No announcement yet.

Amazing Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that black Probe going to Bonneville?

Comment

KLZE Porsche I can't seem to successfully reply to your PM and tried to send one without replying but it shows no sent messages. I'm assuming they didn't go through, I'd like to get 750$, LMK.

Comment

Ugh, I hate to step in and be a Debbie downer, but Im just not seeing any great deals here. That car may have low mileage, but its as worn out and old looking as any 20 year old car out there. Definitely wouldn't have paid over blue book for it, no matter the mileage. Probably has a lot of nasty shit built up in that engine with that low mileage.

As for that shell, it doesn't have any MAJOR body damage, but theres not a single clean panel on it! Needs an entirely new paint job. Would laugh at $750 for it. Its a shit condition rolling shell!
        Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
        Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
        Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
        The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

Originally posted by proboner View Post
          Ugh, I hate to step in and be a Debbie downer, but Im just not seeing any great deals here. That car may have low mileage, but its as worn out and old looking as any 20 year old car out there. Definitely wouldn't have paid over blue book for it, no matter the mileage. Probably has a lot of nasty shit built up in that engine with that low mileage.

As for that shell, it doesn't have any MAJOR body damage, but theres not a single clean panel on it! Needs an entirely new paint job. Would laugh at $750 for it. Its a shit condition rolling shell!
          I think the red one looks decent.

But I have scrapped a few probes in ALOT better shape than that black one....
          1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Keep in mind I never posted the black probe for sale, he saw it in a picture and asked for a number. Anybody that's ever bought a car for any reason should understand that you can always haggle the price down but not up. With that said I never intended to sell as is, my thoughts were to rape it for spare parts, part out what I could and then send the rest to scrap. The condition apparently matches your attitude Proboner, if you don't have anything constructive to add , I'd thank you to keep your negative comments out of my thread posts.

Comment

the price seems to be fair to me. Every probe in my area is in terrible condition and they are asking just as much. so to me thats a good find.
              97 pgt, manual swap, jdm lsd trans, cm stage 2 clutch, mx3 flywheel, cai

2001 626

Comment

Originally posted by 93pgtravis View Post
                the price seems to be fair to me. Every probe in my area is in terrible condition and they are asking just as much. so to me thats a good find.
                Ive seen beat up, high mileage rusted out ones for more than $4000. At least they were listed for that. You know cuz that fart can they installed on it makes it more better ! You got a good deal , nice car

Comment

Thanks all for he positive remarks, I plan on getting some interior pics of the red one up soon, still has original tape player and Probe floor mats. Also I've put a little time in her and cleaned up the engine bay, added a front strut tower brace, iridium 9mm red plug wires, and a CAI. Brakes have been changed to cross drilled slotted egay rotors and pads and calipers plasti dipped red. May be changing out he exhaust as the dual tip original muffler is only pushing exhaust out of the left tip, kinda hope some critter made a nest in it and can be cleaned out. I'll post more pics once I get her washed, paints not really faded someone put 10 pounds of buffing compound on it and did a piss poor job buffing the car.

Comment

Nice pick up! I sold this car to the guy you bought it from. I found that it needed a serpentine belt and valve cover gaskets pretty desperately. He listed some repairs he did in his CL post, but never mentioned fixing either of those(only new plugs and wires, I believe). I didn't have it very long, but I was very sad to see it go. You did good on the price too, only a couple hundred more than I sold it to him for

Comment

Originally posted by DEJunkie View Post
                      Nice pick up! I sold this car to the guy you bought it from. I found that it needed a serpentine belt and valve cover gaskets pretty desperately. He listed some repairs he did in his CL post, but never mentioned fixing either of those(only new plugs and wires, I believe). I didn't have it very long, but I was very sad to see it go. You did good on the price too, only a couple hundred more than I sold it to him for
                      Nice! Glad to hear it did have a home with a probe talker. He did do accessory belts, and it appears someone's been in the timing belt as one bolt hole in the timing cover is cracked, I haven't opened to look at belt but I'm guessing it was probably opened to look for the coolant leak, either way it's getting a new timing belt, pulleys, an tensioner. Yes it does need VC gaskets (but hell they always leak) the water pump is leaking at the weep hole. He didn't have much history information when I asked, anything you could tell me about its previous lives?

Comment

The timing belt cover was cracked when I bought it. I was told that it had one other owner, an older guy that took pretty good care of it. It developed the leaky VCGs and needed brakes, so he parked it outside at that point. It sat there for about 5 years, then I bought it. I showed up, aired up the tires, jumped her, and she purred like a kitten. There wasn't much gas in the tank, so I just put some fresh in it and went on my way.
                        I was sad to sell it, but I just don't have the extra time it deserves. Also, I have another PGT that has a very jealous temperament The kid I sold it to didn't seem to fall in love with her like I thought he would, I think he thought he was going to make a ton of cash off of it. I listed it on here and surprisingly got no serious interest! I'm so glad she found a good home though, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Pgt9420 View Post
                          I wanted to get it for 2500$ but who sells a car at 50% of asking price?, I really hate to pay over blue book for a car whether daily driver or project
                          NEVER pay Kbb prices..

