ATX tranny cooler install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATX tranny cooler install?

Okay i got the hayden 404 tranny cooler in my trunk, it has been there forever, does anyone know how to install them? I want to put it on soon since the warmer weather is coming. I know there is some good websites, but i am thinking to have a PAPA member install it since i am not a super mechanic.

Iv done it....
    Its pretty easy but time consuming...
    I dont know if you want a guy that cant get his car going working on yours, but If you need help Im game. And the 404 fits funny...I used zip ties to hold mine to the radiator...not the best idea but it works,
    I did get a hole in mine and took it off for the winter...also you need a tool to take the hoses off the metal lines..unless you want to cut them..I rented the tool from autozone....35 bucks...and got it back when I returned it.. some guys say they run a 514 or something......that would be a big PITA!!
    Mike <Howllet> might have that tool, not for sure..But I work Friday and saturday...off sunday....then back to work monday and tuesday, off wednesday and thursday.. So if you need help drop me some mail and im sure we could get something going.
    I think your cooler lines would be the same as mine....top is feed bottom is return..
    Good time to do a tranny flush also!

Comment

charger- i heard from people that you have a chameloen (spelling?) blue probe.....nice color. i have seen one around down here in york once, actually right at my neighbors, fell in love with it. awesome color dude

Comment

agreed,
        Im kinda faund of the color myself :grin:

Comment

I am off Wednesday, maybe we can work something out.

Comment

On 2001-05-25 12:12, ChargerGL wrote:
            I am off Wednesday, maybe we can work something out.
            hey charger where are you going to do this?i'll give you a hand too

Comment

Cool,
              Three of us should knock it out in no time...
              Steve <yons> you got that tool?.. I know you told me you had alot of tools and things...Maybee we could meet up at your house... The only place to do it here would be in the street. You dont need much to do it... hose clamps...phillips screw driver or nut driver...and the hhose remover..unless we are just going to use a razor and cut the lines....Thats kinda up to <Steve> Charger..
              Sometime after 3:00 if thats cool..
              Get back at me...
              later...

Comment

well now i find out I have a teeth cleaning on wednesday at 3:15. hmm lets see if it all still works out. Depends on where we meet and the time we meet.

Comment

Well,
                  I guess it isnt happening today....
                  I doubt I get another oppertunity to go anywhere for awhile... oh well.
                  see you around..

Comment

Working...
                  X