Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shim Under Bucket SLA's

Hi guys,
    im building a high reving 11:5:1 kl engine for my mx3.
    planning a full valvetrain and custom intake / possibly ITBS. I just got off the phone with Geoff from colt cams as i was planning to go with a shim over bucket sla. He advised against this and recommended the shim under bucket but couldnt recall which car the lifters are out of that can be used.

Does anyone have any info on what is needed for this setup? And what slas you use?

Obviously would need custom length valves which isnt an issue as i am planning a full valvetrain anyways and i dont think he can give me quite an aggressive lift with the slas either.
    Any feedback is also welcome from anyone high reving, is the sla conversion worth it? Or can the hydraulic lifters withstand the 8500 - 9k rpm?
    mx3, ze swap, SS autochrome headers, 2.5 inch exhaust, custom made CAI, AWR motor mounts, interprep valve springs, n/a 218 race grind colt cams, street PnP, thermal spacers.

Really wishin some of those old probetalk dudes were around...
    mx3, ze swap, SS autochrome headers, 2.5 inch exhaust, custom made CAI, AWR motor mounts, interprep valve springs, n/a 218 race grind colt cams, street PnP, thermal spacers.

Comment

Hi Keith
      If you go to my post 9000rpm kl Buggy in Photo & video gallery you will find some photos of hydraulic lifters converted to solid. The hardened spacer that goes inside get turned down to get required clearance.

Comment

Thanks man i will check that out right now!
        i recently had a discussion with someone doing an 8k rpm build and his plan was to use miata 1.8 solid lifters and 1.8 dual springs. I looked up the specs and they are close? What are your thoughts on that route? Easier to just convert hydraulics to solid or is it worth it to try and make the miata stuff fit?
        Last edited by keith_ze; November 19, 2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X