MSD ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSD ignition

Since replacing the original equipment starter, 100A main fuse & battery to solve my battery reserve problem, other things are springing up. At some 139,000 miles, it seems to be..." needy" once again. So I went to Summit's website & looked up the MSD 6AL ignition box. Being $245.95, I decided to try applying for the Summit credit card. Got approved for $500, so that'll work! The original equipment ignition is shorting more frequently, & acceleration is suffering once more. So I used my new card to order the box I've been wanting since I bought the car at Mullinax Ford from the " Bull Pen", as they call it at dealers. I hope it solves some problems before snow falls...

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Well, it came in about 10:30 this morning. Boy, was that fast! Lots of wires with connectors on the other end that plug into the unit. Then a separate small bag with more little wires, connectors, etc, besides the screws, shock mounts & what looks like a small wrench? Now if I could just find the drill back charger, I could drill the holes for the shock mounts. I can't find the loops on the back of the connector plug it says to cut for a 4 cylinder?

Comment

I thought u have to cut one of the wires for 4cyl located on the black plug (you unscrew it to reveal the wires). My old 6AL is most likely sitting somewhere in my parents basement. Ill take a look at it when i go visit them this weekend. IIRC - I had issues blowing up my disty rotor or melting my cap with the MSD 6AL installed (which is why i switched to coil pack). That could have also been due to the extra heat from the turbo (i tried to fix that using an extended heatshield with no luck).
      Unnaturally Aspirated and Squirted Ford Probe
      Evo16g,Hybrid Custom Manifold,P&P,3angle VJ, and Milled Head, Oliver Billet rods,Wiesco 9:1 forged pistons,Apexi AVCR, 440cc injectors,Walbro 255hp,TypeRS Bov,Atx->Mtx,2.5 DP & MES Catback,RR-Sts,CM 2-R clutch, AWR Rad & Pan,Megasquirt2pcb3, maf delete/coilpack conversion

Comment

Yeah. I'd like to know. I hope I didn't buy this thing to wind up not being able to use it! I have the directions, but I thought when they said something about an EEC-IV harness, it'd be plug-n-play!?

Comment

Working...
        X