Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 89 LX has 6.5 fronts and rears. i have the amp under the seat but i have no clue if i have the sub. where would i find it?
    1989 Probe LX Blue on Blue
    BCPOC.ca
    Starburst

Comment

• when you say rear do you mean in the back seat on the sides that point diagonally ? Cus I had to go with 4" speakers I think. You have to remove the whole side piece and they mount by the armrests. If you dont have those hooked up you need to!!! Because the sound that resonates from my car is unfreakinreal. I had the same system basically in my rx7 (minus the 4" memphis speakers) and it sounded like shit compared to what the probe sounds like!!! The sound dynamics of the probe are like none other!! It is better than a live concert.
      i have eclipse deck with 2 amps.
      a 500 watt memphis mono amp for my 10" memphis mojo which pounds
      a phoenix gold 4 channel amp for the 4 memphis speakers (highs and mids)

All I gotta say about systems is if you want crystal clear sound with little to no skipping you gotta get an eclipse. Once i bought one, I wont buy anything else.

Same is true for the memphis mojos!!! I replaced 2 rockford fosgate 12's in aubuchon box for 1 10" memphis and I get way more bump!!!

Once you go memphis you never go back!!! lol

Comment

• These stats help ill have to write it down when i decide to tackle my stereo system ill need a bit a luck since i have to start from complete scratch.. FML but ill manage. >.<;

Comment

• 95 GT. Does anyone know if you can add an OEM subwoofer to an otherwise stock system? I pulled all the trim tonight (wasn't hard since the PO didn't put a single clip back in) and I noticed the driver side wiring harness has the plug for the sub amp ( but no amp) and there is an unused plug back where the sub should be. My trim does not have a cutout or grille where the sub goes but that's no biggie.

Also where does everyone mount their aftermarket amps? I have one on the back of each fold down seat but I'd rather hide them.

Comment

• If you dont mind a bit of drilling. I put mine next to the subs in the trunk, mounted on the side wall of the trunk. It kept the amp steady and having it be in the trunk helps with airing it out a bit. Except for the summer time, can't really avoid that kind of heat >.<

Comment

• My SE had premium sound and a factory sub in the trunk but the gt I have now doesn't have the sub but does have premium sound wires behind the radio...is there wires to just plug a sub right up or would it require splicing and stuff?

Comment

• You would need the factory subwoofer amp for the sub to work which is located behind the passenger side panel.
                PaTricK
                ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

• If it has premium sound does that mean the sub amp is already there even if it didn't come with the sub?

Comment

• Nope. They wouldnt waste the money on installing a amp they werent using.
                    PaTricK
                    ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Working...
                    X