No announcement yet.

My Probe burnt last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man that is such a loss man i'm sorry dude your car had come a long way but hell pull the motor and trans and rebuild them later down the road for the next probe

Comment

Originally posted by 89lxmorepower View Post
      man that is such a loss man i'm sorry dude your car had come a long way but hell pull the motor and trans and rebuild them later down the road for the next probe
      I'm really thinking about it. I just don't have anywhere to put them.
      1.)94 Probe GT-ZE all the mods and ready for boost.(Burnt Down)
      3.)New Probe 93 GT-ZE Now the new project, Boost? (01/01/2011)
      2.)NEWEST 06 Subaru Impreza WRX (AWD-T) STI-EVO KILLER!!! (04/13/2011)
      4.)2012 Shelby Mustang GT500 Supersnake being built (800HP Package)
      5.)87 Chevy Camaro IROC-Z Z28 (SOLD)

Comment

Have you checked the remote battery wire routing (what is left) for signs of arcage? My first bet was going to be on the battery relocation cable because that is one of the most un-healthy things you can do to a car unless you really know what you are doing. I am working on a car that had the cable going into the grounded sheet metal battery box through a hole cut in the side with no grommett. And cables can also get pinched or can chafe through somewhere in the routing unless you properly protect and secure it. There is a lot of amperage going through those cables and it doesn't take much vibration for a sharp edge to chafe right through the insulation. And as soon as it comes in contact with the first strand -then it is all over.

But regardless of how it started -I really feel for you. Even if was a work-in-progress -there was still a lot of love that had already been invested. I would help out myself if I wasn't in such a bad spot myself at the moment.

Hope everything works out well for you!
        Last edited by KLZE Porsche; October 15, 2010, 10:16 AM.
        Success is a measure of determination!
        Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
        $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
        Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
        Restoration of a legend

Comment

wow man, this is truly very sad....id like to help you. id say we all donate a little to help this man get at least a hooptie to get around. no one deserves this.. please pm me zzku.
          Last edited by ShexSlow; October 15, 2010, 10:20 AM.
          Leo
          94 PGTze - sold vid 1 vid 3 vid 2
          98 Pontiac firebird formula WS6 the race car.
          95 PGT-T..AKA..The ReD GhoSt KLDE turbo Built by me ..sold

Comment

so sad man , im sure its is like a friend just died, being how you spent some much time blood, sweat and tears with it.
            Last edited by REASON; October 19, 2010, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
              Have you checked the remote battery wire routing (what is left) for signs of arcage? My first bet was going to be on the battery relocation cable because that is one of the most un-healthy things you can do to a car unless you really know what you are doing. I am working on a car that had the cable going into the grounded sheet metal battery box through a hole cut in the side with no grommett. And cables can also get pinched or can chafe through somewhere in the routing unless you properly protect and secure it. There is a lot of amperage going through those cables and it doesn't take much vibration for a sharp edge to chafe right through the insulation. And as soon as it comes in contact with the first strand -then it is all over.

But regardless of how it started -I really feel for you. Even if was a work-in-progress -there was still a lot of love that had already been invested. I would help out myself if I wasn't in such a bad spot myself at the moment.

Hope everything works out well for you!
              Ya that was actually the first thing i checked this morning. There are no chaff marks or breakage in the battery cables. I had done the relocation with a friend of mine that works for a radio shop that does them all the time. The only part of the cable that is messed up is the positive that was on the starter in the engine bay that got burnt all to hell from the fire.

Comment

Wow sorry for your loss man. That would be the worst day for me if that to mine. Hopefully you find another one and start over.
                93 PGT-DE: Some mods
                94 PGT-DE: Bolt ons and stuff
                93 MX3-GS: Totaled

Comment

I swear,man,between you & westpalm,I'm beginning to think the probe has got it's own deamon now. Or our cars are getting good enough to attract jealous low life's that are too lazy to work hard for their dreams. I replaced some broken skirt pieces so far,gotta get some scrapes/dents removed yet. My exhaust is still bent in the middle from said low life's thinkin they could just stomp it loose. Jerk didn't take into account that it might be welded together. Seems likely to me that some kids were jealous. I've gotten gaggles of middle teens take one look at my ride,&"pffft! rich guys,...". I tell them I'm not rich,just workin OT & makin sacrifices to git-r-done....but nooo...I feel ya,man.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

wow kid i am sooo sorry, that looks and sounds horrible!
                    Timberline grey 96 pgt 5sp. Lowered on 18's w/ a custom sts stolen and M.I.A.
                    Noble Green KLZE'd MX-6 LS 5sp, STS, HID's and Yellow Fogs, SSAC'd,2.25 catback, KN'd, lip'd, CF hood, sittin low on H&R coilovers,Strut bars and 626 sway bar, FD's and bumpin'
                    http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...hroughhood.jpg

Comment

Thats Shitty as hell man im sorry, i couldnt imagine
                      06' New Formula Red AP2, HKS 3" Exhaust, Invidia TP
                      93GT-DD, 12" Kicker L7 1600watt Phoenix Gold Amp & Mids-Bomz CAI, RR Inserts, XTR stg 2 Clutch, MX-3 Flywheel Testpipe 2.5"piping OBX muffler Ebay headers
                      Soon To Go In-KLZE-CM stg 3 clutch, RR-Racing MM's, Probinator ECU, CAI, 2.5 Cat back, Colt Cams N20 Tri-Flows, CDF Cam Gears, Megasquirt

