Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Megatune/Firmware Upgrade Package (BETA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaodome View Post
    You can use this install for any version of MS1 and PCB varients, the big thing is the MSQs included won't work, so you'll have to drum up your own.
    what do you mean they won't work? what is different? what happens if I burn the setting to the ecu?????

Originally posted by dogruturk View Post
    That worked althout I have to do this every single time I want to start up Megatune. I can use it once, then next time I have to uninstall, delete, reinstall. I figure it must be a computer issue, but i have no idea where to start looking... It works first time install, but not after that without reinstalling.

And the error report, is well really really long...
    I really have no idea why it would do this. You can try to download Megatune the old fashion way and just replace the MSnSExtra ini file. Every time I've seen this it has been a windows problem though.
    same problems here, uninstalled everything, deleted folders, its the same thing it will open once, after that its a no go, there has to be something in the program itself that is looking for something and can find it first time around but not the second time around... Is it becasue its V2.2 with ms1?? and it seems to be a labtop only problem its winxp too

oh and my TPS will not callibrate with this software.....
    Supercharged 2.0 Ford Probe CarDomain

2k4 Mazda RX-8 GT, 9000rpms anyone?

Comment

the MSQs are setup for the stock KL Dual Trigger Nippon Denso system found across all the v6 years....

Did you install it to the standard directory?
      I believe in moderation and that includes moderation.
      92 Lexus SC300 - 780whp/700tq 36+ psi

Comment

the MSQs are setup for the stock KL Dual Trigger Nippon Denso system found across all the v6 years....

Did you install it to the standard directory?
        what about the na2.0?

yes standard Directory

Comment

well I got the download for 2.25p and it has settings for different firmware except 29k I like your formware becasue it has the approbiate easythirm temp readings, could I just use the files that you have made for sharing sensors upgrade the firmware then use easythrm to burn/flash your shared temp gauges? if so are they included to do that?

Comment

Every time I go to start a new project it configures it as megatune verson 2.25 is there a way to get it to start the new projects as the updated 3.0 version. I cleared all existing megetune files before installing Jordan's updated code.

Kyle
            Droz: All right, whaddya need? Bottle Rockets, dental dams, ready whips, term papers?

Comment

sounds like a regestry fail to uninstall,

I added a car2 folder in my MS directory so when I start it up it ask for which car, I pick one and it opens it seems to have fixed my problems

Comment

I'm trying to download this and get myself on the same page as everyone else. The whole firmware/software revision thing has me confused.

When I try to "Reburn Firmware" I wind up getting the message This should count up to 1700+ lines. src\download.exe -c1 msns-extra.s19
                MS Download 1.10
                Download failed:
                Expected response "
                Boot>",
                but recieved this "".
                Press any key to continue...

I press any key and the program shuts down. Can anybody get me straightened out and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have a MS-II,V3.0.
                Adam Kirkpatrick
                1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
                2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
                1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

Originally posted by UnorthodoxCreat View Post
                  I'm trying to download this and get myself on the same page as everyone else. The whole firmware/software revision thing has me confused.

When I try to "Reburn Firmware" I wind up getting the message This should count up to 1700+ lines. src\download.exe -c1 msns-extra.s19
                  MS Download 1.10
                  Download failed:
                  Expected response "
                  Boot>",
                  but recieved this "".
                  Press any key to continue...

I press any key and the program shuts down. Can anybody get me straightened out and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have a MS-II,V3.0.
                  When it asks if upgrading from Standard code say NO if you have MS Extra flashed already. In addition the power needs to be ON in the Megasquirt.

If you still can't get it to work, install the boot jumper and when it asks if upgrading from standard, say yes.
                  I believe in moderation and that includes moderation.
                  92 Lexus SC300 - 780whp/700tq 36+ psi

Comment

I've tried both ways and get the same result. Power is on. I believe I succeeded in getting Extra loaded on from MS site. Now I can't get the thing to communicate with MegaTune.
                    Adam Kirkpatrick
                    1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
                    2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
                    1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

Im having the same issue. Just cannot get the unit to communicate with my computer

Comment

Originally posted by 2point5 View Post
                        Im having the same issue. Just cannot get the unit to communicate with my computer
                        What firmware do you have loaded? Also, are you using a USB adapter?
                        Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
                        My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
                          What firmware do you have loaded? Also, are you using a USB adapter?
                          Im not sure what the firmware is. I would guess its whatever shaodome put on it for the BB#5. I am trying to load the update that he has in the sticky that will allow me to use my aem wideband with megasquirt. Like in my other post it could be that i need to use the boot jumper. And yes I am using a USB adaptor, with the prolific driver which is the same driver shaodome put on the disk. I also tried port check from your site and its got an open port in COM4 which is were my cable is connected to.
                          Last edited by mx3autozam; February 4, 2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X