N/A Mx3 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N/A Mx3 Build

Starting to build the motor on my mx3 soon and wanted to start a thread to hopefully bring some life back to probetalk. Also to get any general questions answered from whatever gurus are left on here. So far the parts are stacking up and the block is in the machine shop awaiting the pistons. Im going to lay down my motor plan and parts accumulated so far. All feedback is welcome!

Current parts on hand...

Kl-de engine
    Ported heads
    Ferrea dual valve springs
    Ferrea retainers
    Custom length Ferrea valves (+1mm)
    Supertech solid lifters
    Supertech lash caps
    Supertech valve seals
    Bronze valve guides
    Custom colt cams (231 / 392)
    Arp head studs
    Wiseco 11:5:1 pistons
    K1 rods 21mm pin
    Clevite 77 bearings
    Moroso .900 single stage oil pump
    Coil packs (626)
    CDF adjustable cam gears
    Megasquirt plug n play
    550cc bosch injectors
    340lph AEM fuel pump
    D2 coilovers
    T595 Individual Throttle bodys
    Davies Craig electric water pump
    Custom long tube headers
    AWR motor mounts
    Poly bushings front and rear
    Last edited by keith_ze; May 28, 2022, 06:56 AM.
    mx3, ze swap, SS autochrome headers, 2.5 inch exhaust, custom made CAI, AWR motor mounts, interprep valve springs, n/a 218 race grind colt cams, street PnP, thermal spacers.

Biggest concerns right now is in the piston to valve/spark plug clearance. Was hoping to shave as much as possible off the heads to raise compression but im a bit hesitant with the big cams right now. I know Leo took .080 off his 323 heads back in the day. Im not sure what spark plug he used to get away with the tight clearance though.
    mx3, ze swap, SS autochrome headers, 2.5 inch exhaust, custom made CAI, AWR motor mounts, interprep valve springs, n/a 218 race grind colt cams, street PnP, thermal spacers.

Comment

Well update on the build incase anyone is reading lol...
      opened up the valves today to inspect before i brought the heads to the machine shop for guides and glass beading. Turns out all of the intake valves are complete garbage. Every valve has atleast one or two nicks in them (some big enough you can catch your nail on it). Going to return them and go back down the road of trying to find someone that can get Ferreas made for less then 65$ a valve.

Comment

Do you have pics?
        My 93GT, Wendy - the oldest second gen Probe in the U.S. still on the road.

Forever in search of Enkei Shoguns.

Comment

Anyone know how to post pics on here? I just took a bunch but cant seem to figure out how to post
          Last edited by keith_ze; January 16, 2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Pics should be posted up on page 2 now.
            Last edited by keith_ze; January 24, 2021, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Sorry about the jumbled pictures but there's a few shots i took when i was at the garage today. block is at the machine shop getting the pistons and rods balanced right now and as for the valve situation i decided i would bite the bullet and pay for the custom ferrea valves. I will post pics of those as soon as they come in, probably 3-4 weeks for those. going to add a few pics of the engine bay im slowly cleaning up a bit as well. Fresh paint and a bit of a wire tuck.

Last edited by keith_ze; January 16, 2021, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Will post more pics on assembly aswell
                Last edited by keith_ze; January 16, 2021, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Good luck with the build. Wish I still had my mx3

Comment

which fuel you gonna run?

Comment

Just discover the Boundary pumps very expensive do you think its a good buy for a mild (tri-flow colt cams) Street built KL? Im about to bring my motor in about a month to my engine builder. I bought the motor 10 years ago its now or never... The engine is gonna be install in a 2003 Proteg?. I have a old electromotive Tecgt that i bought in 2013 it was on a Probe SCharge. I thinking to choose the 11.5:1 wiseco as well but I want to run on Pump gaz is it too much?

Comment

Can't see your pics in this thread just black squares

Comment

Originally posted by lmt bj View Post
                          Just discover the Boundary pumps very expensive do you think its a good buy for a mild (tri-flow colt cams) Street built KL? Im about to bring my motor in about a month to my engine builder. I bought the motor 10 years ago its now or never... The engine is gonna be install in a 2003 Proteg?. I have a old electromotive Tecgt that i bought in 2013 it was on a Probe SCharge. I thinking to choose the 11.5:1 wiseco as well but I want to run on Pump gaz is it too much?
                          The pump was expensive but its either that or run an external pump which i didnt want to get into if this one can get the job done, the motor will likely rev to 9500rpm possibly 10,000 through earlier gears. Im planning to run 2 setups for fuel one on pump gas and the other for E85 but that will come later on after i have the build sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by ZEMX3 View Post
                            Good luck with the build. Wish I still had my mx3
                            thank you! Sorry for the pics i will try uploading again once i actually have a few more goodies to show off. Maybe some assembled block and head pics.

Comment

Originally posted by keith_ze View Post

The pump was expensive but its either that or run an external pump which i didnt want to get into if this one can get the job done, the motor will likely rev to 9500rpm possibly 10,000 through earlier gears. Im planning to run 2 setups for fuel one on pump gas and the other for E85 but that will come later on after i have the build sorted out.
                              I think we are the only one that built a KL right now haha Do you notice that Ferrea have discontunued all their parts for the KL?

Comment

Working...
                              X