Door locks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door locks?

So, I ordered a set of door locks for a 93 Probe and they dont fit. The claim to work for a number of fords and mazda's but they appear to be wrong.

Any knowledge on replacing the front door locks?

The key part or the catch?
    Probe out for Harambe
    94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

The tumbler/part the key goes into.

Comment

the 2nd gen probe has never had aftermarket tumblers made. you were only able to get them from the factory and they were discontinued very shortly after the probe's production ended. junkyards are pretty much your option.
        1993 Probe GT
        2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Yes that. Find some good locks and then a good locksmith and you should be ok. You will need a locksmith that has the machine to do the Probe keys as well

Comment

Was hoping to avoid having to have a locksmith make a key since it normally costs more to get a key made from scratch.

Thanks for the info though.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahSleeper View Post
              Was hoping to avoid having to have a locksmith make a key since it normally costs more to get a key made from scratch.

Thanks for the info though.
              You may luck out and find locks with a key perhaps ?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottD961 View Post
                You may luck out and find locks with a key perhaps ?
                Hoping to. I will keep an eye on ebay and maybe the junkyards, if they have keys. If not, I will bite the bullet. My son should have his license this month and just want to get the little shit finished.

Comment

I forgot to mention, if you have a tumbler ( the part the key fits into) it shouldn't really be all that much to have a key made. Just thought I would mention it. If you like I can contact the locksmith I use here and ask him about it for you. If it's reasonable you could ship it here and I could take it up to him for ya then ship it back?

Comment

Working...
                  X