Comment

i actually cried when i saw this.
                        i literally love my probe (not sexually) i spend 3 hours a day working on it be it cleaning replacement parts or just turning her on and sitting in it, hell i even slept in my car (not by choice).
                        if my car went up like that i would kill someone, like not even kidding, i would murder someone.
                        but im so sorry about your loss mate.
                        91 PLX- "my baby" light weight flywheel, cross drilled rotors, new clutch, K&N filter. (sadly its gone now.... )

94 PSE- my absolute piece of shit, no mods, no exhaust from the downpipe back.

Comment

Originally posted by Helikaon View Post
                          i actually cried when i saw this.
                          i literally love my probe (not sexually) i spend 3 hours a day working on it be it cleaning replacement parts or just turning her on and sitting in it, hell i even slept in my car (not by choice).
                          if my car went up like that i would kill someone, like not even kidding, i would murder someone.
                          but im so sorry about your loss mate.
                          Ya it took a lot not to. I ran outside with my shot gun thinking there was someone messing with the car.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

this is beyond painfull to really say the least. Everything about it and that came with it just sucks completely. No money, no job, the house smells of smoke and burnt plastic among other things, I am going to have a lot of trouble finding another job without a vehicle. Its all just very overwhelming and bad timing. I am waiting to leave to boot camp for the Marines, I just enlisted 2 weeks ago after losing my job but I have to wait till August to lease. This is going to be a very long and painful 10 months of stress and waiting.

Comment

wow, i wouldn't know what to do if I lost my car, I wish there was a way I could help you out
                            ='95 PGT=
                            ='96 PGT=

Comment

Originally posted by zzku44 View Post
                              this is beyond painfull to really say the least. Everything about it and that came with it just sucks completely. No money, no job, the house smells of smoke and burnt plastic among other things, I am going to have a lot of trouble finding another job without a vehicle. Its all just very overwhelming and bad timing. I am waiting to leave to boot camp for the Marines, I just enlisted 2 weeks ago after losing my job but I have to wait till August to lease. This is going to be a very long and painful 10 months of stress and waiting.
                              I really hate to see all this happening to you when you have even volunteered to do such a great service for our country. I know that when you get your feet in the door -your worries will be over because they will make sure you are well taken care of.

And despite rumors of chow-hall food -I ate some pretty good meals there. They even served us steak and lobster on a rare occasion. For Thanks Giving the top three ranks would be serving us turkey and fixings as though they were our servants. But the whole experience is an entire life's worth of experiences. So just hang in there soldier and things will definitely get much better.

Is there someone you could move in with for temporary? Or have you thought about going to your recruiter and explaining the situation to see if they can get you in the gate a little sooner?

P.S. There are a lot of really good PT members down there in TX. Perhaps you might think about asking a favor to stay for temps until you P.C.S. to boot camp? I know I would put you up if I lived down that way. Put a post up on the Texas PT forum and see if someone will offer to put you up. And keep us updated!
                              Last edited by KLZE Porsche; October 15, 2010, 03:18 PM.
                              Success is a measure of determination!
                              Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                              $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                              Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                              Restoration of a legend

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
                                I really hate to see all this happening to you when you have even volunteered to do such a great service for our country. I know that when you get your feet in the door -your worries will be over because they will make sure you are well taken care of.

And despite rumors of chow-hall food -I ate some pretty good meals there. They even served us steak and lobster on a rare occasion. For Thanks Giving the top three ranks would be serving us turkey and fixings as though they were our servants. But the whole experience is an entire life's worth of experiences. So just hang in there soldier and things will definitely get much better.

Is there someone you could move in with for temporary? Or have you thought about going to your recruiter and explaining the situation to see if they can get you in the gate a little sooner?

P.S. There are a lot of really good PT members down there in TX. Perhaps you might think about asking a favor to stay for temps until you P.C.S. to boot camp? I know I would put you up if I lived down that way. Put a post up on the Texas PT forum and see if someone will offer to put you up. And keep us updated!
                                I look forward to going. I know I wont be completely trouble free but at least then problems like this wont be so drastically major. I have been trying to leave sooner, the thing is I cant because my AIT time is not in place and wont work sooner unless someone with the same job who is going earlier and taking up the slot drops out.I can't leave the house because its my moms and I take care of it. She is helping with the bills but with the way things keep happening it doesn't seem to get any easier. I will continue to keep my eyes peeled for any deals on any cars and keep working to pay my bills sell my things and find a job till I leave.
                                One thing is I was really looking forward to coming back home after 3 months at boot camp in San Diego and being able to drive my baby and give it the turbo that I'v been trying so hard to get. I know I will be damn near craving that more then anything, well that and my fiance.

It really kills me to hear these little ricers driving everywhere and think that I'll never hear my baby purr again, A light smooth warm purr. It wasn't the really loud exhaust, just the stock exhaust with no cat and headers. The purr and the roar of my ZE was just great and truly relaxing to hear. I loved it
                                Last edited by zzku44; October 15, 2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X