Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in SC want a set of FD rims with tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea man i inflated them to 40psi. just to be on the safe side incase they leaked air.

karma to whoever can help me figure out why my brakes went.

Comment

Can you be a little more specific on the brakes? Did the pedal go to the floor? Was the pedal firm but it wouldn't stop? Also, the rim holds the rotor flat to the hub so maybe if your wheels were wobblin' the rotor was doing the same?
      Dale's twenny18 Lineup:
      93 PGT - On the 20 year restoration plan

Comment

Originally posted by Eliza View Post
        Can you be a little more specific on the brakes? Did the pedal go to the floor? Was the pedal firm but it wouldn't stop? Also, the rim holds the rotor flat to the hub so maybe if your wheels were wobblin' the rotor was doing the same?
        given all the problems i still think the lugs are wrong. change those and then see whats up.

when you put them on try to shake them while it is still on jackstands...
        Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
          :thatswhyinolongertalktosummer:
          :nooneshould:
          Stephen Wilds #303
          PhotoPOC
          BMW 328i
          BMW Z4

Comment

Originally posted by supergoat View Post
            Ypu and Daylin both suck. You're also both lying about your apparent disdain for me, but I'll avoid the public callouts.
            ~SumR
            I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by supergoat View Post
              :peoplestilltalktosummer?: :howlate1990sisthat:

Comment

:welliwastoldtheproblem:

Originally posted by weaksauce
                I think i know why your brakes werent workin mang. Totally logical explanation. Notice when you take a wheel off that the brake rotor has freeplay. Well what probably happened is the lugnuts didnt have the right taper and even tho you snugged them up the wheel still had plenty of play (shaking). The loose wheel was forcing the rotor to push the brake piston back into the caliper. Loss of brakes until you pumped the pedal a few times to rebuild pressure. Im almost positive that thats your problem especially since youre trying to run FDs wih no spacers. Get spacers and extended lugnuts or KICS Project spacers (google search them, they are dope) and the correct taper lugnuts and you should have no problems. Ive dealt with FD wheels before so i know how they fit.
                ^holla

problem solved. going to get right lugnuts and spacers then try

Comment

Originally posted by thingsthatfly2 View Post
                  :welliwastoldtheproblem:

^holla

problem solved. going to get right lugnuts and spacers then try
                  too bad he is wrong. wonder what kind of 'dealings' he has had with fd rims. maybe he has seen some pictures on the internet. spacers have nothing to do with your problem. if the wheels fit on there without rubbing the struts, you don't have a spacer problem.

like i told you when you bought them... tapered lugnuts. thats it. you are trying to get enough pressure on an area to hold the rim centered by putting a flat bolt onto a tapered hole. | > is not going to seal very well. the wheels aren't drilled out for the exact size of the wheel studs so of course there is going to be play. that is what you were feeling. get tapered lugs so it forces the wheel to be 'aligned' with the hub and your problem will be solved. this has nothing to do with spacers.

oh. also. wheels don't hold rotors against caliper pistons, nor would they 'push brake pistons back into the caliper'. no matter how hard you do or do not put them on. the wheels hold the rotors to the wheel hub and the calipers float over the rotor. it would cause the rotor to just float around but both sides of the caliper would squeeze it regardless. might want to make sure the people you are getting your solutions from actually know what they are talking about...
                  Last edited by ShadowSE; October 26, 2008, 03:19 PM.

Comment

hey shadow do you know anyplaces on woodruff or around woodruff that turn rotors? it would ahve to be close since i would be riding my bike to get them there. but i dont wana pay a ton!

Originally posted by ShadowSE View Post
                    too bad he is wrong. wonder what kind of 'dealings' he has had with fd rims. maybe he has seen some pictures on the internet. spacers have nothing to do with your problem. if the wheels fit on there without rubbing the struts, you don't have a spacer problem.

like i told you when you bought them... tapered lugnuts. thats it.

oh. also. wheels don't hold rotors against caliper pistons, nor would they 'push brake pistons back into the caliper'. no matter how hard you do or do not put them on. the wheels hold the rotors to the wheel hub and the calipers float over the rotor. it would cause the rotor to just float around but both sides of the caliper would squeeze it regardless. might want to make sure the people you are getting your solutions from actually know what they are talking about...
                    word..

would u like to meet up for me to buy those spacers from you tonight? if not ill be over at that same bilo at like 8am tomorow.

ive had problems in the old towtruck with a front wheel bearing going bad and not having any brakes......
                    Last edited by thingsthatfly2; October 26, 2008, 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

not on woodruff. only place i really know of that still does that for people is pepboys on laurens.

like i said, if you want spacers, that's fine. but put the rims on there first. if they sit against the hub without rubbing the springs, and you can still turn full lock in the front, you don't need them and i wouldn't recommend them. i bet if you just put on some tapered lugs you would solve all your problems at once. i can bring em to you somewhere tonight too.

Comment

cool well i live off woodruff unless u wana meet somewhere.. i need them for the rear because the rears the tires just barely touch the strut.

Comment

i'm on the exact other side of town so lemme know if you can meet somewhere more in the middle, like pellham road or somethin

Comment

im about to go up to the meet up at circut city if u wana meet up for the parts there? just give me a call i pm'ed the # to you

Comment

you sure you know how to PM? haha. cuz i haven't got your # either time you have haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
                                Ypu and Daylin both suck. You're also both lying about your apparent disdain for me, but I'll avoid the public callouts.
                                :youaresadlymistaken:

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

Working...
                                X