Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!
Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Probe Owners Clubs > SCProbes

Notices

SCProbes Probing South Carolina in True Myrtle Fashion!

Old January 29th, 2016, 09:55 AM   #5451
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsacrifice View Post
I see. Should have bought the CL for amazing gas mileage!

I ordered a 180amp alt for my car yesterday. I had one that large in the probe and I loved it so this should get me motivated to do more audio work.

I guess the Columbia woods weren't rural enough for her?
Yea I could have done that but I would be sea-sick by the time I got anywhere.

I just want the weather to stop sucking so I can get anything at all done with the cars!
Old January 29th, 2016, 11:21 AM   #5452
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSE View Post
Yea I could have done that but I would be sea-sick by the time I got anywhere.

I just want the weather to stop sucking so I can get anything at all done with the cars!
Shoulda moved south not north. I just went to lunch and it was 65 outside, so perfect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
opensource tuned by CMP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GONE

livingsacrifice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2016, 01:50 PM   #5453
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Quote:
Shoulda moved south not north. I just went to lunch and it was 65 outside, so perfect.
I'll bet! There are still 8ft piles of ice here
Old February 1st, 2016, 01:00 PM   #5454
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Quote:
Just got told I'd get the 2garage + carport place I was looking at renting. Mwahaha. Added bonus is the prior renter had the garage wired for 220v for her oven so she could bake outside with family... I don't bake but my welder just found a nice home!
Old February 1st, 2016, 02:00 PM   #5455
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
Just got told I'd get the 2garage + carport place I was looking at renting. Mwahaha. Added bonus is the prior renter had the garage wired for 220v for her oven so she could bake outside with family... I don't bake but my welder just found a nice home!
"renting" as you should so you can quickly move back to SC when the time comes
Sounds like a good place though. One day I want a 2 car garage with at least 1 bay free.

I'm going on a trip to the shenandoa mtns end of the month. Unfortunately not with my car, we are flying.

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old February 1st, 2016, 09:38 PM   #5456
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Quote:
"renting" as you should so you can quickly move back to SC when the time comes
Sounds like a good place though. One day I want a 2 car garage with at least 1 bay free.

I'm going on a trip to the shenandoa mtns end of the month. Unfortunately not with my car, we are flying.
Uh yea haha. I don't plan on being here for much longer than this next lease. On top of the fact that for what I'd pay for a house up here vs down there I could buy a SC house + lambo for what I'd have in the same house in VA.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 07:16 AM   #5457
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
Uh yea haha. I don't plan on being here for much longer than this next lease. On top of the fact that for what I'd pay for a house up here vs down there I could buy a SC house + lambo for what I'd have in the same house in VA.
Agree. Plus all my friends say it's tough to even find houses there. The only plus is that they have the basements there.

Go with the lambo!

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old February 2nd, 2016, 06:59 PM   #5458
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Quote:
Agree. Plus all my friends say it's tough to even find houses there. The only plus is that they have the basements there.

Go with the lambo!
It's not impossible but they are just $$$ for what they are. Most are single (small) garages on no land. Or you have to live in the country to get anything with space. Houses near the populated areas weren't meant to do anything but live in and leave for work.

and all the basements flood.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 06:57 AM   #5459
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
It's not impossible but they are just $$$ for what they are. Most are single (small) garages on no land. Or you have to live in the country to get anything with space. Houses near the populated areas weren't meant to do anything but live in and leave for work.

and all the basements flood.
Oh I know. We have a location up in DC and the people there always tell me that. They have to live like 30 minutes out just to find a place and it's just like that, no land, houses right next to each other and only a place to sleep.

Never heard of too many basements flooding though. My aunt and uncle live in Maryland and I've never heard of any flooding in there's the entire time I've been alive.

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old February 7th, 2016, 06:58 PM   #5460
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Quote:
Oh I know. We have a location up in DC and the people there always tell me that. They have to live like 30 minutes out just to find a place and it's just like that, no land, houses right next to each other and only a place to sleep.

Never heard of too many basements flooding though. My aunt and uncle live in Maryland and I've never heard of any flooding in there's the entire time I've been alive.
Think I might be able to bring out the viper this weekend still piles of snow 6ft high in some places
Old February 8th, 2016, 07:39 AM   #5461
Snorb93GT
Donating User

WHAT UP FOOLS?! I am indeed in Germany, alive, and not locked up and it is glorious.
Old February 8th, 2016, 08:05 AM   #5462
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorb93GT View Post
WHAT UP FOOLS?! I am indeed in Germany, alive, and not locked up and it is glorious.
And what are we doing for work now?

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old February 8th, 2016, 09:44 AM   #5463
Snorb93GT
Donating User

Quote:
And what are we doing for work now?
I work remotely for a travel company. It is pretty great.
Old February 8th, 2016, 11:09 AM   #5464
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorb93GT View Post
I work remotely for a travel company. It is pretty great.
That's pretty swell.

Our travel person got let go and she does travel remotely now for some company in Cali.

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old February 8th, 2016, 11:54 AM   #5465
ShadowSE
PT Guru

But more importantly,

What are you driving?

Have you Autobahnded it yet?

Too bad there aren't many cool GDM parts for any of our cars we could get you to score for us haha. Damnit we don't all drive audis.
Old February 8th, 2016, 12:51 PM   #5466
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
But more importantly,

What are you driving?

Too bad there aren't many cool GDM parts for any of our cars we could get you to score for us haha. Damnit we don't all drive audis.
or beemers

about tired of the guy in the office next to me bragging about his 7 series

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old February 11th, 2016, 02:03 PM   #5467
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Quote:
or beemers

about tired of the guy in the office next to me bragging about his 7 series

I keep trying to like BMWs but I just can't make myself do it. The interiors are all wrong and lately the cars only look good from ONE angle and the rest make it look bloated.

19d until garage bliss. Have to find out when I can trailer the 7 up here have to take the mazdaspeed to a car wash tomorrow. It's so nasty from the weather
Old February 12th, 2016, 02:46 AM   #5468
Snorb93GT
Donating User

Quote:
But more importantly,

What are you driving?

No car for me, I don't need one. I can walk everywhere. There's also an excellent subway/tram/bus system and we have a subway stop 2 min from our apartment.

Manfriend has a car though (provided by his company), it's a 2012 VW Passat wagon, fully loaded, 6 spd (everything here is stick), it's nice. I have driven it on the autobahn but only once so far and that was following him driving a transport truck, so it was not under "fun circumstances." We're driving to a city in the Czech Republic in a couple weeks though so I'll make him let me drive some of it.