X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSPNP On Demand: Help us make a MSPNP for '93-'95 Probe / MX6 V6 models

This is a pilot for our new MSPNP On Demand program:

http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/mspnp_on_demand.htm

We need at least 10 ECU pre-orders and at least 1 test car that we can borrow for about 2 months for this to happen. The test car needs to be in very good shape - no leaks (including oil into the spark plug tubes in the valve covers), no overheating, no cut up wiring harness, and running on the stock ECU. Preferably stock, mild NA buildup, or an Improved Touring type race car.

This one is for '93-'95 Probe, MX-6, and 626 models with either the KLDE or KLZE. It'll also fit some of the V6 MX-3 models, need to determine the year range on them. Manual transmission only, at least for the first round. It's possible we may try adding automatic support to a later version once the manual transmission ones are out.

Edited to add: If we can get a '90-'92 F2T test mule, we'll be able to get these cars covered too, on the same bulk buy! Again, manual transmission only, and the test mule needs to be in top condition.

Ok. So what is the MSPNP? It is a tunable ECU that replaces the stock one. You can see its general feature list here:

http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/mspnp_features.htm

On this one, fuelling is going to be 2 channel bank to bank, and it will control both VRIS solenoids and run the stock fans. You'll also be able to convert to coil pack ignition using the stock sensors, listen to your knock sensor through headphones, and more. You can also use this to delete your vane air flow meter.

Cost: $699, which is $100 off retail price. $300 must be paid up front once we start the project at the end of the group buy, $399 on shipping. This price does not include shipping. We charge actual cost for shipping, and shipping insurance is $9.10 (a little more if other items are added to the order). The $300 deposit is not refundable, unless we are unable to deliver an MSPNP in a timely manner. If we can't get the MSPNP out withing 2 months for any reason other than problems with the test car, you'll get your money back (and we'll do our best not to let test car issues hold this up).

Quantity available: We need AT LEAST 10 pre-ordered to make this happen. Maximum number of people who can pre-order and get this special pricing is 20.

Once the test car arrives, we estimate it will take about 2 months before the new MSPNPs are complete and ready to ship. It is possible that mechanical failure may delay this if the test car breaks down, so I want to re-iterate that this car has to be in good shape. If you don't feel comfortable using the car as a daily driver (or entering it in an 8 hour endurance race, if it's not street legal), it's probably not a good candidate.

We take credit cards, PayPal, checks, or money orders.

In keeping with the ProbeTalk bulk buy rules, this one is open for 1 month, so the cutoff date to sign up is March 1st.
    Last edited by Matt Cramer; February 16, 2012, 07:36 AM.
    Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
    My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

I will use this follow up post to keep track of the master list of who's in.

Test car: Currently Jarod7920 has volunteered, but it's a bit of a long drive for him.

We need at least one person to lend us one one for this to proceed.
    That person will get their own personal dyno tuned map optimized for their engine. It will need to be brought to our shop in the Atlanta area, and we'll need it for about 2 months. If we can locate a test car already in the area, that would be great.

Buyers so far:

PrinceValorum (Paid)
    Lewis7789 (Paid)
    Jarod7920 (Test car)
    JazRedGT (Paid)
    whomikejoness (Paid)
    richtq (Paid)
    Hex7E (Paid)
    Zepticon (Paid)
    mardarati (Paid)
    shqs89gt
    ademan ('90-'92) (Paid)
    white94gt (Paid)
    blac_shine007 (Paid)
    projectB10 (Paid)

Ok, we now have 10 people signed up, and more than the 10 deposits we needed! We are now taking deposits through our online store, for those who still wish to get in on group buy pricing.

Updated note - to help us keep the orders straight, please include the following info in the Comments field when you place the order.

- A link to this thread
    - Your screen name
    - Which MSPNP model you want

Just realized these will be a big help in keeping track of this.
    Last edited by Matt Cramer; April 20, 2012, 06:05 AM. Reason: This is officially on!
    Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
    My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

I am interested and also said i could lend my 94 for testing.
      -J-Rod-
      301whp 293wtq 9.5psi 14 degrees back under the knife (high compression & spray)
      93 PGT-T
      96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
      08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah

Comment

My anonymous friend is Prince Valorum.

ps- Jarod. THANK YOU for offering your PGT. That really means a lot, mate.
        1993 MX6 LS

Comment

I'm in for this buy.
          1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

Depending on salary situation, i will most probably be up for one in a month or two!
            I hope someone with a good condition ZE is willing to lend their car for this

Also, does the testcars keep the "test" ECU and map after the testing? im sure that would make people more willing to part with their car for two months
            Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
            Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

Wow

It would be so awesome to see a PNP system come out for the probe gt. especially if it is affordable. I'm going to try and get a probe this summer and I would definately be in for buying one, given it is reasonable...

Comment

Originally posted by Zepticon View Post
                Depending on salary situation, i will most probably be up for one in a month or two!
                I hope someone with a good condition ZE is willing to lend their car for this

Also, does the testcars keep the "test" ECU and map after the testing? im sure that would make people more willing to part with their car for two months
                Yes, we can get a bit of a special deal for whoever brings the test car by our shop.
                Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

i would be in for 2 and test cars but my 95 is an atx, and my 94 mtx is a dehybrid
                  95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
                  94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
                  93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
                  97&94&93 PGT gone
                  DALE

Comment

Originally posted by daweb View Post
                    i would be in for 2 and test cars but my 95 is an atx, and my 94 mtx is a dehybrid
                    Could you go into more detail on the DE hybrid?
                    Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

De bottom end colt 210 cams port matched & polished g4 heads p&p ze straightneck im and 65mm tb
                      95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
                      94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
                      93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
                      97&94&93 PGT gone
                      DALE

Comment

That should work fine with an MSPNP - should i put you down for one?
                        Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

I need to get one but I have a 97 so I'm out. I'm putting it together right now. It's a DE bottom ZE top with new valves (DE springs) Colt Tri-Flow S/C cam's, Mill S Inj'....ect. I've thought about buying the MSNS3 and building it but not sure yet.
                          REVOLUTION IS A BEAST THAT LIVES WITHIN OUR SOULS, A BEAST THAT IS THE ESSENCE OF HUMAN LOVE, BORN FROM THE MOLDS OF TRUTH, REASON, AND JUSTICE. DEHUMANIZED INSTITUTIONS HOLD THE POWER TO DECEIVE THE BEAST, PLACEING IT IN A WORLD WHERE IT'S SENSES DO NOT FUNCTION. IT IS DELIBERATELY BLINDED AND DEAFENED BY A VEIL OF IGNORANCE. UNTIL IT FALLS INTO A DEEP SLUMBER. THIS IS AN ERA RULED BY CORRUPTION, DECEPTION, AND INJUSTINCE. IF THE BEAST IS NOT AWAKEND, THE DESTRUCTION OF HUMANITY IS INEVITABLE.

Comment

put me down for one !
                            1996 GT Daily driver - Gone

1994 PGT. soon to be boosted

2001 Yamaha R6

Comment

Richtq hasnt chimed in yet? I figured he would want 1 or maybe even 2.
                              1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information