CZT High Horsepower Engine Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CZT High Horsepower Engine Kit

So I am getting very close to tearing down my KL03 block and I think, for me, the CZT 11:1 kit is the one for me. But the site says little, to nothing. Not much information on PT either.

I searched for some info on PT for it, only to be dissappointed. It said "engine kit" but only says things about pistons. what about rods, bearings, pins, etc? what material are each made of? do you machine everything yourself or send specs to a larger manufacturer such as wiseco (I'd trust wiseco over some random little machine shop...) etc. those types of questions. I got this email back from them, very helpful I thought I'd post for all to see.

Chris,

The High-Horsepower Engine kit includes:

Wiseco Forged Aluminum Pistons
    SCAT Connecting Rods - 4340 Chromoly Forged Steel - Magnafluxed & Shotpeened
    Wrist Pins
    Piston Rings
    Rod Bolts
    Rod Bearings

The pistons are custom machined by Wiseco, specifically for the CZT Engine
    Kits. The piston rods are also made specifically for CZT Engine kits by SCAT
    Crankshafts.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The rod bearings provided with all of our engine kits
    specifically meant to properly fit the rod journals AFTER a crankshaft has
    been polished/machines. CZT highly recommends machining the rod journal
    surfaces of your crankshaft to ensure a true mating surface for the
    bearings.

If you have any other questions or comments please don't hesitate to contact
    us.

Thanks,

Adam
    good info there.

as an aside, the pistons are offered in 8.7:1, 11.0:1, and 12.0:1. or custom compression sets.

remember for you guys considering the 2.7 stroker (I was at one point but I have decided against it), these pistons won't work for you because stroking is going to alter your compression.

and remember these are .020" over. I'd really only like to go .010" over on my block because it really doesn't need it at all, but that's not a choice at this point.

I'm going to email him back, I want to know who makes the rod bolts and the piston rings, and are the piston rings gapless. I'll keep this thread on my watch until tomorrow, if anyone has any questions that they want to lump in with mine I'll ask them all so as not to flood his email inbox. He was nice to get back to me in about 10 minutes so I'm not going to hassle him with 10 emails.

Chris
    Last edited by pgtfreak; March 13, 2005, 01:14 PM.

They're ARP2000 Rod Bolts.

--adam
    2004 Ford Mustang GT - 4.6L V8 AT - Tuned - 3.73s - CAI

Comment

Has anyone used this kit yet? Last time I was paying full attention, people were still debating high compression vs ZE. I want to go with the high compression 12.0:1 when I rebuild, but that won't be for a while.

keep up the good work 95PGTTech.
      Last edited by Defcon_9; March 9, 2005, 06:13 PM.
      '94 PGT, Ground control Coil Overs, 2.5" exhaust straight, high flow cat, 17" 5-star ACE rims, Falken Zeis 512's, cross drilled rotors on the front. . Clarion 9575 with Parametric EQ, Clarion SRS 1653 in the front, JBL GTO in the rear, four 12" Fahrenheit Subs. Power Acoustik fire and Ice 520W amp for the fronts, Power Acoustick Fire and Ice 400W for the rears and JBL 1200.1 for the Boom. Pounds like crazy. Stereo almost done, time to put some go into the car.

Comment

Do you have to go .020" over?
        Better to be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt. How long have you been a member?

Comment

is 12:1 to even able to run pump gas.

Comment

I'd go 11:1 and match it with a nice cam set-up.

I'd love to have some wild cams that come alive in the upper rpms and match them with some high compression pistons to keep the low end feeling good.
            Last edited by supergoat; March 9, 2005, 08:23 PM.
            Stephen Wilds #303
            PhotoPOC
            BMW 328i
            BMW Z4

Comment

I think rod studs would be a better idea. But hey, nice kit
              2007 Audi RS4
              Past: '05 Audi S4, '88 626 turbo, '93 red PGT, '94 white PGT, '95 Purple PGT, '95 Red PGT, '00 MGT, '07 Mazdaspeed3
              The mom's car: White on black GTS, 5 speed, tint.

Comment

I think I read somewhere that 12:1 is race only meaning not pump gas...I could be wrong though
                My Old Cars
                I had a blast at probetalk thank you all for your help, what a great community.

Comment

I think 12:1 would be a bit high for even premium pump gas.

I plan on using an 11:1 kit coupled with cams (287* Intake/Exhuast Duration and a .37" Lift)

--Adam

Comment

Oh yeah as far as overbore goes, the standard is .020" over, but I believe you can go with whatever overbore you want for an additional fee. I'll check and report back.

--Adam

Comment

I meant not overboring at all.
                      Better to be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt. How long have you been a member?

Comment

I wouldn't recommend not doing an overbore. The having your cylinder walls bored and honed ensures the best possible surface for contact with your piston rings.

--Adam

Comment

if your taking the time and money to get 1200 pistons and rods you sure as heck better be overboring
                          Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
                          Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
                          Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
                          The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

I have talked to Rob about overbores and he can get pistons made for whichever overbore you choose. However, we will not go over .060".

--Adam

Comment

I am just weighing my options and seeing whatis involved with what.

Comment

Working...
                              X