Trust me when I tell you that vehicles RARELY sell for the prices listed. I've been in the car business for years and all those prices by private parties and occasionally even dealers that you see that are close to, or right at Kbb value, are never the prices they actually get for the vehicle. In some rare instances, there is a vehicle that is listed as almost worthless on Kbb, like a 96-00 sebring convertible for example (valued around 1,100 even in mint condition) but actually sell on the streets for $1,800+ all day. Many sellers are arrogant, usually private parties, and would rather wait months (sometimes they never sell them no matter how much times passes if the price is insane) to sell a car for the price they are asking than sell it for 200 or 300 less to sell it quick. Not me. Someone comes to my shop and offers me 300 less than my asking price, I will take it all day.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Probe with the Sawcutter's facing the proper direction?
                          1st time I've heard someone call the 93-94 wheels that...but it's very similar to our common name for them (sawblades). Also known as the '5 stars'.
                          Last edited by FPGT24; July 23, 2014, 04:57 PM.
                          Licensed car dealer & Probe addict [former owner of 17 Probe GT & 2 Probe SE]
                          Current KL's: 93 Probe GT, 94 Probe GT, 95 Probe GT, 95 626 LX V6 (all 5 spds)

Comment

Originally posted by FPGT24 View Post
                            NEVER pay Kbb prices..

Trust me when I tell you that vehicles RARELY sell for the prices listed. I've been in the car business for years and all those prices by private parties and occasionally even dealers that you see that are close to, or right at Kbb value, are never the prices they actually get for the vehicle. In some rare instances, there is a vehicle that is listed as almost worthless on Kbb, like a 96-00 sebring convertible for example (valued around 1,100 even in mint condition) but actually sell on the streets for $1,800+ all day. Many sellers are arrogant, usually private parties, and would rather wait months (sometimes they never sell them no matter how much times passes if the price is insane) to sell a car for the price they are asking than sell it for 200 or 300 less to sell it quick. Not me. Someone comes to my shop and offers me 300 less than my asking price, I will take it all day.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

1st time I've heard someone call the 93-94 wheels that...but it's very similar to our common name for them (sawblades). Also known as the '5 stars'.
                            That was a brain fart on my part, I've read Sawblades on here enough to know, but Sawcutters came to mind while I was typing.....kinda like Sawcutter better. I've always found most sellers set the asking price above what they really want, anticipating that a buyer is going to haggle the price down. This guy set his at 4200$ for the red 64k 94 PGT and he flat out told me in one of his first replies that he was really only looking for 3250$.

Comment

Originally posted by DEJunkie View Post
                              The timing belt cover was cracked when I bought it. I was told that it had one other owner, an older guy that took pretty good care of it. It developed the leaky VCGs and needed brakes, so he parked it outside at that point. It sat there for about 5 years, then I bought it. I showed up, aired up the tires, jumped her, and she purred like a kitten. There wasn't much gas in the tank, so I just put some fresh in it and went on my way.
                              I was sad to sell it, but I just don't have the extra time it deserves. Also, I have another PGT that has a very jealous temperament The kid I sold it to didn't seem to fall in love with her like I thought he would, I think he thought he was going to make a ton of cash off of it. I listed it on here and surprisingly got no serious interest! I'm so glad she found a good home though, congrats!
                              He claimed to have big plans for it when I was chatting during the transaction, then he claimed to be a motorcycle guy with a grand vision of a crotch rocket. I kinda got the feeling he just hasn't figured out what he really wants in a ride. Personally this is my 4th PGT, the first one I ever sat in was in a junkyard in Greenfield. From the moment I plopped my ass in the seat, the car seemed to scream my name.

Thanks for the history lesson, I'm curious on the timeline? You say you didn't have long, approx what year did you buy it? Sell? What was mileage when you bought? sold? What part of IN you in?
                              Last edited by Pgt9420; July 23, 2014, 08:35 PM.

Comment

That was a brain fart on my part, I've read Sawblades on here enough to know, but Sawcutters came to mind while I was typing.....kinda like Sawcutter better. I've always found most sellers set the asking price above what they really want, anticipating that a buyer is going to haggle the price down. This guy set his at 4200$ for the red 64k 94 PGT and he flat out told me in one of his first replies that he was really only looking for 3250$.
                                a little over 3 grand isn't bad for one with that low of mileage.

and about the haggling price down, yeah that is true, for 2 or 3 hundred bucks. i've bought probably.....50? cars off craigslist and ALL of those sellers would not go down more than 100-300. Then again, I'm the same way as a dealer, but I always put "slightly" neg in my ads to make it clear im not taking "best offer" type of offers.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

this is my 4th PGT
                                I've owned 18. Getting my 19th tomorrow (for my fiance cuz its a 95 base model automatic...yuck )
                                Licensed car dealer & Probe addict [former owner of 17 Probe GT & 2 Probe SE]
                                Current KL's: 93 Probe GT, 94 Probe GT, 95 Probe GT, 95 626 LX V6 (all 5 spds)

Comment

Working...
                                X