Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think I got anything to gain from an Ecu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I got anything to gain from an Ecu?

JDM KL-DE Eunos 800 engine with the 10 to 1 pistons, DE heads, and Ill be putting a KLG4 intake manifold on soon, with the intention of keeping VRIS....Right now its a curVed neck, Think it would be worth it to see if Seli can do a correct VRIS point and Higher octane ZE fuel map? I/H/E on car as well. Or, since it doesn't have the ZE heads or cams, is it just not worth it? Anyone have feedback on JDM Eunos DE curved necks with ZE ecus? Or would Millenia Maps be the best thing? Keeping the VAF, not interested in megasquirt for right now.
    1994 PGT-ZE Rio Red MTX. Grey Leather. Intake, Header, HFC, 2.5" Cat-back, Mazda 6 BBK, RR Mounts, HEI, 1997 Taillights, XTD Stage 3, STS, Exedy Clutch M/C. Fully Loaded Daily Driver with A/C.

im probably one of the few left that does EPROM's still and i would say the best gains are from correcting your VRIS to suit your manifold. I can tweak the ignition map if you like but there are no major gains to be made there. ive found the ZE ECU performs worse so wouldn't recommend it to be honest (been there wasted my money and moved on).
    Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
    Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
    Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

That sounds like a usdm millenia engine
      1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Originally posted by Brizzy View Post
        That sounds like a usdm millenia engine
        Its one of the DE headed JDM engines with a KL68 TB and curved neck with 10 to 1 pistons....They're the really clean curved neck engines people have been getting the past few years. Based on calculations and others input, general consensus is they make around 180 hp. Aside from the pistons though, it pretty much is a millenia engine, lol. I gladly give up the extra power to have a very clean engine with low miles...

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Originally posted by stoker100 View Post
        im probably one of the few left that does EPROM's still and i would say the best gains are from correcting your VRIS to suit your manifold. I can tweak the ignition map if you like but there are no major gains to be made there. ive found the ZE ECU performs worse so wouldn't recommend it to be honest (been there wasted my money and moved on).
        Do you have access to the millenia maps?
        Last edited by whoohaaxl; October 4, 2015, 08:52 AM.
        1994 PGT-ZE Rio Red MTX. Grey Leather. Intake, Header, HFC, 2.5" Cat-back, Mazda 6 BBK, RR Mounts, HEI, 1997 Taillights, XTD Stage 3, STS, Exedy Clutch M/C. Fully Loaded Daily Driver with A/C.

Comment

Yes i do.
          Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
          Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

I was kinda wondering the same. I have a heavily modded/bolt on DE and I'm almost done with my G4 porting. I'm currently running no VRIS on my port matched/knife edged DE mani and I would like to take full advantage of my VRIS on my G4. I'm running a MAF as well, so I didn't know if the VRIS on points on that ECU are close enough. I appreciate any info!

Comment

Originally posted by DEJunkie View Post
              I was kinda wondering the same. I have a heavily modded/bolt on DE and I'm almost done with my G4 porting. I'm currently running no VRIS on my port matched/knife edged DE mani and I would like to take full advantage of my VRIS on my G4. I'm running a MAF as well, so I didn't know if the VRIS on points on that ECU are close enough. I appreciate any info!
              Doing the same, going to a G4 very soon. There's about (5) 98+ 626s at the local yard. I want to use millenia maps with G4 VRIS points. I wish there was a way to take advantage of Eunos fuel maps, a 93-95 octane tune for their jungle juice in Japan....what with a higher compression ratio. That's really the only way you're going to see any of the minute extra power rating from this engine, as far as OEM maps are concerned.
              Last edited by whoohaaxl; October 5, 2015, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Just curious, does mike Seli do some custom chips based on modifications?
                I asked, but he hasn't messaged me back yet. But if there's ANYONE that does custom tunes, let me know..

Comment

MAF conversion...
                  1992 Mazda MX-3 GS - KLG4 Turbo

Scott

Comment

I have never pulled a MAF'ed ECU apart, if it has a EPROM then i can modify the maps.

Comment

Biggest EEPROM advantage is having correct VRIS points for a swapped manifold and the proper fuel map for a swapped engine. Won't magically gain you 20whp but the engine will be happy.
                      PhotoPOC(tm)
                      MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
                      93' PGT not stock
                      91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Originally posted by j-dogg View Post
                        Biggest EEPROM advantage is having correct VRIS points for a swapped manifold and the proper fuel map for a swapped engine. Won't magically gain you 20whp but the engine will be happy.
                        This is really all I'm looking for. I should've specified what *kind* of gain, lol. Drivability first, if any power comes with it?

Comment

Working...
                        X