Needing information on Ferrea double springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing information on Ferrea double springs

I am looking for information from someone who is running double valve springs and knows what is in their engine. I don't want someone who has had someone else do all the work and really doesn't have a clue about what is actually in their engine.

I need to know what you did for valve seals. I am going with some doubles -but the OD of the valve seal is larger than the ID of the inner spring. I need a valve seal that will fit within the inner spring and without interference. Many thanks in advance.

MP
    Success is a measure of determination!
    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
    Restoration of a legend

Bringing back this thread... im about to use those springs in my build and this seems like a big issue i over looked. Hopefully there is an answer now?
    mx3, ze swap, SS autochrome headers, 2.5 inch exhaust, custom made CAI, AWR motor mounts, interprep valve springs, n/a 218 race grind colt cams, street PnP, thermal spacers.

Comment

Dont believe there will be much if anything happening in this thread anymore. BUt since we are on the subject of valve seals, There was a time I used some from a '05 Hyundai Accent with single Interprep springs. And let me must add that Interprep springs made a night/day difference. I still remember the feeling of the continuous power curve up past 5k where it normally drops off.
      Last edited by mac1; December 24, 2020, 07:27 PM.
      1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
      1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : the loaner
      2014 Factory Five 818s EJ255t : for sale
      2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
      1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

I had the interprep springs on my old set up with the 218 colt cams. They did the job but im now moving to custom camshafts (231 / 392) with solid buckets. Figured i would give the ferrea dual spring a try on this set up. Looks like the only way to use the dual spring is to shave the guides down and use a smaller seal. Somthing to consider if anyone chooses to go with the ferrea duals in the future.
        mx3, ze swap, SS autochrome headers, 2.5 inch exhaust, custom made CAI, AWR motor mounts, interprep valve springs, n/a 218 race grind colt cams, street PnP, thermal spacers.

Comment

I used Nissan RB25 seals with cut down valve guides inside dual ferrea springs

Comment

Those were my first option but looked like they would only give .035 clearance? seemed a bit tight for me. Just orderd some supertech valve seals that give .050 clearance for the springs but are an exhaust seal, im hoping they dont give me any issues on the intake side.

Comment

Working...
            X