No announcement yet.

My 1996 P-GT Resto-Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The second one was owned by a pt member I think his name is Eric not to sure what his profile name is, but I think it was97Pgtracer or something. I actually almost bought that car last summer but it sold and got parted out
    97 pgt, manual swap, jdm lsd trans, cm stage 2 clutch, mx3 flywheel, cai

2001 626

Comment

• That second car was parted out? Why (If you know?) The stuff I would have gotten off of that.............Such a shame to see/hear that. Was it wrecked or blown motor?

Comment

• Pretty sure it was a timing belt issue, it was a good price but I was in school and already owned two probes at the time,

2001 626

Comment

• From the looks of that car I would have thought fixing the timing belt issue would have been better then parting it, wouldn't it? What happened to the Shoguns?

Comment

• WANTED- Your Opinions

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
            Last edited by ScottD961; January 8, 2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• It will look good with any of the wheels you have mentioned, but depending on how much you want to lower the car it may be even harder on your legs getting out of the car.

2001 626

Comment

• Originally posted by 93pgtravis View Post
                It will look good with any of the wheels you have mentioned, but depending on how much you want to lower the car it may be even harder on your legs getting out of the car.
                I've thought of that. Getting in and out is always going to be a pain for me, no matter what. I could just finish the CAI, do the headers and be done. It will need some paint detailing but I'm having a shop do that

I put a nice shift knob in it from a Mazda as the leather was flaking off mine. Now I'm leaning towards changing the steering wheel - maybe?
                Last edited by ScottD961; September 29, 2014, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Scott,

I'd stick with the stock ride height. These cars aren't the easiest to get into or out of as is, and lowering would only make it worse.

I like the stock swirlies with this color. Chrome swirlies would draw too much attention to themselves.

It looks nice and clean as it is now, and I'd leave it that way if it was mine.
                  Jim
                  1989 Probe GT
                  2010 Mustang GT Premium (MT): Red Candy Metallic
                  2014 Focus S (MTX): Sterling Grey daily

Comment

• I thought u sold the car?
                    95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                    Built, Not Bought.
                    No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by polarexpress17 View Post
                      I thought u sold the car?
                      He took it off the market and sold the 2 purple ones.
                      Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

• My opinion would be if you're going lower, it needs bigger wheels.. either the RX8 or the shoguns would look killer on this car. However, if you are keeping it at stock height, I would stick with the stock (not chrome) swirlies for a simple clean look. At lower heights the swirlies become super 'sunk' and look tiny in the wheel wells. IMO.

As for lowering, I would say go for it! But that being said, if it is already a bit of an issue to get in and out of lowering it will only make it that much harder. I love my coilovers for handling and ride height but I'd imagine you'd be happy with a set of drop springs for like a 1.0-1.5" drop, and dont need the 3-4" drop of coilovers... Right? My bet is that a 1.0-1.5" drop would look very nice on the car and wouldnt affect your 'in-and-out' abilities too drastically. Just my $0.02!
                        1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
                        Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
                        1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
                        2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

• Originally posted by j.trump View Post
                          Scott,

I'd stick with the stock ride height. These cars aren't the easiest to get into or out of as is, and lowering would only make it worse.

I like the stock swirlies with this color. Chrome swirlies would draw too much attention to themselves.

It looks nice and clean as it is now, and I'd leave it that way if it was mine.
                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                          ---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
                          Originally posted by polarexpress17 View Post
                          I thought u sold the car?
                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                          Last edited by ScottD961; January 8, 2015, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• [quote=BradsPGT;1924169499]My opinion would be if you're going lower, it needs bigger wheels.. either the RX8 or the shoguns would look killer on this car. However, if you are keeping it at stock height, I would stick with the stock (not chrome) swirlies for a simple clean look. At lower heights the swirlies become super 'sunk' and look tiny in the wheel wells. IMO.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                            Last edited by ScottD961; January 8, 2015, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                              Last edited by ScottD961; January 8, 2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Got a text message the other day from Scorpion. He said he found the original window sticker and needed my address to mail it to me ! How cool is that? What a cool present to Eleanor,huh? Got it today no less and he even took the time to put cardboard in the envelope and he pit it in a large envelope so it wouldn't get damaged ! Scorpion you sir are a class act all the way. Thank you again

Comment

Working...
                                X