No announcement yet.

Hey guys...meching questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the vulcan is a very stoudt, reliable engine, i have one. if you take care of her she'll be good to you, mine is turning 19 this year, lol. i agree with the haynes manual, its like a probe bible, and if you have engine trouble you could also try a taurus forum.
    Dave Kolenski
    2011 Ford Ranger 4x4 SPORT 4.0L Black/Black
    3.73's, Rancho suspension, Flowmaster exhaust, red pinstripe, bedmat.
    Future: 6 inch lift, 33 BFG's. Windshield visor, diamond plated bedrails.

Comment

Originally posted by ThrashTimeDave View Post
      the vulcan is a very stoudt, reliable engine, i have one. if you take care of her she'll be good to you, mine is turning 19 this year, lol. i agree with the haynes manual, its like a probe bible, and if you have engine trouble you could also try a taurus forum.
      Oh, this engine also was in the Taurus? Good to know, if so, as it gives me another place for info!

I've replaced the radiator, water pump, alternator, and starter...maybe the charger too. Everything else except for the battery & tires are original and going strong! I like my car, I've been driving it 12 years and have put almost 200K on it (in addition to the 75k it came with when it was 6 years old).

Comment

actually bro, it was in the Taurus, Ranger, Areostar, Probe, Windstar, and Tempo! it's pretty straightforward to work on, i know it's wikipedia but check this out... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Vulcan_V6_engine

i love it, and best of luck...
        Dave Kolenski
        2011 Ford Ranger 4x4 SPORT 4.0L Black/Black
        3.73's, Rancho suspension, Flowmaster exhaust, red pinstripe, bedmat.
        Future: 6 inch lift, 33 BFG's. Windshield visor, diamond plated bedrails.

Comment

Originally posted by pHeLiOs27 View Post
          I know he can take a "three wise men" like a champ and
          Ugh that shit hit me hard w/ an empty stomach
          97 Acura Intega DB8 GS-R l DC Sports l AEM l Rota l Koni l K&N l ACT l Exedy l Skunk 2 | Innovative | Neuspeed | Kenwood | Viper | ASR | Falken | Password JDM | Eibach | FD2 Axleback
          93 Probe GT-In Pieces Still
          90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD-Sold

Comment

Originally posted by ThrashTimeDave View Post
            actually bro, it was in the Taurus, Ranger, Areostar, Probe, Windstar, and Tempo! it's pretty straightforward to work on, i know it's wikipedia but check this out... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Vulcan_V6_engine

i love it, and best of luck...
            Cool, I'm an honorary bro....(and a mom with kids your age! LOL)

Just started reading the wiki - and if it's right, that the same engine was the optional Mercury Sable engine in 2005 -- my daughter's car has the same engine! Wait till I text her that, she'll LOL.

My car's still better though. It's smaller, so gets more power out of the engine. Never mind the broken stuff I haven't gotten around to fixing yet or the fact it could really use a paint job. Mine's still better.
            Last edited by mahubbard; February 11, 2010, 02:09 PM. Reason: Add to post to avoid a double post.

Comment

Originally posted by mahubbard View Post
              Cool, I'm an honorary bro....(and a mom with kids your age! LOL)

Just started reading the wiki - and if it's right, that the same engine was the optional Mercury Sable engine in 2005 -- my daughter's car has the same engine! Wait till I text her that, she'll LOL.

My car's still better though. It's smaller, so gets more power out of the engine. Never mind the broken stuff I haven't gotten around to fixing yet or the fact it could really use a paint job. Mine's still better.
              lol I love your humor.
              97 Acura Intega DB8 GS-R l DC Sports l AEM l Rota l Koni l K&N l ACT l Exedy l Skunk 2 | Innovative | Neuspeed | Kenwood | Viper | ASR | Falken | Password JDM | Eibach | FD2 Axleback

Comment

Originally posted by Ruiner View Post
                lol I love your humor.
                i concur
                Yes i'm a sperm doner

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3114091

Comment

Gee thanks.

I may be (gasp!) middle-aged officially, but inside I'm still the thin 27 year old babe I used to be. LOL!

My kids (and their friends) keep me young, but now that they are getting almost as old as I still am inside, I wonder how that happened....! It will get really weird when they turn out older than me.

Comment

Gee thanks.

I may be (gasp!) middle-aged officially, but inside I'm still the thin 27 year old babe I used to be. LOL!

My kids (and their friends) keep me young, but now that they are getting almost as old as I still am inside, I wonder how that happened....! It will get really weird when they turn out older than me.

Middle aged eh? I bet I'm older than you or around the same age...It's a state of mind. When isaiah, my son and my new addition turn 18...THEN I'll be middle aged and the wife an I will be ready to REALLY party.

p.s. This is a "buzzed" post.
                    1994PGT SOLD
                    1991MX6GTSOLD New Dyno 12psi: 190whp 261tq

1997 F-250HD 7.5 (sold)
                    2010 Nissan ArmaaahhhDaaah 4x4 SE w/ limited slip
                    1995 Mazda 626 ES 5spd (SOLD). 1999 LEXUS RX300 AWD

Comment

lol Id put my money on ole ma'

Comment

LOL, pHeLiOs, you'd lose that bet. I'll put it this way: I was your age when my son was born...and he'll turn 17 this year. My daughter will be 21 this year. So I figure I've got you beat.

Driving around on a warm sunny day today, I realized I really, *really* need to get that new driver's side power window regulator on the shopping list for next payday. Guess that one will be coming up before any of the other repairs....!

I know what I'll do. I'll "adopt" all you guys, unofficially, and then you can come help "Ma" work on her car! What do you say? I'll be paying in pizza!!!

I always wanted a big family!

Comment

LOL, pHeLiOs, you'd lose that bet. I'll put it this way: I was your age when my son was born...and he'll turn 17 this year. My daughter will be 21 this year. So I figure I've got you beat.

Driving around on a warm sunny day today, I realized I really, *really* need to get that new driver's side power window regulator on the shopping list for next payday. Guess that one will be coming up before any of the other repairs....!

I know what I'll do. I'll "adopt" all you guys, unofficially, and then you can come help "Ma" work on her car! What do you say? I'll be paying in pizza!!!

I always wanted a big family!
                          Ok ya got me there, lol. Pm'd you w/ a good site for parts. ALOT cheaper. a window switch/regulator can be $180 or more. I paid $45 including shipping. OEM part just stripped from a junker by a recycling center. Good luck!
                          1994PGT SOLD

1997 F-250HD 7.5 (sold)

Comment

Thanks! I'll check it out. I've had the one on the driver's side replaced a couple of times in the last 9 years and it's always disheartening to get in the car, close the door, and watch the window slither down....!

Passenger side "sounds funny" so the cable in that one is probably thinking about breaking sometime this year, too.

Comment

I have to "help" my driver side window go up and down when it's cold out lol.
                              1994PGT SOLD

1997 F-250HD 7.5 (sold)

Comment

At least yours still goes up and down!

Comment

Working...
                                X