The Official Pigeon Forge Meet Thread!!1!!111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll ask for the time off.
    Last edited by David Halbleib; July 18, 2008, 04:15 AM.

Comment

We do need to get hotel accommodations and everything set up. There has been a lot of talk about this meet but nothing has been set in stone other than the Dragon. Those of us travelling great distances to get there need to agree on somewhere to stay.

If I dip out of the Midseas Mayhem meet, which is looking like that will most likely happen now, I'll be diverting a lot of time off to get the PGT ready for this meet.

This could be the sequel to Myrtle if we plan it well. For starters, I'm bringing very copious amounts of alcohol.
      Last edited by j-dogg; July 29, 2008, 04:48 PM.
      PhotoPOC(tm)
      MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
      93' PGT not stock
      91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

I'd like to go, but it's a bit of a drive with current gas prices. Anybody coming through central Kentucky on their way and want to pick me up?
        I Hope I'm there when there's nothing left to hate.

Comment

The only problem we are having is that it looks like its going to be a feeler meet. Much like the first myrtle. We arent going to be able to set up hotel accommodations because we risk the possibility off only 2 or 3 people coming. Basically its only gonna be a bunch of us getting together and hanging out admiring each others cars. With some fun go carts, putt-putt, and drinking along the way. Not trying to disappoint, but the reality is this isn't going to be Myrtle. Not yet.
          "I come from a very big family, nine parents."

"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story"

Comment

Well said Andy....Hopefully this meet will continue to grow year after year.....cuz we ain't stoppin!
            89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
            92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
            91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
            91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
            "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

One month away bitchez!!!! Who wants to loan me a couch hmmm?
              PhotoPOC(tm)
              MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
              93' PGT not stock
              91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

...........................The forge is strong with me.
                ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
                ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
                ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

I might be able to make this.
                  Has a near by campsite been posted?
                  2005 BMW r1200GS - fully dressed adv machine
                  2006 Suzuki SV650 - naked squid machine

Comment

You could just about throw a stone in any direction and land in a campsite.

OK, maybe not but there are probably nearly a hundred of them up there.
                    Jim K.
                    :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

I'm interested as well but is there any real plan as to what is going on? I mean if I was to book a hotel or try and get a campsite I wouldnt have any clue what to try and be near so as to not miss any "action."
                      Adam Kirkpatrick
                      1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
                      2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
                      1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

I probably wont be able to go this time around, I just have too much on my plate right now.

I do see the awesome potential that this meet has going for it though. Its close to many members and is a great location with alot to do. I would love to make it out there someday.

Comment

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps_loop.html

It is somewhat out of the way....... the wife probably wouldn't be into it either...
                          Last edited by TravisWilliams_GT; August 21, 2008, 07:54 PM.
                          ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
                          ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
                          ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

But it's awesome^..... The dragon is a great experience for any driver.
                            89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
                            92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
                            91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
                            91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
                            "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

The dragon is going to be a definite group drive. Trust me on this one, it is WELL WORTH IT!!!!

<--- Lost count of the number of trips to the Gap.
                              Jim K.
                              :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Well I think I'll pass on this one this one this year. sorry, but I just have too many cars that need painting
                                2005 BMW r1200GS - fully dressed adv machine
                                2006 Suzuki SV650 - naked squid machine

Comment

Working...
                                X