Anyone left down here ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone left down here ?

Been driving /tinkering with the PGT a lot lately. Anyone left down here ? Wouldn't mind seeing another probe every now and then.

I am. Usually take it out on the weekends, but today noticed a couple of issues that may prevent that for a little while
    '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
    '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

What are you working on with your car ? Since mine was sitting a while I've had to do so many little things lately. Both window regulators , fuel lines that split , fog lights , headlights , and so on.

Comment

I've been having a squeak noise from the clutch pedal that sounds like it may be coming from under the hood too. So I figured I would go ahead and change the clutch slave and master cylinders (most likely) if I can't figure it being something else.

The clutch would barely stick once in a while and yesterday it actually stuck to the floor for the first time. So I figured it is either the clutch pedal linkage that could use a good greasing or the slave/master acting up (they've never been changed)
        '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

I remember having to change those years back and it was a pain. Do you have brake fluid leaking inside the cabin by the pedal ?

Comment

Haven't checked about the fluid leaking, not even sure if I am low.

I was remodeling my laundry room over the weekend and hoped in the car to run to Lowes and Home Depot and it was happening on the way home.

Once I finish with the remodel I'll have time to look into the fluid situation.

I was thinking the sticky pedal could just be the pedal assembly itself needing some grease on its joints, but when it stuck completely it made me think it was fluid related.

The pedal makes a noise like a creaking door hinge

Comment

Yea, crawl down there and have a look. There's a few adjustment nuts on the pedal that you can move around and see if it helps. When my clutch master went bad it was leaking fluid all over down there. Pedal had always made a little noise as well.

Comment

I was able to do a little investigating last night and I didn't see any fluid down by the pedal. Also wasn't really low on fluid at all, so maybe its in the early stages of failing. Btw, I've already got a stainless braided clutch line.

Had my wife working the pedal while I tracked down the noise and it turns out the squeak/creak noise is coming from the clutch slave cylinder.

Comment

You might get a little more life out if it if it's not leaking. It's such a pain to change out but if the pedal is getting stuck on the floor it's inevitable. I remember mine left me stuck and I had to drive home in 1st gear since I had no clutch. Let me know if you need a hand. Let's get these Probes together. Might be he only ones in Broward county.
                  Last edited by PGT1993; November 3, 2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Yeah I'd rather just replace them now and not chance anything. Plus that squeaking noise is bugging me.

I ordered the master and slave so I'll probably start working on them next week.

There's a clean black second gen in West of 75 in Pines, I saw him driving a couple months ago

Comment

Working...
                    X