No announcement yet.

First Panda Express post of 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In due time. I'm working on a built motor for it, I'm not half-assing it this time. Lol
    PhotoPOC(tm)
    MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
    93' PGT 200mph Bonneville project
    91' PLX MTX stock
    90' PGT uh ohhhs I gots turbozz

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

It begins.

By the way, all this crap back here except the endlinks and swaybar haven't been touched since George Bush Sr. was president. I forsee snapping some bolts in my very near future, which is fine I planned on changing a lot of this hardware out for newer stainless stuff for track days so I can change out springs and suspension setups for various courses. Also I fixed my sticking ebrake.

PhotoPOC(tm)
      91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Some stuff I've done. 30 year old hardware is a bitch, so I replaced what I could and cleaned up the rest. This is all rear suspension, which now sits 4 inches higher than it should so new spring setup is on its way. It's a little softer but a good starting point and if I don't like it I can always turn it up.

PhotoPOC(tm)
        91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

AWR coilovers are on. The springs were changed to 8 inch and 350 lb in the rear and the fronts are 425 but those will be changed for a 6" 550 Eibach either today or tomorrow.

Clapped out old junk out. The pervious owner literally NEVER changing their axles and letting the grease get all over everything doubled as a rust inhibitor and made getting the front off REALLY easy. I slipped new axles on when we did the engine swap but left the grease because I knew these coilovers would be going on. I also took this opportunity to clean my Corksport calipers and make them look good again, then I PB-blasted anything I haven't put a wrench on yet because when I do the tubular arms I will be touching them.

Assembling the unit.

Rears on. EBC rotor, Yellowstuff pads, SS brake lines, AWR coilovers with helper spring and 350lb spring

Fronts, same setup but with 425lb spring. Corksport 13" big brakes. Everything is covered in oil from losing 4qt of oil at 90mph I just haven't found somewhere to pressure wash it all off yet and I've been busy with shit, and it's a nice rust inhibitor lol

Installed, will drop the front an inch with a 6" spring. I noticed a dent on the first oil filter I may either move them or put in a skid plate.

I also changed the clutch slave cylinder to resolve a clutch pressure issue. This thing is awesome, I'm so glad I've finally seen one of these projects through to this point.
          Last edited by j-dogg; July 17, 2021, 06:36 AM.
          PhotoPOC(tm)
          91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Travis hooked me up with a quick release hub and wheel and a small box of parts is beginning to accumulate back at the mothership for me to go through when I come off the road again.
            PhotoPOC(tm)
            91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

I didnt know AWR made coilovers. Everything looks good though. Any plans to go to poly bushings?
              mx3, ze swap, SS autochrome headers, 2.5 inch exhaust, custom made CAI, AWR motor mounts, interprep valve springs, n/a 218 race grind colt cams, street PnP, thermal spacers.

Comment

yup thats the next upgrade is poly bushings, it already has the full AWR poly mount suite under the hood
                PhotoPOC(tm)
                91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

I just got my passenger side mount for the mx3 from awr shipped yesterday, was really happy with the front and rear. I found a company in poland that makes a full poly kit for the mx3. Let me know if youd like any info on them for your probe.
                  mx3, ze swap, SS autochrome headers, 2.5 inch exhaust, custom made CAI, AWR motor mounts, interprep valve springs, n/a 218 race grind colt cams, street PnP, thermal spacers.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information