X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those interested in what the car had under the hood....... NOVI 1000

Remember, it was about this car:

Well, this is what it has underneath the Fortier Hood:

That is my car. It has 270,000 miles on it. It has 3-5# of boost on it. After I get some Millenia-S's and a FPR (or just break down and install my Megasquirt) in there I'll go back to the stock Crank Pulley and see 6-8#.

But the car feels good now......and it sounds just SICK. The best $1800 I ever spent over 6 months.
    Last edited by TravisWilliams_GT; March 6, 2009, 07:54 PM.
    ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
    ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
    ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

you bought the car for 1800?????

Comment

ok, where is the radiator?
      PaTricK
      ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Wow your car is awsome. And i agree, radiator........

And do you put the splash gaurds back on it? I'd be iffy to let the stuff hang down like that.

Comment

The $1800 is total on what I spent to Supercharge the car.

the Rad is missing during the install shots....I did reinstall it before I drove the car

and I have Aluminum Sheetmetal Splashguards from the Depot..the plastic ones got ripped off years ago.
          ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
          ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
          ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

shit, can you tell me ur set up, i would love to supercharge my car for 1800 bucks.....can u pm with the info, or post it here?

Comment

Hugo, Travis has LOT'S of mechanical ability, i know you're trying but it DOES require quite a bit of work and you could actually spend quite a bit less than 1800 to supercharge your car, just have to know where to source parts and of course you probably won't be sporting a nice FMIC or a NOVI! lol Good work Travis, car looks great as always and even better now that it's blown! Guess you finally sold the Tenzo's! The chromed stock's look quite nice though I must admit!!
              Steve
              Steve Fierros PT member #400
              1993 PGT
              Viper GTS Blue just look! SOLD!!!
              1997 Laser Red PGT TURBO 5sp-SOLD!!!
              2006 MazdaSpeed6 Whitewater Pearl

Comment

welcome to the darkside travis, but of course ur darkside isnt 1/2 as dark as mine
                NCPOC > BAPOC > SCPOC > FlaPOC > MIPOC

Comment

Yeah, I'd also like to know how you did all that with 1800(like what parts and such). Also do you mean 270K mi on the motor or the car. Very nice car Travis.
                  Chameleon Blue 95 PGT 5 Speed
                  Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed
                  Black 97 BMW 540i 6 Speed

Comment

270k on the body of the car, i believe that motor has been replaced once if not twice, he was also running nitrous on it. I think everything looks great Travis, good luck with the oil pump and extra fuel goodies.

Comment

Well, that motor has 250,000 miles on it........ and Yes, it was also a Bottle baby, 50 wet for a while and then up to a 75 wet....And that was on a completely stock-OE- if not Original everything.......fuel rails, fuel pump, everything that matters to NOS was original.

Here is the price-parts list:
                      • NOVI 1000 @ eBay = $650
                      • Custom FMIC @ MBX = $300
                      • Custom S/C Bracket @ TotalPerf = $50
                      • 255 walbro @ Probetalk = $75
                      • couplers and t-Bolts @ eBay = $80
                      • Tapped oil Pan & MBX powdercoat = $100
                      • XS RFL BOV @ eBay = $100
                      • custom 10 rib s/c pulley @ eBay = $40
                      • aeroquip fittings and SS drainline (installed after PICS) = $60 ()

That is the actual parts list for the basic S/C Setup........total $1405

Now here are the extra things that I added just because:
                      • SSAutochrome headers @ eBay = $250
                      • fuel press/boost/oil press/pyrometer gauges @ eBay = $100

Comment

How does that oil drain work?
                        Gravity drain is the sux when it has to go up.
                        98 Z3
                        2000 F150

Comment

Originally posted by charger758
                          How does that oil drain work?
                          Gravity drain is the sux when it has to go up.

I'm waiting to get an in-line oil pump....should be here in a few days.

Comment

I love the way the IC looks on your car, it almost makes me want to take out my billet grill and expose my IC.
                            ///M-POC
                            SENSLES 448whp at 24psi Built by Me, Tuned by SHAODOME

Flyrtle 6 - Best 2nd Gen Probe
                            MMX - PRD BEST of Show and 1st Place Unlimited Class
                            MM8 - PRD BEST of Show

Comment

Looks great Travis! That setup just fits like a glove! Nice work!

Later
                              Wes
                              ------------------------Wes Fenton------------------------
                              No longer a probe owner, but I'm still a probe enthusiast!
                              ----------I can't believe I made it to 9 Myrtles!!!----------

Comment

Working...
                              X