• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David's94PGT
    Electrical
    -Plug in harnesses in tranny area.
    -Plug in vehicle speed sensor.
    -Don’t plug in reverse light switch.. To resolve that, use the 2 wires from the reverse light switch, plug into the to the 1 and 4 for continuity( for the harness in the illustraion below)
    -Use 2 wires and jump 6 and 9 to trick the comp, so you can start the car.
    -2-3 harnesses do not plug into anything, just leave it

The orange harness that looks like this:
    ------------
    |1 2 3 4 5|
    |6 7 _ 8 9|
    -----------

I only know of the reverse light switch on the front of the MTX closer to the rad, the sensor in the back closer to the firewall is the VSS, the VSS just plugs right in. The reverse light on the front can be wired in with the intructions above.

HINT
    ------------
    |1 2 3 4 5|
    |6 7 _ 8 9|
    ------------
    ^^^^^^think of this as a mirrior image, I wired it up wrong untill I thought of it as a mirrior image

As for the two switches on the clutch pedal, one of them is the neutral safty(AKA, clutch pedal safty switch) From factory you need to press the clutch down to start the car, this can be wired in to that switch from pin 6 and pin 9 from the instructions above.
    The other switch is for the cruise controle kick off, all you have to do is wire this up in series to the cruise kick off from the switch off the brake pedal. SO, if you dont wire that up, if your on cruise and press on the clutch, your RPM's will sky rocket. It was a little scary the first time I did that.
    so this is the ornage harness under the hood?

Comment

yup ...

Comment

Where can you tap the N safty switch to bypass it .
        2 wires i'm not sure where i should tap them to ..
        ???

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...post1922039905
        Last edited by 97pGT; January 16, 2005, 12:43 PM.
        N.E.P.O-"The Rebel"
        -2005 SRT-4 *305lb tq*
        -1998 Neon Stock:
        -1997 PGT Stacked:**SOLD**

Comment

Fortunately I am doing this swap as we speak, except my wioring harness was ripped apart and redesigned for a Mega squirt conversion by the famous ryan pzzzzz..

I will post pics as we proceed onwards with the klze swap and trannie swap, aloong with the MS install!
          Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

sounds good lots of pics are a great thing

Comment

I have a quick question...can the ATX tranny mounts be used for the mtx. The mtx tranny i have has the brackets but i don't have the monts, so can i just use my ATX ones on those brackets? Thanks.

Comment

no, wont fit ... just grab a set of AWR's ...

Comment

Good writeup, but beware

This is by far the most complete writeup on this I have ever seen. Just did it to my 96 SE, so all you 2.0 probers out there if you need any help on how to jump the wiring on the 95-97's let me know. One thing I gotta say, though, is without swapping ECU's and harnesses, the engine likes to go nuts. The idle will jump to around 1500 RPM because there is no torque converter resistance for it to overcome. And since the ECU thinks it's in park while you're actually driving, and there's no resistance, it is always trying to adjust the idle on you. Mine will shoot to 3,000 RPM one time then try to drop to 300 RPM at the next stop light. Gotta say, though, BIG performance gain I think. No more fluid transfers and 300 pound transmissions stealing my horsepower! I feel much safer knowing my transmission now uses gears and not chains like a 10-speed bicycle (CD4E is a chain driven ATX for those who don't know)

Comment

Hey I've got a 1993 MX-6 LS ATX and the motor is done for @ 214,000 miles.

I'm going to be sticking it in the garage and doing a big project. I want to take it from KL-03 (KLDE) to KLZE power and at the same time run an ATX>MTX swap... so I'm asking for any pointers that will help me do this... do I even have to unbolt the auto from my DE or can I pull them both out and put the new trans and motor in at the same time?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
                    Thanks!

Comment

After placing the stock clutch line underneath everything that sits on the driver side fender well (which all comes off in order to do it) I realized a big benefit to buying the stainless clutch line ... its flexible so everything could have stayed on there and I could have just routed the line easily.
                      FYI

-Jens

Comment

I am currently helping IcePGT go from an ATX to an MTX. Is it possible to just slide the ATX off when you unbolt it from the engine? Or do you have to unbolt the Torqe Converter first? Basically, what would keep the ATX from just comming off? THX!!!
                        '90 Nissan 300zx Z32 Twin Turbo, getting stuffed with an SBC 383 stroker

Comment

You can slide it off, but unbolting the TC will make it come off much easier.
                          Sandon Lettieri
                          1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
                          2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

anyone in south carolina done this before? Im gonna need help doing mine. I can do wonders with a motor, but im scared of a transmission.
                            PEARL GREEN 1994 PROBE GT SLAMMED ON 18 INCH MOTEGI RACING RIMS, SHAVED BODY, 2.5 TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND, FULL BLACK INTERIOR, WHITE GUAGES, WITH A KENWOOD SYSTEM WITH 12 SPEAKERS. PERFORMANCE MODS INCLUDE, MEGQSQURTED KLZE, PORT AND POLISH HEADS AND INTAKE, HOT SHOT HEADDERS AND COLD AIR INTAKE, WITH BORLA EXHAUST, LEVAL TEN TORQUE CONVERTER, AND A TRANSMISSION COOLER. ONLY 90 PERCENT MORE TO GO

Comment

so this walkthrough is for a second gen probe right? is there one for a first gen, would it be much different? I'd like to get a donor, but I'm having trouble finding a first gen probe lx with manual. Is the trans from the other trim levels the same, like if i get a GL as a donor car, will it bolt up fine? I won't be doing this project for a while, cause I'm leaving for boot camp soon, but afterwards I'd like to try it.

Comment

its going to take a bit of work... & pending how much you got done to your current car you may be better off going out on a limb and just looking for a nice lx (mtx) & save yourself the hassle of a swap if you dont really have too...

travel if you need too... as long as the car is worth it to you...

i know thats what ill be doing to my next car purchase... i will most likely travel anywhere to get the true car i want
                                Last edited by driftwood; August 9, 2007, 05:57 AM.
                                05 Lotus Elise
                                95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X