No announcement yet.

N/A Mx3 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few pics of what's been going on at the garage on the build, nothing special but just a few progress pics.
    Electric water pump is all wired and block off plate is made.
    ITB plate is waiting for the ports to get machined out.
    Painted the tranny and starter just for the hell of it and POR15 the hubs with new bearings.

mx3, ze swap, SS autochrome headers, 2.5 inch exhaust, custom made CAI, AWR motor mounts, interprep valve springs, n/a 218 race grind colt cams, street PnP, thermal spacers.

Comment

I read thru this whole thread and I’m excited for you. You making some good progress.
      I haven’t updated my build since about August but that’s not due to lost interest, it’s the other car projects taking turns. I made it a plan to only work on the Tracer build during summer months.

So i was actually surprised to hear you mention Alister from interprep, guess he still likes to tinker with the KL and does he still supply valve springs?
      Also it looks you have 2 injector bungs to work with, maybe run stock for break in and have bigger top feed in the ITBs tuned later?
      on my KL build running lots of boost I’m running 12 injectors and staged injection , millyS for cruise and ls3 top feed for when over 10psi. This should get me good mpg.
      1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
      1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : the loaner
      2014 Factory Five 818s EJ255t : for sale
      2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
      1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
        I read thru this whole thread and I’m excited for you. You making some good progress.
        I haven’t updated my build since about August but that’s not due to lost interest, it’s the other car projects taking turns. I made it a plan to only work on the Tracer build during summer months.

So i was actually surprised to hear you mention Alister from interprep, guess he still likes to tinker with the KL and does he still supply valve springs?
        Also it looks you have 2 injector bungs to work with, maybe run stock for break in and have bigger top feed in the ITBs tuned later?
        on my KL build running lots of boost I’m running 12 injectors and staged injection , millyS for cruise and ls3 top feed for when over 10psi. This should get me good mpg.
        Im glad to see that some of the OGs are still on here and following along with the build.
        Allister was actually a huge help. He gave me all the details on what needs to be done to the block / crankshaft to make the Kl somewhat survive the abuse i will be putting it through. Although his knowledge of the 250 - 300whp builds seemed to be lacking so he didnt have much to say there.
        He did mention that he no longer has the old valve springs he used to sell but is going to be getting new ones made.

That 2 injector idea is actually something i didnt think about but is a really good idea. The peices of manifold sitting on the bench in the last pic are from my failed attempt at a custom manifold but ended up helping me out with tracing out the port shapes for the ITB adapter plates.

Keep following along with the build though as im only just getting started, once machine shop can get there ass in gear and my custom valves make it here things will come together pretty quick!
        mx3, ze swap, SS autochrome headers, 2.5 inch exhaust, custom made CAI, AWR motor mounts, interprep valve springs, n/a 218 race grind colt cams, street PnP, thermal spacers.

Comment

8-9 weeks for delivery for pistons ans rods from wiseco You any updates?

Comment

Ya it took about that or longer for mine aswell, my custom valves are in the mail and should be here next week. Once arrived im going to weigh some valvetrain components and see how much weight i shaved off with the lifter conversion.
            Also spent so much time waiting around i decided to start a port and polish on the heads. Hopefully have that done by end of next week aswell and i can post some pictures. For now not much been going on but playing the waiting game.

Comment

Ya it took about that or longer for mine aswell, my custom valves are in the mail and should be here next week. Once arrived im going to weigh some valvetrain components and see how much weight i shaved off with the lifter conversion.
              Also spent so much time waiting around i decided to start a port and polish on the heads. Hopefully have that done by end of next week aswell and i can post some pictures. For now not much been going on but playing the waiting game.

Comment

ok I officially have everything for the motor.... custom Ferrea valves finally arrived. They are .035'' longer and 1mm oversized to the klze valve size.
                I put all the valvetrain components onto a scale the other day and got some really good numbers in terms of weight savings throughout the entire valvetrain.
                The valves weighed in a bit heavier than the stock valves but that was expected as they are bigger in every aspect.
                The real savings was in the solid lifter conversion and the dual valve spring. I weighed out the valve, shim and sla vs the stock valve and hla and saved 205.56 grams there.
                Then I weighed the entire valve train and saved a total of 677.64 grams. Heres a pic of the valvetrain that will be going into the heads once I get this port and polish finished up.

Comment

Looking good, I don't have any knowledge to add here but know there are others out there following along!
                  Minnesota Probe Owners Club - http://mnpoc.org
                  1993 PGT sold
                  1993 PGT died

Comment

Originally posted by GTcruiser33 View Post
                    Looking good, I don't have any knowledge to add here but know there are others out there following along!
                    Thanks for following along, hopefully will have some real progress to post up soon. Had to go light a fire under the machine shops ass the other day so that hopefully they will get my bottom end finished.

Comment

Finally had some time to finish up the port job on the heads before I send them over to the machine shop to get the valve job and new guides put in, here's a few pics of the work I did. It was my first time doing an aggressive port job like this but I think I did a pretty decent job. The intake side didn't get anything to crazy but I took quite a bit of material out on the exhaust side to hopefully let this motor breathe a bit better up top. Did a few more touch ups after I took the pictures but you guys get the idea...

Comment

good job it will pay off

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information