equalizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• equalizer

alright guys i have a 93 gt. the car came with an aftermarket deck and the stock equalizer is there any deck that i could hook this thing up to and if not can i just take it out and put in a storage din? i was also wondering if the navigation deal out of the same year explorer might some how work in the car.

You can hook a factory head unit to it.

Frankly the stock equalizer is pretty cheesy. It's late eighties technology and if you have anything resembling a modern headunit now, it will probably do little more for you than introduce more noise into the signal. Personally I would scrap it and put in the storage cubby.

'93 Explorers had Navigation? Didn't know that. If so, you could probably make it work. How much time and spare cash do you have?
    I used to own a bunch of PGTs.......Now I don't

Comment

well my buddy had an explorer not sure the year but i know it had a navigation system in relatively the same spot...i would rather have the cubby since the swap wouldnt really be all that worth it.

Comment

I picked up the factory EQ to use with my Alpine in my '93 2.0.

I tried all sorts of wiring hookups, but just couldn't get it to work. It may be possible to hook the EQ up to an after market radio, but it's not simple. I'd love to have made it work. Personally, I think it's a nice unit.

The storage bin will screw right in.

Comment

If your AF deck has RCA's then its not real hard to get the spectrum analyzer part of the EQ working. I love mine, dont think its cheesy at all, its a shame it was only in the 93-94's

Comment

I love my EQ that I got from a MX-6 GT, got the 5 presets and 4 personal ones.

Comment

Boo

Have you been able to get the EQ to output sound from a non factory radio?

If so, how? I couldn't get it to work when hooked up to the RCAs or the speaker output.

Comment

The way mine is set up, only the spectrum analyzer works, it doesnt alter the sound in any way. The instructions I used say that if an external amp is used then you can get it to control the sound. If you want the instructions and diagrams I have PM me your email addy.

Comment

Working...
                X