Lightest Race Weight 2nd Gen GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightest Race Weight 2nd Gen GT

The search feature brought up some information, but I’ve seen conflicting data and figured this might be useful for others building track cars with the platform:

What’s the lightest the 2nd Gen V6 Probe can be reduced to? And with what removed/replaced/retained? With or without cage?

I’ve seen reports of cars as low as 2100-2250, curious what others have seen or done themselves. My car has been completely stripped including door windows and power mechanisms, headlights and associated motor and assembly, and pretty much everything except the header core and the dash shell and gauges. I will post a weight once I get it on a scale.
    05' AM General 1151 Up-Armored HMMWV "Humvee" TurboDiesel V8, 190chp - 400ctq on JP8
    99' Honda VTR1000F 996 Superhawk
    94' Ford Ranger 4.0L XLT
    96' Boysenberry Probe GT - ZE Swap

I have no cage and "average" weight reduction and weigh in at 1200kg (2645lb) with fuel/me/spare/jack if that helps. I haven't removed/modified anything structural to reduce weight, im sure i could get down to 1100kg (2425lb) with a lot more effort but its simply not worth the gain. see my sig for what ive removed.

I doubt you could get down to 2200lb but then i still drive mine on the road so i have power windows/dash etc so maybe its possible. if you want light put the engine in a MX3
    Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
    Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
    Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

I weighed in at 2220lbs recently with above average amount of weight reduction. Looking at what you've done I'd imagine you're probably close to 2300lbs. Off the top of my head I can see another 100lbs coming off my car easy (remove passenger seat, light weight drivers seat, remove power steering, remove front and rear bumper supports), which would get me down into the 2100 range. Then if you want to get crazy you can look into lexan windows, fiberglass body panels, etc. Depending on your intended use and dedication, I'd imagine you could get into the 1900's.

Pretty sure Dan [sac] was close to 2000lbs with the drag car, and that had a cage and turbo
      Last edited by proboner; June 26, 2018, 11:01 PM.
      Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
      Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
      Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
      The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

it has been a while but last i checked mine was 2460ish with everything behind the front seats removed. no p/s pump, lines, reservoir, no a/c and fan, no cruise and as many brackets as I could. I'm sure there are other small things but those were the main items.
        Rio Red 94 PGT mtx
        Mods - ZE, Probinator chip, Bomz cai, 2.5 Borla catback, 2.5 custom tp, ACT, Fidanza, ss line, ssac headers, poly inserts, Intrax, illuminas, cusco camber plates

Comment

Working...
        X