X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Child Left Behind should be called 'All Children Left Behind'

http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/03....ap/index.html

"The Lincoln School District dropped the bee initially because of concerns that it was damaging to children who lost and it did not meet the goals of the federal No Child Left Behind Act."

We need to get the hippie homos out of our schools.

NCLB should have been left behind

I hate stupid legislation.

And for the record, I'd have been a spelling bee champ if I didn't stutter on my last word; parsec. (Stupid douches heard a second c when spelling it...) Sorry... ramble... That was 8th grade though, so nyeh.

Comment

a word of friendly advice: a car forum is a terrible place to bring up this like politics and religion. 99% of the people on here have zero knowledge of either but with a simple internet search can misinterpret information and think they know what they're talking about.

Comment

Another word of friendly advice: Stfu n00b.

Have you even read half the posts here? (That wasnt so much an insult as a wtf are you thinking?)

Comment

But that's lakerfans yet another bullshit thread bashing the system.
          I swear all he does is make threads like this!!!
          Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

It's not bashing the system, it's sharing an opinion on a system that's full of bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by 95PGTTech
              a word of friendly advice: a car forum is a terrible place to bring up this like politics and religion. 99% of the people on here have zero knowledge of either but with a simple internet search can misinterpret information and think they know what they're talking about.
              Another word of friendly advice: change your signature. 5 lines max at 800x600 resolution. This is the second time I've had to tell you.

I agree with Aran, the NCLB stuff is total bullshit. Like educational Welfare or something.

-phreak
              Official: KYPO - LexPOC :: Honorary: TNPOC - NYPOC - NEPO / NPA! - OHIO PROBES
              Major Meets Attended: MM7 - TNPOC/KYPO 2K4 - HH2K5 - OCMD2K5 - MM8 - StM2006 - HH2K6
              Yeah, I'm still alive...

Comment

The system isnt full of shit, it's just people take the system for granted and expect the world to come to their lazy fat asses. They dont vote on issues that they are for or against but rather sit in a corner, behind a keyboard and complain. Unfortunately those people that did vote for those issues outweighed those that voted against threm. So who'se fault is it?

The people who care enough to vote or the people who didnt bother to vote against it or make thier dis-approval known. As much as I think the spelling bee is a good thing, kids now a days are downright stupid. They dont want to learn of study shit but watch mtv videos and speak ebonics.

The education have gone to shit due to poor teachers, in both salaries and caring as well as to parents who dont push their children to progress!

95PGTech: please change the sig or it will be removed for you!
                Last edited by CrimSon_ReD; March 16, 2005, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Holy Shit! Crimson_Red has picked up the Frank disease! Ramble with nothing backing it!

Do you even know what NCLB is? Or why it's wrong?

It tries to put everyone on an even point and teach everyone the same, despite people being different, and learning at different rates.

It doesn't just leave people behind, it could ruin their ability to learn for life.

Comment

I like the fact that lakersfan1 makes fun of hippies. He could create tons of political threads and it wouldn't bother me as long as hippies are made fun of.

On a side note:

One of my favorite passtimes is checking out local record shops and setting up granola bar snare traps. You can imagine the over whelming fear in their eyes as I present them with a bar of soap and a bucket of water. Fun stuff.

Help out the world and bath a hippie!
                    0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13

Comment

Originally posted by CrimSon_ReD
                      But that's lakerfans yet another bullshit thread bashing the system.
                      I swear all he does is make threads like this!!!
                      Yet another post of Crimson's complaining about me.

If you have an intelligent rebuttal, great. That's what most of my threads are intended for. To generate debate. Sometimes intelligent, sometimes otherwise. Just stop the complaining. You don't like me. Great. We get it. Put it in your sig if you like. Give it a rest now.

Edit: See, like your last post above. Not really to the point of the NCLB, but at least you proved you've got a pulse. I vote every election, but I don't think NCLB was left to the voters, but rather legislators.
                      Last edited by lakersfan1; March 16, 2005, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersfan1
                        Yet another post of Crimson's complaining about me.

If you have an intelligent rebuttal, great. That's what most of my threads are intended for. To generate debate. Sometimes intelligent, sometimes otherwise. Just stop the complaining. You don't like me. Great. We get it. Put it in your sig if you like. Give it a rest now.

Nah im just merely pointing out the fact, that 90% of your thread are about complaining about either something to do with the government or some anti bush crap. I dont personally know you enough not to like you. Mere words on a forum doesnt make decisions for me on who to like or not like. So no need for sig additions. But bare in mind this is a forum about cars not a political soapbox to stand on. Yes this is the lounge were anything goes.....

But as 95pgtech stated, it really isnt the most important topic to us in probetalk. By tommorrow the topic like all others of such nature will start to diminish and fade. Maybe you can find other forums that will grant you the great debate you seek, but dont expect people here to care enough about it.

aran: dont ever compare me to Frank you fooker!
                        Last edited by CrimSon_ReD; March 16, 2005, 10:04 AM.

Comment

But as 95pgtech stated, it really isnt the most important topic to us in probetalk. By tommorrow the topic like all others of such nature will start to diminish and fade. Maybe you can find other forums that will grant you the great debate you seek.
                          If education is unimportant to the people of PT, then .......... well, OK, there's some bad typing on here. But I think anybody can comment on the education system. Debate on a Off Topic forum? Holy crap! What the hell is the Off Topic forum for then?

Comment

I agree with you on that one...
                            Holy Shit I agree with Lakersfan!??

Excuse me while I put my head in the oven!

Comment

aran: dont ever compare me to Frank you fooker!
                              If the shoe fits.

Comment

Working...
                              X