is, the car drives great, I can turn over drive on and off (and it does work) when it's cold, but once it warms up I get nothing.

So my question, would replacing the TC lockup solenoid fix my problem, or is it the TC itself that's bad? Any help is appreciated.
    '97 PGT
    ATX
    Greddy SP2, ported and polished IM, pheno spacers, FAST front strut bar, Addco rear swaybar, Hankook Ventus HRII's

Yes try to replace to TCC solenoid. Its not shifting weird though right?
    After you replace the TCC solenoid, if its still there could be the actual converter going bad... that code you mentioned means it has excessive slip btw.
    Last edited by JoeeyCuz; January 3, 2015, 08:28 PM.
    1996 PGT ATX: Lvl 10 Torque Converter + Transgo Shift Kit, SS Headers, 2.5 Straight pipe with quad tips, Custom Intake, 3½ lowered with 18's
    No Longer have the Probe anymore has been sold.

Comment

No not shifting weird at all. Actually, over the last few days, with sub zero temps it's going in and out of overdrive just fine, and the o/d light doesn't start to blink unless I manually shift into 1st or 2nd.

I guess I'll try the solenoid first.
      '97 PGT
      ATX
      Greddy SP2, ported and polished IM, pheno spacers, FAST front strut bar, Addco rear swaybar, Hankook Ventus HRII's

Comment

Working...
      X