Anyone have any ITB info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any ITB info?

Starting work on my ITB setup soon and was just exploring some options. Was going to make my own from some T595 throttles but saw how nice a set of kinsler ITBs are... unfortunatly he quoted me 4500$usd.
    Just through some searching i see the cosworth and duratec engines have some options that are pretty close to our engines? What have others used for ITB setups? Anyone try fitting a set off a duratec or cosworth? Or does everyone start from scratch?

any feedback is appreciated.
    mx3, ze swap, SS autochrome headers, 2.5 inch exhaust, custom made CAI, AWR motor mounts, interprep valve springs, n/a 218 race grind colt cams, street PnP, thermal spacers.

Have you seen the posts from or about Leo (I think that was he name) in Puerto Rico?

I want to say he had a ze in his 323 and he had an ITB setup. Try searching on here for leo323 (username), or maybe on a 323 forum, but I think there is at least "some" info on his setup on here somewhere.
    '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
    '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

Yes ive seen his set up i believe he used gsx throttle bodies. I know there is a lady in the uk who makes itbs for the miata conversions aswell (she uses triumph t595) same ones i thought about trying. Just exploring my options as i think making your own with motorcycle bodies may end up costing me some hp compared to a set of kinsler made or jenvey. Unfortunatly kinsler quoted me close to 5000$ for a set of 62mm throttles.
      mx3, ze swap, SS autochrome headers, 2.5 inch exhaust, custom made CAI, AWR motor mounts, interprep valve springs, n/a 218 race grind colt cams, street PnP, thermal spacers.

Comment

Oh yes, I forgot about the lady in the UK. On one hand you save $'s by making your own but on the other hand you avoid all the trial and error by getting them from someone that makes them. But $5k is pretty high
        '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
        '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

Ya exactly, Kinsler is the best of the best when it comes to ITBs in my opinion but maybe that will have to wait. I think i may just make a set out of the triumphs like i was planning and see what hp gains i can get from a professional made set later on.

Comment

Anyone with ITB setups please feel free to post your setups aswell

Comment

Crapengineering out of the UK i believe makes a set.
              2002 Mazda Protege ES - Plenty of suspension work, just need the BC's and I'm done with it. Power wise......god willing there will be a KL swap in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Makemegofast View Post
                Crapengineering out of the UK i believe makes a set.
                tryed getting a set through her but she only makes them for the miata conversion kits apparently. I made the same setup myself though wasent to hard

Comment

Working...
                X