• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w00t! :happydance:
    Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

Originally posted by Casper&CP
      I love MBX <3! Mine are going out very soon!

KYPO Site looks

Comment

Mike, AIM always f's up when we try and chat...anyhow...how much to do a front VC?

Can you PC two colors? If so, I'd like a VC, PC'd in black...with the plug wire relief done in gold (sounds rice, but it fits my overall color scheme).

If this is possible, Travis Williams has a "Mazda" VC for $30, in the interest of saving money since you're closer, could I have it shipped to you...you PC it and send it to me?
        SHIFT_RB26DETT

1992 Nissan 240sx coupe. RB26DET swap. Gutted. S13 conversion.

Don't ask how it runs or how fast it is, because I'm prolly about $7-10k away from knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Baxter
          Yes, we take them apart and then re-assemble them, the same goes for alternators and TB's etc.....
          The toughts of having my 186k mile alternator torn apart and powder coated so gave me wood... (lol, it'd probably never work again tho once put back together without it's oily goodness)
          Valve Covers we can do at $50 each..... The cleaner you can get them before sending them, the better. Intake Manifolds we can do at $75 each.
          However, $50 per VC is outrageous <sp> (sorry Mike). Taping seems to be the primary concern as to how much PC should cost as we all know the powder is pennies but the labor of prepping is what costs $$. I know that the place which does my work would have done my pair for $40 (sandblasting included). I don't mean to lowball your pricing, but a VC is barely any work at all.. and the IM's simple too (even with the plastic for the VRIS plate areas on the outside as they don't melt in a PC temperature oven ). I think the most expensive parts of all my PC needs were my fuel rails.
          Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
          1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

sounds like Eastwood is your powder supplier, as that is who I use an thats is there color line up
            97probe se

09 Nissan Titan

Comment

Originally posted by CMCprobe
              sounds like Eastwood is your powder supplier, as that is who I use an thats is there color line up

We also use Columbia and a few others for alternative crazy colors

Comment

Originally posted by TurboSE
                Mike, AIM always f's up when we try and chat...anyhow...how much to do a front VC?

Can you PC two colors? If so, I'd like a VC, PC'd in black...with the plug wire relief done in gold (sounds rice, but it fits my overall color scheme).

If this is possible, Travis Williams has a "Mazda" VC for $30, in the interest of saving money since you're closer, could I have it shipped to you...you PC it and send it to me?

This would be a process that would double the amount of time and almost price to do a single valve cover. It can be done to answer your question correctly. I spoke with Travis and he said he could bring me the valve cover, so that would be no problem.

Comment

So Mike, what is your turnaround time like?
                  Barry
                  Registered Probetalk Member #392.
                  Co-founder of ALPOC. Formerly had '93 Rio Red GT, PRD STS-99, Bosch H4 lamps, Borla, Pilot 1055-c driving lamps. IT'S CRUNCHY!
                  '93 Teal PGT. '94 black PSE. '91 PLX, 300k+ miles.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryG
                    So Mike, what is your turnaround time like?
                    Barry
                    Great question, Once the item(s) arrive, they are stripped, cleaned and polished on the 1st day, masked, coated and cured on the 2nd day and generally ship on the third day provided there are no problems in the coating.

This also depends on the quality and condition of the item that is sent to us.
                    The cleaner the item is that is sent to us, the less time in prepping it for powdercoating!

Comment

can you do plastics? (i've heard some places can...) and if so, i have 2 plastic pieces I can send you, along with one intake tube (metal)...
                      Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowSE
                        can you do plastics? (i've heard some places can...) and if so, i have 2 plastic pieces I can send you, along with one intake tube (metal)...

Plastics cant be done at this time due to the extreme temperatures of the curing process. They are however working on lower temperature powders at this time we are told.

Comment

What kinds of temps are you guys running?

Standard temperatures used on my IM when doing it up silver vein (flawless) didn't melt my VRIS plastic pieces (those round ones sticking off the back of the IM). And yes, some powder coat stuck to them (not jumped across from the IM, but completely separately). Obviously you can't do rubber hoses, but a hardened plastic that someone wants to take the risk on probably wouldn't hurt.
                          Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
                          1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

Originally posted by Fastest95PGT
                            What kinds of temps are you guys running?

Standard temperatures used on my IM when doing it up silver vein (flawless) didn't melt my VRIS plastic pieces (those round ones sticking off the back of the IM). And yes, some powder coat stuck to them (not jumped across from the IM, but completely separately). Obviously you can't do rubber hoses, but a hardened plastic that someone wants to take the risk on probably wouldn't hurt.

Between 350 and 400 degrees depending on the powder being used. What a mess that could turn into. I can only see this hurting our business and reputation by sending a pretty blob of plastic back to our customer

Hopefully they will come out with lower temp powders just for this purpose. In the meantime, i think spray paint is your best resource for plastics.

Comment

how much would it be to do just an intake pipe (like a 3inch diameter 16 inch pipe with a few vacuum ports on it) in a silver matching my VC?
                              Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

Is there a link out there to see the colors you've mentioned?
                                BTW, I'm damned interested. I have a project car that's taken apart just begging to be colored.
                                Barry
                                Registered Probetalk Member #392.
                                Co-founder of ALPOC. Formerly had '93 Rio Red GT, PRD STS-99, Bosch H4 lamps, Borla, Pilot 1055-c driving lamps. IT'S CRUNCHY!
                                '93 Teal PGT. '94 black PSE. '91 PLX, 300k+ miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X