X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

um, yeah.

Comment

which one should i use? http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...756&prmenbr=76 im not shure which size would fit.
      Ive went to the dark, but much faster and reliable side..... 95 SR powered 240sx.

FIX YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!

Comment

im using the APC brand 20 bucks
        Flowmaster, Sleepy Eye, IAT Mod, Third Brake Light Mod, Painted Calipers, HomeDepot CAI, hyper white turn signals, custom clear corners, custom switch panel, PIAA Fogs

Comment

hey...me too. I got silver. pretty slick :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by beastlx
            which one should i use? http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...756&prmenbr=76 im not shure which size would fit.
            I'd pick this one;
            99-RU-3130 3-1/2" id, 3-1/2"- 4-5/8"x7"L

Those are all too long, I mean, they might work, but those are some huge filters, wow.

Comment

Originally posted by JonGTPGT
              im using the APC brand 20 bucks

Make sure you put some filter oil on it.
              '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
              '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

cold air intake option

well i dont know if this works well, and im prolly not the first to think of it, but when installing a CAI, why dont we keep the filter connected to the VAF and introduce a larger pipe that goes over the filter, and then down like a regular CAI and just scoops the cold are into the pipe? orjust have the filter go upper in the body and a surrounding pipe that gows down further and scoops air up, the main problem i see in the current design is that air gows thru one side and out the other side cause it is mounted vertically, if the air was scooped in, it would have to go up the pipe and through the filter, so there is no loss

how i see it...its still cold air, it just doesnt get filtered till it reaches the top? or does the heat of the filter cause it to warm up as it goes thru? but if its lower in the pipe(on the part that goes down near the rad) it wont get heated and you get amost 100% of the air that actually gows thru the pipe....

in the end, you wouldnt have to worry about your filter hitting the ground and snapping off, or getting that much water in it?

if this has already been brought up and has a specific name, please direct me to it......thanks
                Last edited by weedo; May 7, 2002, 09:45 PM.
                93 gt
                02 civic lx coupe

lifes a bitch, but god forbid the bitch divorce me

Comment

It is better to have the filter lower. When I made mine it had been raining a lot, so I was worried about water. I just used a ractive heat shielded filter. Here how it came out, sorry it does not show much detail.

http://www.homepagez.com/blackprobegt/engine.htm

Comment

Re: cold air intake option

Originally posted by weedo
                    well i dont know if this works well, and im prolly not the first to think of it, but when installing a CAI, why dont we keep the filter connected to the VAF and introduce a larger pipe that goes over the filter, and then down like a regular CAI and just scoops the cold are into the pipe?
                    Already been done.
                    Or you could just use a 2.5 inch pipe on the end of stock airbox, and run that down with a scoop or whatever, which seems much easier IMO.

Comment

great how-to... just did mine this weekend!

Not only can you definitely notice the throttle response, but it sounds mean as hell too

Comment

I did my own to after a little research and some 3.5" mandrel bend's and some pipe I now have a CAI that is exactly like the Hotshot unit, Sound's like VTEC now when the VRIS come's on just a little quieter, except for the fact that you can actually feel the VRIS, VTEC is just a bumblebee fartin in an empty pop can :grin:. I felt quite an improvement in power when I moved the K&N off teh VAF and down to ground level in front of the tranny, it pull's hard to redline and has a nice little bump at 4250rpm when VRIS #2 come's into play. Zach

Comment

Originally posted by sparky93
                          except for the fact that you can actually feel the VRIS, VTEC is just a bumblebee fartin in an empty pop can
                          VTEC is a far more efficient and effective system than VRIS could ever be.

Do *NOT* turn this into a VTEC / VRIS debate please. Start a new thread if you want to get into that

Comment

Or you could just use a 2.5 inch pipe on the end of stock airbox, and run that down with a scoop or whatever, which seems much easier IMO.
                            I've been thinking the same thing (attaching a pipe to the stock airbox however, do you know any1 who has tried this setup before? When I look at my engine bay it just does not seem like there's remotely enough room in there to do that, unless I relocate the battery (which is something I don't want to do). Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

thanks for the instructions, they helped out a lot when i did mine. The sound/performance is much better now
                              Silver 1994 PGT MTX Proud member of ONPOC
                              Pacesetter exhaust, HD CAI, Clear Corners, Sony Deck, Pioneer sub, ACT stage 1 clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Eibach springs, KYB struts

Comment

Originally posted by Profile

do you know any1 who has tried this setup before?
                                Me.
                                With the right angles it's easy. a 45 on one end should do it. Follow above instructions for removal, etc. And cut to fit. Run it straight down.

Comment

Working...
                                X