Keyless entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless entry

Ok i just got my 96 PGT. It had an aftermarket alarm installed...I pulled it out becuse it was junk. But my exterior door locks do not work. The car is at my friend's(tdogg527) house and we will bechecking tonight to see if it has factory keyless entry. If it does not how would we go about putting in the factory keyless?

Thanks
    1996 Rio Red Probe GT
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport lifted 3" with 31's

there should be a module in the trunk area on the right side behind the panels. if you have a factory keyless FOB you should be able to jump that module and then go through the programing procedure
    My '97 GTS in its prime
    New GTS Stripped and gutted rebuild from ground up.
    2000 Explorer XLS 2 inch lift 32 inch BFG's My Wifes Daily

Comment

right that is what we are looking for tonight. I am just trying to figure out at this point if it would be a pain to install the factory keyless entry on a car that didnt come with it.
      1996 Rio Red Probe GT
      2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport lifted 3" with 31's

Comment

I just did this exact thing yesterday. It' hiding behind the panel holding the R.R. speaker.
        If your getting it from another car then cut the harness a few feet to be able wire it up to the door lock relay. Dont forget the antenna, it routes up to the C pillar. I only had to hook up 4 wires.

Power and ign together
        GND
        lock/unlock output which is gn/blk

I hooked this up to the factory door lock relay located in the pass right kick panel.
        1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
        1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
        2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
        2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
        1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Originally posted by dukes193 View Post
          there should be a module in the trunk area on the right side behind the panels. if you have a factory keyless FOB you should be able to jump that module and then go through the programing procedure
          Tell me more about this programming procedure, the car I did yesterday was missing the remote so he needs to buy some from ebay now.

Comment

NOTE: When programming a new TIC into the electronic doorlock control processor, the TIC of the existing keyless entry remote transmitter is erased. Therefore, both the new and the existing TIC must be programmed into the electronic door lock control processor at the same time.
            Each TIC can be programmed into the electronic door lock control processor be performing the following procedure:
            1. Remove the RH luggage compartment side cover (45422). Refer to Section 01-05.
            2. Connect the battery ground cable (14301)(edit: this is assuming you've disconnected it).
            3. Turn the ignition switch to the ON or ACC position.
            NOTE: After connecting the two program inputs together, the electronic door lock control processor will lock and unlock the front doors to indicate it is ready to accept a new TIC.
            4. Using a jumper wire, connect the two program inputs together momentarily.
            (insert picture of the connector here with a BL/W wire and a BL/GN wire)
            NOTE: To indicate that it has accepted a new TIC, the electronic door lock control processor will lock and unlock the front doors.
            5. Press any button on the keyless entry remote transmitter to store the TIC into the electronic door lock control processor memory.
            NOTE: To indicate it has stored the new TIC into its memory, the electronic door lock control processor will lock and unlock the front doors again when the key is turned OFF.
            6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
            7. Disconnect the battery ground cable if doing other electrical work
            8. Install the RH luggage compartment side cover. Refer to Section 01-05
            My '97 GTS in its prime

Comment

NOTE: When programming a new TIC into the electronic doorlock control processor, the TIC of the existing keyless entry remote transmitter is erased. Therefore, both the new and the existing TIC must be programmed into the electronic door lock control processor at the same time.
              Each TIC can be programmed into the electronic door lock control processor be performing the following procedure:
              1. Remove the RH luggage compartment side cover (45422). Refer to Section 01-05.
              2. Connect the battery ground cable (14301)(edit: this is assuming you've disconnected it).
              NOTE: After connecting the two program inputs together, the electronic door lock control processor will lock and unlock the front doors to indicate it is ready to accept a new TIC.
              NOTE: To indicate that it has accepted a new TIC, the electronic door lock control processor will lock and unlock the front doors.
              5. Press any button on the keyless entry remote transmitter to store the TIC into the electronic door lock control processor memory.
              NOTE: To indicate it has stored the new TIC into its memory, the electronic door lock control processor will lock and unlock the front doors again when the key is turned OFF.
              So in simple terms, jump the 2 wires with key on and press the buttons. That's too easy. Thanks.

Comment

yep pretty much LOL i thought it was a series of crap i had to do when i did mine LOL.
                My '97 GTS in its prime

Comment

mac if by any chance do you have pics of the stuff you needed to add in the keyless entry?

Comment

No, it's just next to the R.R. speaker, 10mm wrench to remove the 4 nuts holding it on. THen you remvoe the 6 clips holding on the R. C-pillar and remove the Antenna that looks like a big straw. I did it on a different car over the weekend. I pulled it from a parts car and mounted it on the right side of the glove box behind the removable panel where the door touches the dash board.
                    Last edited by mac1; October 19, 2010, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Well I just tried it and it worked. Turn key on, find program connector by the power antenna motor and momentarily jumpered the wires, door locks activate and then I press the button, turn key off and you will get a door lock confirmation. All is good.

Comment

im saying what parts do i need from a parts car other tahn the "black box" by the rear right speaker and the key fobs.

Comment

all you need is the black box and the antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                            all you need is the black box and the antenna.
                            as long as you already have power door locks. I transferred the whole kit and kaboodle into my old '93 Rio red PGT. It had manual windows and door locks to begin with. I had to add the door's wiring harness, the power door lock mechanism, the power door lock relay, the remote keyless entry module and antenna and it's wiring harnesses AND the extra wiring under the carpet. At the time I had the extra time to take my interior completely apart. Worked like a charm.
                            Registered Probetalk Member #392.
                            Co-founder of ALPOC. Formerly had '93 Rio Red GT, PRD STS-99, Bosch H4 lamps, Borla, Pilot 1055-c driving lamps. IT'S CRUNCHY!
                            '93 Teal PGT. '94 black PSE. '91 PLX, 300k+ miles.

Comment

Very sorry for this old post reply ... do you have a pic showing # 4 above, the connector, somewhere?

Comment

Working...
                              X