Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > General > Knowledge Base

Knowledge Base How-to's, Product Reviews, and other info

January 31st, 2014, 06:43 PM   #1
mistert41

: Oct 2013
: Thousand Oaks, CA
: 17
Nasty Heating & A/C Issues

Add anything about A/C & Heating you feel is helpful or interesting.

I fired my mechanic today. Three weeks and the a/c still isn't working. Found an a/c shop in the San Fernando Valley that installed a/c units in new Ford Probes for the Valley Ford dealers for pretty much the entire production run is my understanding... Did a brisk business servicing them for years... and still hears from guys like us a few times a year.

AIRMEC
10217 Canoga Ave, Chatsworth, CA 91311
(818) 341-7077
For service ask for Morgan

For parts....http://airpartsonline.com

Larry T
Thousand Oaks, CA

July 30th, 2014, 09:04 PM   #2
mistert41

: Oct 2013
: Thousand Oaks, CA
: 17
Bought another 89PGT awhile back... Taking it to AIRMEC next week. They really know their stuff.

Larry T

July 31st, 2014, 10:33 PM   #3
partch
PT Regular

: Mar 2013
: st paul mn
: 555
Question im from minnesota. My probe had a/c delete, tubes cut at the fire wall, I didnt do it my self it was that way when I bought the car. How much money possibly an what all do I need to re add ac. I thought id never want a/c but **** some times I just wanna drive at night with the tinted windows up lol. 94 probe

August 1st, 2014, 11:01 AM   #4
zerialz
PT Regular

: Sep 2012
: Las Vegas
: 687
I just went through this minus the lines being actually cut..
In your case you'll need the
Lines under the dash
Low pressure/High pressure lines in the bay
Accumulator
Condenser
Compressor
Compressor oil
R134A
Professional Evacuation for efficiency
24mm and 22mm wrenches for double wrenching the male and female lines
10 mm wrench for the compressor mounting bolts and the lines at the compressor

If you're buying new equipment it'll probably cost you $1000 in parts alone
If your lines going through the firewall are actually damaged and you get this professionally installed plan on spending at least the value of the car to re-add AC.

I fortunately was lucky enough to find a local who wanted to delete his AC to add a supercharger to his k8 so I picked up everything I needed for $100 and added the components myself.. I was blowing cold air in about an hour

August 1st, 2014, 12:24 PM   #5
partch
PT Regular

: Mar 2013
: st paul mn
: 555
Yep I can manage the heat an sweat some fat off of my self lol. I just went to snapon today... well you can guess how that went haha but thank you for this info I took a screen shot incase I truly change my mind

August 1st, 2014, 01:58 PM   #6
zerialz
PT Regular

If I lived in MN I wouldn't have bothered with AC... I live in Las Vegas though and my car is a dark color... You can see why AC was a must for me..

August 9th, 2014, 07:53 AM   #7
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

: Sep 2004
: pwning the crap out of supersquid in Unreal Tournament
: 34
: 14,819
Just re-did the AC on my base......IIRC the nuts on the compressor for the lines are 12mm or 14mm, of course I stole mine from a 626

Be sure to use new seals on your lines, vacuum the system for a half hour to get all the moisture out. AC is incredibly simple once you learn what you're doing and how refrigeration works.

I live in Florida it's been 95 the past few days with a heat index of well over 100 and 500% humidity and even though it looks like someone got murdered under my car from all the condensation it's 68 inside the car.

Feelsgoodman

93' PGT 174k, MS2PNP, Innovate LC2, ported G4 mani, Hotshot headers, Greddy SP2, Mazda6 BBK on EBC Yellowstuff, SS brakelines, 626 swaybar, Alpine, RPF1s
91' PLX MTX 255k. 2.5" into a Flowmaster 40

August 9th, 2014, 08:59 AM   #8
zerialz
PT Regular

They were 10mm on mine.. But I have a k8.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

I assume it was the same since the compressor is the same for all k series..

« | »

thread
heating/coolant issues/ advice? stevie_fresh 2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L 5 February 23rd, 2012 05:10 PM
Home Heating issues UBSTANKN Probe Lounge 2 August 22nd, 2008 09:23 AM
over heating issues SA::shaggy 2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L 7 July 30th, 2007 11:22 PM
heating...lack of heating marcin 1st Gen (89-92) All 2 March 11th, 2003 08:58 AM

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.