93 PGT vs. 93 Subaru SVX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 PGT vs. 93 Subaru SVX

I am sitting at a set of lights minding my own business, and up pulls a bright yellow SVX. This is a rare site for little PEI. It is the only one in the province. Anyway, the guys attitude made me think that he wasn't going to go, but the light turned green and he matted it. Meanwhile, I saw the light turn green and wanted to see if he wanted to go before I matted my ATX. After I saw him take off about half way through the intersection, I decided to try to at least keep up with him since he already had 2+ car lengths on me. I didn't. I knew they were somewhat fast, but also really heavy.

At the next set of lights, I pulled up on it. Their pass window was down, so I yell over, "do I have a chance?", he says, "I don't think so." really snobby. Oh, yeah, it's on! We take off from the lights. I have 1.5 car lengths through first, and through second. I pulled in his lane in front of him easily as my lane ended.We let off at about 130km/h.
    I was very inpressed as I have yet to get a tranny cooler or do the IAT mod yet. 215k kilometers and going strong.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++

I miss my modded PGT with big wheels.
    www.cardomain.com/id/peiprobe

Good kill, I don't know why those cars ever sold, they were slow for the price

Comment

A weird little car in a weird little place. :smile:

Good kill.
      Transportation = Recreation

2008 Aprilia Shiver: Carved from pure sex
      1996 PGT-Tze: ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 24" FMIC, Fidanza, Clutchmasters Stage III, Megasquirt'n'Spark, AEM Wideband
      1993 MX-6 LS: Bone stock, pimped out with leather and 2 stereos
      2005 Australian Shepherd: Named "Turbo," missing testicle weight reduction, no other mods planned

Comment

Nice one, i think any kill against a subaru aint bad. just dont mention it was a svt, maybe people would think it was a wrx lol
        http://64.226.64.239/images/%5BH%5Da...udeLewVTEC.jpg

93 Prelude Si
        i/e/h
        ZEX 50 shot
        Shogun body kit

Comment

i don't know, i drove a SVX and a very fast 93 PGT ATX (namely Howlett's) i would have to have been there i guess. im not saying Howlett's PGT couldn't have beaten that SVX. i just think a ATX PGt would haveto very much like Howlett's to do so. But then again i have been wrong in the past. What do you think Mike?

Comment

On Wednesday October 10, 2001 7:03 PM, SilverZX3 wrote:
            i don't know, i drove a SVX and a very fast 93 PGT ATX (namely Howlett's) i would have to have been there i guess. im not saying Howlett's PGT couldn't have beaten that SVX. i just think a ATX PGt would haveto very much like Howlett's to do so. But then again i have been wrong in the past. What do you think Mike?
            I dunno man, I've never driven an SVX before so its hard to say. I think based on the numbers (more weight but far more hp plus awd for the SVX) the SVX would definitely take the PGTa in stock form. It would take significant modifications for it to keep up. They both have the same 4EAT tranny in them which is interesting, but the v6 subaru produces way more power than the v6 probe.
            1993 Ford Probe GT - KLDE + N2O
            228 whp 241 wtq - 2340 lb race weight
            ATX - 13.44@105.1 MTX - 13.35@106.1

Comment

Heavy car + AWD = not so hot. AWD soaks up HP as does weight. But then again, ATX PGTs are 17sec slugs...
              Hmmmmmm
              The probe is gone But its soul lives on....
              In a 71 240Z

Comment

17 sec slugs huh? well i ran a 15.8 @88mph with a timeslip to prove it with very little mods and a full stereo sysem and interior so bite me hahaa

Comment

Geee a little touchy arn't we...
                  Sorry, that just what I have seen out of all the ATX PGTs I have seen...
                  There this one AXT PGT where I live, he gets smoked by Civic EXs, I used to smoke in my 3.0l atx probe (before I took it to the next level).

Settle down, the war hasn't started yet...
                  The probe is gone But its soul lives on....
                  In a 71 240Z

Comment

Working...
                  X