Focus ST has New Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focus ST has New Shoes

No Plans to Lower it yet. I still have both my Probes but this will now become my daily.

1993 PGT 342K Miles - Sold
    1996 PSE 330K Miles
    http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701317615
    Proud Owner of a Senior Probe Here on PT!!!

Sharp color. Looks good.
    Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

Looking good! Recaro package?
      1992 Probe LX_Rust in Peace
      1989 Probe GT_Weekend Warrior
      2002 Focus SVT_Powerworks Supercharged_Gone
      2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
      2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

I approve of this union.
        90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
        93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
        97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
        90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

Originally posted by plx92 View Post
          Looking good! Recaro package?
          Yes sir. ST3. Includes all options including Recaro

Thanks Dan. Followed your RWD through its build
          1996 PSE 330K Miles

Comment

Good deal with ST3! We have a few on our lot at the dealer I work at without Recaro seats. I wouldn't even consider buying an ST without those seats. lol
            94' Probe GT
            11' Subaru WRX

Comment

Nice. About the only thing that would make me sell my Speed 3 is the RS with AWD as long as it hits our shores. That or the new Speed 3, also with AWD.
              Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

My friend has one of those. I wouldn't mind owning one, maybe in the future...
                '97 PGT
                ATX
                Greddy SP2, ported and polished IM, pheno spacers, FAST front strut bar, Addco rear swaybar, Hankook Ventus HRII's

Comment

a beautiful consummation.
                  I think it's an obsession!
                  http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/911982_1

Comment

Originally posted by Domino81 View Post
                    Nice. About the only thing that would make me sell my Speed 3 is the RS with AWD as long as it hits our shores. That or the new Speed 3, also with AWD.
                    There is talk the RS is a for sure thing in 2016 in the US however I'm not sure about AWD. It needs it for the HP they're claiming.

I may consider trading for the RS if its AWD but if its not I'll stay with the ST. When you start getting close to 300hp to the front wheels its just sketchy. This thing is fun at 252hp but now with the FFRP tune the torque is just insane. Jumps from 270 to 360. You can't really launch and you have to wait until 3rd and 4th before you can go WOT (unless you just want to spin) and even then a dip in the Road is enough to send the tires south for a moment which is not so bad until they grab again (and usually not at the same time) jerking the steering wheel sharply.
                    1996 PSE 330K Miles

Comment

Are those the Niche Targa's? I was looking at the exact same wheel for my CX9. I can get the full set of 20's for less then a Grand shipped!
                      PaTricK
                      ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Originally posted by MonoxideChild View Post
                        Are those the Niche Targa's? I was looking at the exact same wheel for my CX9. I can get the full set of 20's for less then a Grand shipped!
                        Yes. Niche Targa M129 Anthracite Color. Under a Grand for 20's is a great deal. I would jump on that.
                        1996 PSE 330K Miles

Comment

Najir at Ford did state that Focus RS would get an AWD specifically developed for the RS(not recycled from Escape). I do like the wheels on your ST! Perhaps your new wheels will fit the RS, unless production RS wheels are more appealing to your taste.

Comment

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...-insider-info/
                            Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

Nice, I have an 2014 ST3 for Daily since June 2014, Tuxedo Black Paint, Stage 3, Custom Tune.

The Recaros do get uncomfortable for long drives and I'm 5'7 180-185lbs.

Anyone over 6ft-6'3" I think won't really like head room .

I have some Green and Yellow Team Dynamic Prorace 1.2 for my car 18x9.

I would recommend at least a Air Filter Upgrade + Optional Rocket Science Air Snorkel and Depo or Steeda Intercooler and a Rear Motor mount upgrade plus an oil catch can. Most budget friendly mods. Then a Cobb AP V3 and a custom tune. That's all you need to get the most out of the car.

The car's brake will smoke on the track as they'll get hot and burn up the piston seals/cover. I think mine are all messed up already. And the Oil temp will max out also.

If this is your daily you don't really need an RS! I will not be getting an RS I've got better places to put my money now a Mortgage fml.

I'm not a big fan of the RS Styling. Most of the focus community was expecting more of a Fifteen52 Trackster look!

I'll hope for a totaled RS and save for a drivetrain swap axles and all parts needed to awd an ST for fun.

Still love my Probe and when it's back time to park the Focus
                              Last edited by TrueDreams; February 4, 2015, 04:56 PM.
                              MDNGHT: Quad Projector+Kit+Cobra BBK+Almost every suspension part you can think of for the front and rear + full poly bushings everywhere

The joy of owning a F.O.R.D. Fix or Repair Daily

Comment

Working...
                              X