Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in SC want a set of FD rims with tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:yasrslycuzitsnotlikeyouwonthaveyourcarbackeventua lly:

The FD rims would have been happy to be reunited with the MX-6 seats in your car too, Daylin. :jigglemad:
    ~SumR
    I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by supergoat View Post
      :realballasbuyrimsregardlessiftheyhaveacar:
      :thinksthishasgonetoofarbutdosen'twanttoenditcuzit isfun:

edit:

:ohyeadaylinisadork:
      Last edited by ShadowSE; October 25, 2008, 04:26 PM. Reason: forgot to insult daylin
      Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

these are just like the ones I was drooling over today. Too bad I live to far away to go get them. Good luck with the sale
        it is better to be a smart fella than a fart smella

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Man View Post
          these are just like the ones I was drooling over today. Too bad I live to far away to go get them. Good luck with the sale

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowSE View Post
            :thinksthishasgonetoofarbutdosen'twanttoenditcuzit isfun:

edit:

:ohyeadaylinisadork:
            :thatswhyinolongertalktosummer:

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

sorry... got out of imports... (unless you count the bike or the rx7 with the v8 goin in)... so I don't need any more rims (still have 3 sets to sell )

I am, however, available all day if you wanted to meet up and buy them
              V8 in a RX-7? sacrilege i say!

Comment

http://www.axcessmypics.com/photos/p...878cfabd68.jpg

omggg

too bad when i was driving them the 5 mile loop i drove.. well i guess the wheels wernt balanced.. shook me to death for about a mile... lug nuts are wrong so ima have to wait till i go home and get my stock ones.. well the shaking caused me to loose my brakes (wtf can someone explain this to me?) well my friend brought me my stock rims and shes runing great now.... lol guess i need to balance them!

Comment

Originally posted by thingsthatfly2 View Post
                  http://www.axcessmypics.com/photos/p...878cfabd68.jpg

omggg

too bad when i was driving them the 5 mile loop i drove.. well i guess the wheels wernt balanced.. shook me to death for about a mile... lug nuts are wrong so ima have to wait till i go home and get my stock ones.. well the shaking caused me to loose my brakes (wtf can someone explain this to me?) well my friend brought me my stock rims and shes runing great now.... lol guess i need to balance them!
                  huh? i never had any problems on my probe and they haven't been on a car since then? they should be balanced.

you sure you had the fronts / rears on correctly? there are 2 sets of tires there if i remember correctly.

also, if you tried to use those 'flat' lugnuts, it wouldn't work since the FD's are tapered. it would just move around since you don't have hubcentric rings.

as far as the brakes, i have no idea there, dosen't really make any sense.

Originally posted by Black95SE View Post
                  V8 in a RX-7? sacrilege i say!
                  yes, and you are the first person to say that.
                  Last edited by ShadowSE; October 25, 2008, 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

huh? i never had any problems on my probe and they haven't been on a car since then? they should be balanced.

you sure you had the fronts / rears on correctly? there are 2 sets of tires there if i remember correctly.

also, if you tried to use those 'flat' lugnuts, it wouldn't work since the FD's are tapered. it would just move around since you don't have hubcentric rings.

as far as the brakes, i have no idea there, dosen't really make any sense.

i know im totaly confused. on the probe were the nicer wheels on the back? this may be where i messed up. i put the nondirectional tires up front. i mean it shook at like 15mph! i couldnt control it at 35. and im soo lost on the brakes.. i mean i really need new pads cause they are almost all th way down but wow... hmm ima do a brake job this week and prob buy these.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15MM-...mZ150302069294

Tho i might just go buy some of those 1/4" slip on spacers... hmm i really dont know what to do. help? im not in any rush for these wheels to be on my car i just want to make sure its safe and i get the benifit of having 9"wide of tire stickin to the road

Comment

i have a pair of 10mm spacers off of the NSX that are the same bolt pattern if you want to try those. i have no idea why you would have had a problem.

Comment

sure dude id love to try them out. if they work for the back i might just buy them off you i have monday off so we can meet up.

which wheels did you have on the front? the new or older tires?
                        Last edited by thingsthatfly2; October 25, 2008, 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

yea, thats fine. i am off monday too.

i honestly can't remember. the new ones were on the front i believe.

Comment

yea thats what i had... new on front and mby i had the sides swaped.. mby the wrong lugnuts had something to do with it. mby it was just a freak thing.. but dang.. i mean it was worse then driving with 2 flats (i only had on the front wheels. i jsut dont see why my brakes wernt working. if my friend would come through im just going to do my brake job this week and put on some mazda 6 brakes.

how much for the spacers?
                            Last edited by thingsthatfly2; October 25, 2008, 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

are you sure they aren't flat?

i usually take most of the air out of tires before i store them (and always store them 'face up' so they aren't resting on the rim... did you check the pressure?

Comment

are you sure they aren't flat?

i usually take most of the air out of tires before i store them (and always store them 'face up' so they aren't resting on the rim... did you check the pressure?
                                Isn't that normally how you drive them? The lower to the ground the faster, at least that's what the Japanese guy told me when he sent them overnight.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

Working...
                                X