No announcement yet.

I are bored. My ever changing mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you tried a whole new gauge cluster? Maybe the cluster itself died on you.

You could also try running a temp wire directly from the distributor to the tach, i'm not sure if the ecu modifies the signal though.
    95 Black Probe GT
    Currently being parted out.

Comment

• No more disty, hence the missing tach. I've actually tried 2 different clusters and I know both worked fine previously.
      Jim K.
      :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• aahhh, ok.

Are you running MS now or some form of factory ECU hack?

Last I recall you had a MAF 626 or Millenia ECU setup running low boost. I haven't been keeping up as much lately.
        95 Black Probe GT

Comment

• Installed my MS a few months ago that came from the very first bulk buy. Modded for coilpacks of course. Hot summer constantly made me nervous with the very high N/A timing under boost.
          Jim K.
          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• The coil pack doesn't have a Tach out? Or the MS unit itself?

My SDS pack had a tach out wire.
            95 Black Probe GT

Comment

• oh yea, i work WAAAAAAAY to much. another weekend coming up lol
              WHO DAT SAY GON' BEAT DEM SAINTS, WHO DAT WHO DAT!!!!!!!

THIS IS OUR STATE!! GO DAWGS!!!! MISSISSIPPI STATE FOR LIFE!!!

Comment

• So as of today I HAVE A WORKING TACH!!!!
                Ended up having to come up with my own circuit to get it going.
                http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ACHCIRCUIT.jpg
                Simple amplifier was all it took. With the tach working now, i get my remote start/turbo timer back just in time for the upcoming cold mornings.
                Now that the tach is working, I can finish on the garage so Ill have a warm place to work on things this winter. Hopefully it will only take one more weekend.
                Oh yeah, heres a little play time. 0-100 run.
                http://youtu.be/gStw-oJRl44
                Jim K.

Comment

• Where's that like button? .....

89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
                  92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
                  91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
                  91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
                  "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

• So it's been a month since the last update. Done a bit in that time. Thanks to our wonderful knox utilities, I bottomed out HARD a few weeks ago. Destroyed the crossmember (didnt hurt the pipes) and cracked the trans around the drain plug. Not wanting to have to replace the cases, I drained the trans and filled the crack with loctite seam sealer and it seems to be holding up okay. Rebuilt the crossmebmer from scratch out of a UTV roll cage. Turned out okay. Still needs some finishing touches but it will work for now.
                    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1011121942.jpg

Also got the rest of my dash LEDs converted over to blue using leftover LEDs from the abandoned cluster project. Turned out sweet but I haven't taken any pics yet.

Replaced my shift linkage bar for the second time since i've owned the car. The riveted pivot on the trans side completely wore out again from (a lot of) normal use. No slop at all in the shifter again.

Went to pullapart over the weekend and stumbled over a 97 GTS. Kinda heartbreaking because it was in fantastic shape. I snagged some interior stuff to eventually get rid of the maroon CF vents and door handles in my car. And got another dipstick. Also got this: http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1028121522.jpg

Honestly im not really digging it.
                    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...029121424a.jpg

Lessee, I also picked up a new fuel pressure gauge for the AFPR because the old one has been broken for about three years. I also mounted the AFPR a little better and re-did the lines a bit. I hate building AN lines. Guess I need to get a few pics of that stuff too.
                    Jim K.

Comment

• that center reflector looks kie shit on your car jim i think you should ship it to me it would go so good with my euro tails lol
                      95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
                      94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
                      93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
                      97&94&93 PGT gone
                      DALE

Comment

• Why not just make a bar that goes laterally for the front mount and just eliminate the crossmember?
                        1992 Mazda MX-3 GS - KLG4 Turbo

Scott

Comment

• Because I would rather have the x member hit the ground instead of the pipes. One or two hits on the thin wall turboxs pipes and there will be holes.
                          Jim K.

Comment

• I like the center reflector I finally found on in good shape this year!
                            93 Probe GT
                            Its not a PROBLEM. It's a PROBE LUM

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d..._5571185_n.jpg

Comment

• Well, made some major changes of the last few days. I was about to go through the work of de-turboing due to the megasquirt ging me problem after problem. Could never get the idle right, major heat soak issues while parked, seemingly untraceable resets... I was so sick of it last week I was ready to sell the car, especially after it almost got me killed when it stalled trying to cross Alcoa highway.
                              Over the last two days I pulled all the MS stuff out and put the stock ECU/VAF/disty in with the Vortech FMU I have. Left in the S injectors and turned the fuel pressure down to about 25 psi. I have a VAF piggyback set up on it so I can play with the fuel in the cruising range to compensate for the bigger injectors. Got two single wire o2 but I could only install one for now because I forgot I had welded the rear bung shut after the o2 sensor stripped out on it there. I have another rear manifold at work with a broken EGR fitting I will swap out once I weld the fitting shut.
                              Other than the slightly crappy low AFRs due to the missing o2 sensor its running REALLY good. Depending on how well this works out after I find and install a Begi FMU I may keep it this way. I can turn the key and it will start every time with no drama, no stalling/ funky idle, etc. In short, I love my car again, despite the short distances I have driven it. Ill get some pics of the simple VAF piggy back setup soon. The controller fit nicely at the top of the cubby next to the clock so I still have room for the MP3 player.
                              Jim K.

Comment

• MAF conversion is going back in next weekend in preparation for something else. I would have done it today but Im hurting too much so I'm laying low.
                                I did manage to pick up a new headlight motor to replace the failing one on the passenger side and I swapped it out yesterday. While I was at PAP I looked into a different set of projectors from a Lexus and while they were very similar in design to the J30's, they are spaced too far apart to fit. I debated on doing some kind of 300zx style conversion but then I came to my senses and threw that idea out. Instead Im going to re do my original J30 conversion and make it a lot cleaner and professional looking.
                                Jim K.

Comment

Working...
                                X