No announcement yet.

How-to: Probe RWD Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dan sac your a car god. if its one thing i want in life ... its your knowledge
    Leo
    94 PGTze - sold vid 1 vid 3 vid 2
    98 Pontiac firebird formula WS6 the race car.
    95 PGT-T..AKA..The ReD GhoSt KLDE turbo Built by me ..sold

Comment

Amazing!
      I have been playing with the same ideas myself, but then using a JDM RX7 chassis as a donor, and putting it in a Mazda 626. (yes, totaly crazy! but i love them)

How would you value the Miata VS the Rx7 as a donor? Im thinking in terms of reliable powertrain and suspension. If i went down that road it would be a 20B sitting under the hood, and thus the RX trans and axles could be an easyer fit, and would not need a remade driveshaft.

But on the other hand, the base Miata chassi might be so much cheaper to buy that it would be a cheaper mod in the end anyways.

Do you have more project images from this? I would love a picture dump somewhere to just look at and admire the work
      Also, do you want to reveal any specific engine plans...?
      Last edited by Zepticon; September 17, 2012, 07:14 AM.
      Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
      Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

I knew you had to be upto something when you said 'Im going in another direction with the Probe' in your forsale thread

Your work is amazing Dan, cant wait to follow this through the finals steps of the build.
        1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
        Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
        1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
        2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

Do the donor cars have to match color for this swap to work?

You're a god among men. I can't wait to throw this in my friends' faces when they laugh at the kind of ideas I've pondered. And what's scarier is I have the tools to do this... Now for the time...

Comment

Dan, you are a talented man indeed! I read this thread with as much enthusiasm as the nasty KL 323 you built! I'll be looking forward to the continued progress with this one.
            1994 PGT MTX-CAI/STS/Hotshot headers/Vibrant catalytic/Pacesetter-Magnaflow catback/Outlaw spacers/RR inserts/Mazda6 brake upgrade/Yonaka coilovers/AWR trailing arms/AWR rear sway bar/PRD rear STB/95-97 rear end conversion.

2006 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed 6

Comment

Holy shit dan!!!! Thats all i can say, putting in work
              95 pgt boosted 8 psi slowly tuning with help
              93pgt with 44k original miles sold...
              93pgt 95k auto part out as of 1/5/12 pm me for parts

Comment

We all knew something would come up soon. Looks great! Can't wait to see further more progress of pics, vids, drifting..
                john palmer get at me on facebook.
                89pgt plenty of mods on the way.
                http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l507/93probeanator/

Comment

Dan[probe god]
                  1996 PGT atx...for now, Intake, exhaust, yonaka coilovers http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701306455...wrecked, put back to stock, Sold

1994 PGT MTX...http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701309068

Comment

When the F*$k did we get ice cream?????
                    Thats what she said..........

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2361618

Comment

WOW its like watching a dream come true!!!....I'm truly jeleous
                      93 PGT-ZE-Turbo project
                      94 PGT-all stock and sexy
                      95 PGT-ZE -Supercharged
                      2012 Honda Accord-daily driver

Comment

What an awesome build!
                        95 Probe GT -- 24 Hours of LeMons race car!
                        Our teams Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

Comment

Holy shit! That was a fantastic idea. My biggest worry would be making sure everything is centered and square in the probe body

What power train are you installing in it?
                          93 Probe GT
                          Its not a PROBLEM. It's a PROBE LUM

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d..._5571185_n.jpg

Comment

how to:

cut out old stuff

weld in new stuff

????

Profit!

like i said before, looking fantastic!
                            95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                            Built, Not Bought.
                            No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Originally posted by phatgt4me View Post
                              Holy shit! That was a fantastic idea. My biggest worry would be making sure everything is centered and square in the probe body

What power train are you installing in it?

They are - I've set my tolerances at +/- 1.5 mm, which is less than the adjustment available in the subframe mounting holes.

Don't know on powertrain yet, though the easy one is forced induction KL (either twin turbo or supercharger on top).
                              90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                              93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                              97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
                              90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

good work man... looking great, how much extra weight do you think your going to come out with ?
                                live smart, drive fast, build slow and perfect!!

Comment

Working...
                                X