where do people hang out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do people hang out?

ok....maybe times have changed....or maybe it's just FL. but i remember "back in the day" in nc, i could go out on a friday or saturday night and easily find a few local spots where car guys just hang out and chit chat - of course with the typical BS that come with it like stupid stereo, burnouts, that usually led to the popo sending us home. even just last year when i was in CA i had several hang out spots weekly/monthly that i can go. since ive been here, i hadnt really actively looked for anything like that till now, my probe is close to being wrapped up and ive been out for so long that i'm looking for lil gatherings like that "locally", even if it's in orlando. now i KNOW there has to be stuff going on in orlando. normally i try to hang with mazda guys, but after search all known (to me) mazda forums, it doesnt seem like any FL mazda groups are alive - except maybe the miata. i dont care if it's mustangs, camaros, hondas, nissans....just something. i know there's that cruise night down the street from my house that hang out every wednesday nights, but that groups' demographic isn't me - 50+ easily. jesse told me about this spot in merrit island toys-r-us that imports hang out saturday nights but i hadnt gone to confirm yet - maybe next saturday night. but is there anything in orlando or something that cool people hang out that don't do stupid shit excessively that's worth me driving out to maybe once a month to check out? SoFla seems a bit far just to hang out for a couple hours.
    NCPOC > BAPOC > SCPOC > FlaPOC > MIPOC

DO NOT go to La Fiebre if you hear about it, it's a giant street racing thing in Orlando off Presidents, cops always bust people there and you WILL go to jail, although if you went you would have the fastest car because it's mostly 19 second D-series Hondas and one or two decently modded cars.

50 and Orange, Fuelslut meet. It's near downtown too. My choice for Orlando meets. Mostly American musclecars, sport bikes. Very mature. DO NOT turn right at Orange everyone does it on their first time, it's a one way street.

Avoid the Tuesday Ricefest on 50 near Alafaya, cops got everyone on blast and people do burnouts and race through the parking lot. Lot of Puerto Ricans like to scope people's cars out and jack them for their shit but you don't have a Honda/Acura so that isn't too much of a problem.

Monday has a decent meet off Forsyth I go to once in a while but for whatever reason most of those people don't like me (even though I helped organize it so enthusiasts could have somewhere to meet with no ricers doing retarded one-wheel wonder burnouts. The sheer ignorance of humans as a species never ceases to amaze me)

Wednesday is the UCF meet near Alafaya by the UCF campus. Not bad, civilized too.

Somewhere there is a meet Thursdays at a restaurant you get a deal on your meal if you bring in a timeslip from the past week. I'll have to look it up.

Merritt Island is half nice civilized people with decent cars and the other half ricers. They all think I'm CI (confidential informant) or vice (undercover law enforcement) because I took a couple of shit-talking kids in a 17 second Honda from a dig without spray and he got stopped 2 minutes later for running a red light and street racing while I was already halfway home.

Florida used to have a good car culture but all the ricers and douche canoes doing burnouts and street racing in 19 second shitboxes are killing the scene here.
    Last edited by j-dogg; July 7, 2010, 08:38 PM.
    PhotoPOC(tm)
    MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
    93' PGT not stock
    91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Wrong side of the state

but there has to be some near International drive over there, there is even autox over there by the coast
      Last edited by BoostedMan; July 7, 2010, 09:20 PM.
      Need a chip or parts for your 1st gen GT go here----->Fordprobeparts.com

Floridafordprobeowners.club

Comment

Theres lots of mazda stuff further south. How come you disappeared off of clubprotege rayman? I miss your car, lol.
        you should head out for Flyrtle since your in FL.

Comment

married life doesn't really lend me to go out on weeknights to hang out at a parking lot an hour away....guess i'll give the merritt island one a shot next week

Comment

Maybe it's just you?

Ha, good luck in S. Florida.
            Last edited by *FlaProbeSE*; July 7, 2010, 10:03 PM.
            Sabrina
            I drive a Neon - 2004 Dodge SRT-4
            FlaPOC - Honorary NPA!
            SkipE - MM7's Best Rolling Wreck

Comment

If you end up in Orlando gimme a shout Ray. I actually live downtown, so maybe we could grab dinner or something.
              _™

Comment

most def. mike, i got ur number in my cellie...ive been to orlando like 4-5 times total since ive lived here lol. chilled out in downtown one night, wasnt too bad.

Comment

Working...
                X