Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > General > Knowledge Base > How-To

How-To Post, read, and discuss 'How-to' guides for all years of Probes.

March 19th, 2015, 07:01 PM   #1
kyloslandry

: Mar 2015
: 14
Interior car repair

-is what I do for work.
I have fixed $90,000 Lexus SUV's to $300 wholesale cars.

There may be enough instructional youtube videos out there, I have never checked.
But if anyone would like some advice when it comes to leather, headliner, plastic panel, fabric or carpet repair, I would be glad to let you know what you need to do to fix it. Some things are beyond repair, but if they can be, I will try and help.

March 20th, 2015, 05:44 AM   #2
Greg 94 PGT
Five Star Member

: Feb 2000
: Hollywood, FL. USA
: 44
: 4,848
It's not about a car interior, but it is leather related

Since you are offering advice and one of my dog's scratched the s%*t out of my leather rocking chair yesterday I could use some info on dog scratches on leather.

They are not deep scratches, just surface marks that took away the top layer of the leather.

Mainly don't want the damage to get worse over time, but if they can be repaired/restored even better.

'04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?"

379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

March 21st, 2015, 06:00 PM   #3
kyloslandry

Those type of scratches do not usually worsen over time, so I would not worry about that part of it.
I could send you the stuff to fix it, at the cost of shipping..if you would like.

Is it a natural leather color or painted?

March 23rd, 2015, 04:58 AM   #4
Greg 94 PGT
Five Star Member

: Feb 2000
: Hollywood, FL. USA
: 44
: 4,848
It's a dark brown color

Yeah I wasn't sure if they would get worse or not. As I said it seems that they are just surface scratches.

What would this stuff do?

What is the application process like?

'04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?"

379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

April 23rd, 2015, 01:08 PM   #5
kyloslandry

depends on the color

if it is a custom mix, you would have to buy a small aerosol sprayer

if it a color that is close to a premix, I can send you the color code and you could buy/order a can at a paint shop

if you post a pic, I could probably let you know which would be best

« | »

thread
Interior Door panel repair probety Appearance Section 18 September 12th, 2010 06:12 PM
Repair place or help with repair gt94 Bay Area Probe Owners Club 4 November 4th, 2008 10:39 PM
Interior Hard Plastic Repair Question FattyArbuckle Appearance Section 1 October 25th, 2007 01:42 PM
Shop repair manual and other repair books for our probes :) raf2379 1st Gen (89-92) All 1 October 7th, 2003 11:19 PM
Interior trim repair Probeowner83 2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L 6 June 28th, 2001 05:35 PM

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.