Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megasquirt on 2.0

Hello all,

I am in the process of making a plug and play harness for a 96 Probe 2.0. I have lots of Megasquirt experience on VWs, Subarus Mazdas, and Hondas, but this is my first venture into Ford.

I got a stripped down pin out of the ECM side of things and I took apart a spare ECM to get the connector from it. I see a few things are missing that I normally want. I wonder if you can answer some of my questions.

1) Ignition on the Probe is a Coil with what looks like its own igniter. Great! but is this one compatible with MS2extra? Can I wire it in to the ECM Pin out and be good? Or should I play it safe and mod the board for direct fire?

2) CKP appears to only have 2 pins on the ECM. OK. One is signal the other is Shield. Great. Question is, is this right? Which is which? And I am praying this thing is a 36-1 wheel with a 0* crank angle?

3) I see a signal return on the ECM, but that looks like it is for TPS only. Which pins are signal return for IAT and CTS? Are they the same or a different grounding pin? This is my least concern as its not exactly hard to wire this one.

Oh and just a random thought, whats the compression ratio on these suckers?

Thanks for your help!

It appears this one uses a 36-1 crank trigger with a VR sensor and direct coil control. Alldata states that the ignition control module is built into the ECU - in other words, set up your board for direct fire.
    Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
    My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

Excellent. Got the rest figured out. Signal return on the ECM will handled all sensors.

This new harness i have for MS from DIY Autotune has 2 wires in it now. Makes life easy. (insert back in my day joke).

I have been trying to figure out how to determine the crank angle on this sucker and can't for the life of me figure it out. My calculations are getting around 140*, but that doesn't seem right.

Comment

Findings:

36-1 wheel
        Optimal dwell: 3.2 ms stock coil
        Injector 220cc
        Req fuel: 15.4

Hope this helps people.
        Last edited by SirSpectre; April 1, 2015, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X