This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres waht i Have so far...check it out
    Flowmaster, Sleepy Eye, IAT Mod, Third Brake Light Mod, Painted Calipers, HomeDepot CAI, hyper white turn signals, custom clear corners, custom switch panel, PIAA Fogs

Comment

Pipes needed for HD CAI

I just did a lot of searches trying to figure out what piping I need for the HD CAI. I didn't really find what I needed. I need to know what piping you need at the bottom to get around the splash guard. If I get on straight down It's just blocked off. Sorry if I sound dumb, I'm still new at all this. Thanks for any help.

Comment

most people use a 45 degree elbow at the end to angle the filter backwards giving clearance around that mud gaurd. Then again, some people like me just remove their mud gaurds due to annoyance.

Comment

If the filter is tilted backwards like that will it get enough are in. Or would I be better of just taking off the guards.

Comment

Originally posted by NMPrbspd17
            If the filter is tilted backwards like that will it get enough are in. Or would I be better of just taking off the guards.

Air will get in just fine.
            '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
            '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Thanks for your guys help.

Comment

Check this out.

Comment

cut the splash guard
                  _â„¢

Comment

Home Depot intake question

Hey guys, quick question......

First of all I`m really bad with terms so feel free to educate me.

I took off the stock air filtering system. From the air scoop in the front area, back to the air box, where the filter hides.

Now I`ve read about this "Home Depot" idea.....about taking an ABS piping and running it from the VAF (air box) down to the splash guard using an 3` pipe.

My question is, when I took off the air box, there was a cone shaped air duct object which was inside the box is now standing on its own.

Now, do I buy a rubber sleeve to place between the cone and the new k/n filter or do I take this cone thing off and run the k/n filter directly in?

Or do I run a sleeve from the cone object into a ABS pipe, down to the splash guard then add the k/n filter at the end of the tubing?

Help!!!!!!!!
                    http://members.cardomain.com/maritimeprobegt

~UNDER CONSTRUCTION...RIP 02/21/03~

Comment

ok, just for future reference, searching will yield all the answers you need.

you cannont take off the cone thingy (VAF), the car wont run without it, so it stays. Get a rubber sleave, and connect the 3" abs piping to the VAF, then run it down to the splash guard with a 90 degree elbow. Attach the filter to the end of the pipe, near the splash guard.
                      _â„¢

Comment

theres a link in my signature follow that, enter the page find cold air intake, click for pictures. The cone like thing is called a VAF, it regulates air flow without it your car will run like crap! I used used a 90 degree rubber elbow from the Throttle body to the VAF, a rubber sleeve off the VAF to a 5 inch piece of ABS to a 90 degree elbow, to another 6 inch strait piece you could attach a filter at this point if you want but I wanted it to be a little lower so I added a 45 degree elbow and a threaded piece of ABS to attach the filter to. Hope this makes sence.
                        My SRT-4
                        Sold, My Turbo 2g MX6

Comment

OK, got it.....

Now where I took the original air scoop off by the rad. the dual fans are exposed......should I get a guard to cover this area up?

Also the mounting around the VAF are still on, should I get a long bolt and help support the VAF in place?

Comment

if you look real close at the picture on my page you will se I have used a zip tie to hold it in place I have since made a metal bracket but it doesnt work any better just looks nicer. The zip tie held it fine. As for the fan cover I made my own out of sheet metal but you can get one from PRD for like 40 bucks I think. I dont think they are really nessiccary but they make it look a lot cleaner. My we page also has pics of what the fan shroud looks like.
                            My SRT-4
                            Sold, My Turbo 2g MX6

Comment

Well I just went to home depot on my lunch break.......I got all the material you had mentioned on your web page.

Question.....once you connected the pipes together, did you just use just clamps or an adhesive glue?

Comment

I used pipe glue on the hard parts and clamps for the rubber to hard pipe parts
                                My SRT-4
                                Sold, My Turbo 2g MX6

Comment

Working...
                                X