This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eaton Clutched M62 Bolt On Supercharger Kit "Almost Fruition"

Here are some PICS of the SC Kit I'm working on, plumbing is almost done, Thanks to everyone for their patience in this process.

The Green Car Drives Again!

Nestled snuggly under the alternator, almost looks OE

blurred shot, but nice clearance on radiator

Shot #1 of outlet piping This will be an aluminum elbow for cost constraints, silicon 90's are like $60 each.

Shot #2 of outlet plumbing, straight up into a "hotshot or equivalent" intake

intake box redesign, the plumbing will run side by side and air filter will reside under battery, so no worries about water ingestion

stainless steel headers my ass

At this point I have actually driven the car under boost, and it feels great, the car pulls very nicely, and it really opens up above 4K.

I am looking into a microswitch to put in the kit for WOT only operation, but the car doesn't like the switch from no boost to boost......so it might be better to wire this thing to operate all the time in run, and offer a BOV within the package.
    ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
    ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
    ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

You know that your doing an amazing job when I am excited for you. So I can't even imagine how excited you must be.
    Probeless...
    But driving a 30V V-Dub
    "Respect a man's car, and he respects you."-The Transporter

Comment

Nice work Travis
      Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
      PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
      1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
      1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Awsome Travis, how much longer do you think?
        ONPOC.ca Administrator
        K-Series.ca Founder

1993 PGTZE, forever under construction...

Comment

oh so close. Nice man and glad to see the green car is moving again
          94Gt Ze Rio red,afpr,borla, sts,EIBACHS
          ,gray->black int, mx6 leather,
          need rio red sideskirts yesterday
          Ze isnt rice its from JAP its a rice eater
          My car is finally in the garage again

Comment

Originally posted by JOSEPH PIERCE
            oh so close. Nice man and glad to see the green car is moving again
            agreed
            95-ze SOLDhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2105083/1
            95 pgt with mods....sold- 4th probe gone and hopefully the last
            Acura 3.0 CL Premium....sold
            New ride: 05 Jetta 5spd.....

Comment

Nice man. When we saw the pics before, i thought she was a gonner. Good thing you decided to keep her...

Comment

Don't take it the wrong way, but I don't think I'm going to keep her.

If she does live on, it will not be in this state......

I might have to go LUNDBERG On her.....
                ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
                ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
                ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

Intake pipe UNDER the crossmember? No thanks...
                  2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport- Traded

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- Totaled

Comment

2.5" piping, no problems on clearance,

Even with my car, lowered with coil overs

Comment

those SS headers look like they have been sittin around in a tub of water!

even SS can get a little bit of rust.. you have to clean it with some steelwool double 00

Comment

Nice for not having to mod the X member, but having the pipe being the lowest point on the car will cause it to scrape. I had my old turbo piping running the same way. It was OK for the entire year, you just have to be constantly aware of it. Not much more different than say a Lip or a body kit.

One thing you might want to consider travis is some form of safety wire for that pipe. If for whatever that pipe blows off (like if u hit it on a parking curb earlier in the day and then go boost) it will impact the ground and become a vacuum for dirt. Perhaps even a little bracket that attaches somewhere on the lower frame.
                        I believe in moderation and that includes moderation.
                        92 Lexus SC300 - 780whp/700tq 36+ psi

Comment

Very nice design Travis. Looks to be about the same thing Nick (MPIF) was doing on one of his previous setups.
                          ------------------------Wes Fenton------------------------
                          No longer a probe owner, but I'm still a probe enthusiast!
                          ----------I can't believe I made it to 9 Myrtles!!!----------

Comment

wow that looks unbelievably simple amazing work almost makes me want to consider supercharging instead of turbo hmmmm

only concern is my crossmember is already so low, I cant even fit a jack under it when the car is down, so I wonder how 2.5 inch pipe would fit in.

Also I know nothing about superchargers, do those require an oiling setup like turbo feed and drain? if so looks like drain would be kind of iffy being almost as low as the pan but i dont know, really.
                            Last edited by KM_heisler; February 6, 2006, 10:33 AM.
                            Kevin Heisler

90 JDM Fairlady Z , twin turbo lots of stuff done already but not enough space in the sig

Comment

This like...makes me want to buy another Probe to put this on it...something's not right in my brain

Looks nice, I like the great welding on the intake side
                              90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                              93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                              97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
                              90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

Working...
                              X