supercharging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supercharging

well i didnt have time over xmas to scratch my butt so ive started today working on fitting my supercharger, heres what ive got planned and what ive done thus far:

- MS1V3
    - Wideband
    - remove charcoal canister
    - fit catch can
    - 1 way PCV check valve
    - weight reduction - rear interior/ac

not done:
    - relocate MSD (not done yet)
    - get SC A/C bracket (not done yet)

obviously theres a lot more to do then whats broken down here but today i fitted a catch can going from my CAI to the rear bank, because i used a cheapie catch can and cheapie steel wool (for gods sake just buy a proper catch can) i had to add filters on both sides of the catch can to prevent the fine fibers of steel wool getting sucked into the engine, at a later date i will replace the steel wool with the one piece thicker type and remove the filters. i also removed the charcoal canister today (see latest pic)

if anyone has any suggestions/comments please feel free to post, this is my first time supercharging a car so its going to take a while. as always pics will come as changes are made, below is the setup before i started today:
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/9a9e0ceb.jpg

now:
    *pic to be added soon*

as always the entire pic folder is here:
    http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m.../supercharger/
    Last edited by stoker100; June 21, 2012, 11:37 PM.
    Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
    Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
    Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

ooooh, another Mr.SPeed in the works. Steel wool/brilo pads is no bueno. Need the thicker stuff as mentioned.

oh and about the MSD, you'll have to put the power tower in a different spot for the disty cap. Like inline with the other towers. The only place is drilling the hole were the existant tower is on the inside going to the internal coil.
    Last edited by mac1; January 9, 2012, 09:34 PM.
    1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
    1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
    2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
    2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
    1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

thanks for the point about the disty, thats going to be fun!
      Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
      Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

ok changed my plans, went to fit the SC driveshaft today and basically got annoyed and gave up, i was tossing up if i should sell the kit or not, guess i will be (i know it seems like ive just given up but its a bigger descision then that).

Comment

ive once again changed my plans, going to try to mount the M62 in the AC location (if i can get a bracket), this means pulling the AC which is fine because as of today it looks like this inside and its not my daily anymore:
          http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...l/IMG_7642.jpg

weight reduction! (already pulled the boot trim and other bits weeks ago)
          http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...l/IMG_7644.jpg

Comment

I'm Keen to see how this pans out should give your Subi a good run for it's money. Just one question are you planning to put traction bars on it as I'm starting to get axle hop from my freakish de since converting to MTX, it has new struts and bushes so the only way to correct it will be traction bars.
            Last edited by Sprocket3; April 29, 2012, 01:41 AM.
            94PGT (MX6-MTX) K&N Apollo CAI, billet burp tank, OBX Headers now wrapped H/F CAT 2.25 Cat back courtesy GTHeydon, Catch cans, Dropped 30mm on Lovells springs front, King springs rear, 16mm Whiteline rear swaybar, Front & Rear strut braces, Bendix titanium stripe ceramic brake pads, Mechanical TBT, HEI mod, poly mounts.

Comment

no current plans for traction bars, (but suspension made a huge difference when i lowered 1" and went to pedder's, not that i like the feel but theres 0 wheel hop) we will see when she is boosting if i need the bars! heres the latest phase of weight reduction:
              http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...0/5b0e1ec3.jpg
              http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...0/244a134c.jpg
              (was a fantastic afternoon alone with the car)

i have a dyno day on (hopefully) this Sat so ill get figures before i do my muffler/cat/sc/brakes im not expecting much, car has not been running fantastic lately and i haven't had time to iron out any bugs. going to guess between 110 and 120wkw.

Sprocket3 can i see a pic of your billet burp tank? where did you get it or did you have it made? im looking at getting one made but would rather buy something off the shelf as i have enough work ahead of me

Comment

I made the billet burp tank myself it came up really good painted blue, I have a toolmaker background and my own mill and lathe so it wasn't a drama milled the bayonet fitting on the rotary table. added on facebook.
                Last edited by Sprocket3; May 2, 2012, 01:59 AM.
                94PGT (MX6-MTX) K&N Apollo CAI, billet burp tank, OBX Headers now wrapped H/F CAT 2.25 Cat back courtesy GTHeydon, Catch cans, Dropped 30mm on Lovells springs front, King springs rear, 16mm Whiteline rear swaybar, Front & Rear strut braces, Bendix titanium stripe ceramic brake pads, Mechanical TBT, HEI mod, poly mounts.

Comment

Stoker100 your motor looks good props man
                  96 probe gt KLZE with a new ZE Gutted and junked
                  94 probe gt sold,93 probe gt sold
                  first 96 probe gt KLZE sold
                  NEW 93 pgt KLZE swapped. Boosted axed and sold
                  2004 srt4 on 22 psi the dd

Comment

managed to pull about 1kg of wire and plastic clips from the boot area so heres some pics:

the latest in weight reduction:
                    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...0/4a6176da.jpg

and after removing excess wires:
                    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...0/bcd80e4c.jpg
                    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...0/640d86ba.jpg

it seems supercharging isnt getting any closer, im taking on all the small projects to get the car back to perfect before i boost it.

Comment

Sweet, do you still have lights?

Comment

yes, all essentials are still there including lights, i removed the following:
                        - rear boot light wiring
                        - rear wiper wiring
                        - tilt switch wiring
                        and probably more i cant remember

also shortened the wiring to the rear demister which was 1.5m longer then it should have ever been.

next is a immobilizer wiring issue to fix that causes current draw when the car is off and then fix VRIS#2 (ECU wont activate it under load but it works through diagnostic testing), then im going to strip back the wiring in the engine bay the same way.

Comment

Great to see you are still going to Supercharge the probe

I've been dealing with the house still for the past 2 years so I haven't been able to do much on my probe as well which is a shame she's in need of a lot of TLC she looks bad
                          The "PIMP MY PROBE" Project
                          The First Electric Supercharged Probe
                          Project and car is sadly dead

Comment

yeah im getting there very slowly, i know what its like with a house, mine takes up 90% of my weekends (for the past 6.5 years now) it never really ends. be sure to set aside a day to clean the probe up and post some recent pics!

currently still looking for a M62 A/C location bracket.....

Comment

looks like i might be coming to join you next year steven.. I'm going to be moving to Waikerie SA

Comment

Working...
                              X