Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

License plate install going horribly wrong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much is a harness and ECU anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by TRWeiss1 View Post
      Just ignore crunching PCBs....It's probably safe to assume they're not important.

No no no.... he was just doing the ZX6R's version of the IAT mod. Drilling carefully placed holes in the PCB keeps the ECM from cutting fuel when you release the throttle. It looks like he forgot to drill the holes in the throttle plate though... freakin' backyard mechanics.
      2005 Dodge Ram SLT QCSB - Daily Ride
      2010 Ford Flex Limited AWD - Wife Ride
      1974 Mercedes 450SL - It'll move again one day.

Husband, Father, Cable guy...

Comment

Harness: $500.94
        ECU: 552.55
        Harness labor ~4-5hrs @ $85/hr
        Engine damage parts:
        Engine damage labor: ~15+hr @$85/hr

So this is nearly $3k so far without including the price of parts for the motor on a bike that books for $5k AT BEST but I usually see them going for about 3-4k. Time to wad it up and toss it or part it out.

Holy hell! 14.5K views!?
        Last edited by WhiteDart; April 14, 2011, 07:29 PM.
        Jim K.
        :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

He may be able to ebay the ECU and Harness and get it for less, if it were me Id do the install myself, but if it were me, I wouldn't have tried to install a gay license plate frame in the first place or drilled through the ECU.

So Jim can you hook me up with a deal on a chain and some sprockets for a ZX-9R?
          95 Black Probe GT
          Currently being parted out.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteDart View Post
            Harness: $500.94
            ECU: 552.55
            Harness labor ~4-5hrs @ $85/hr
            Engine damage parts:
            Engine damage labor: ~15+hr @$85/hr

So this is nearly $3k so far without including the price of parts for the motor on a bike that books for $5k AT BEST but I usually see them going for about 3-4k. Time to wad it up and toss it or part it out.

Holy hell! 14.5K views!?
            if you're a dealership and it takes you guys 4-5 hours to swap a harness you must be doing something wrong. just my 2 cents. anyway epic fail and enjoyed reading this. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by braaappp View Post
              if you're a dealership and it takes you guys 4-5 hours to swap a harness you must be doing something wrong. just my 2 cents. anyway epic fail and enjoyed reading this. thanks.

These are standard rate times straight from the book x 1.5, which is the industry standard when the work is customer pay.
              Jim K.
              :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

These are standard rate times straight from the book x 1.5, which is the industry standard when the work is customer pay.
                lol i guess thats why i do shit myself. fortunately I know what Im doing unlike the owner of this bike haha. Do your thing though homie plenty of people dont know what they're doing obviously so they gotta pay to play.

Comment

you know this is why it costs money, to prevent shit heads like a idiot B-IL- from breaking your stuff, either pay to play or learn to do it right yourself...

TWOWHEELFIX.com checking in....

Comment

Sometimes there are just no words lol...Woooooow. All I can say.
                    The Teal Beast!!!

Comment

Can I get a link to the acurazine fail

Comment

i wanna see this acurazine thing too. i searched but no luck

Comment

is this at AGT?

Comment

Speed holes in an ECU. Now what? Speed holes in brake calipers?

Hey from svrider and M4E!

Comment

Dont you just love the "It just stopped working one day" line
                              yeah the day you put big ass screws in your ecu
                              the people who have no clue about engines always try to use that line
                              fix your email address

Comment

Acurazine thread, found and linked. I hope you have a few days set aside to read through the whole thing if you plan on finishing it.

http://www.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770786
                                95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
                                93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
                                89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
                                04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
                                Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

Working...
                                X