No announcement yet.

A sad day in Probe-ville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Probe's not quite pristine, though it is original and I'm the second owner. I wanted to put another transmission in it. But I'm a dudette, not a dude, and a middle-aged one at that...without tools or the know-how to do the job. Also didn't have the money to chase one down. It was easier to buy something that didn't have a major issue. And my boyfriend was getting really, really tired of my old car sitting in his driveway!

My Jeep's been reliable, so far, and currently has 116,000 or so miles on it (we took it on four LONG trips this year!). Not bad for an '87.

The Probe was listed on Craigslist at $900 for almost a month without any nibbles. At $500 I'm getting offers of $300. I'd like at least $400 if I can.
    Last edited by mahubbard; December 8, 2013, 12:38 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

DUDETTE ! What kind of boyfriend complains about having his Girlfriends car sitting in his driveway !!?? LOL I believe I have one of those transmissions in my Junkyard for the Taurus if you would be interested, and it would not be anywhere near $400.00 for a one. More like $150.00-175.00.
      Also, try asking more for your Probe than you want for it so when people talk you down, then you can lower the price to what you really want.
      LMK

Comment

See reply on the "for sale" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by mahubbard View Post
          My Probe's not quite pristine, though it is original and I'm the second owner. I wanted to put another transmission in it. But I'm a dudette, not a dude, and a middle-aged one at that...without tools or the know-how to do the job....
          I saw that you are a dudette. Give that boyfriend of yours a boot-to-the-head and tell him to fix your Probe for you by dropping a used trans into it! Then put some wax on it and give it a good clean so you can sell it for a couple grand.
          Success is a measure of determination!
          Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
          $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
          Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
          Restoration of a legend

Comment

He's not into car repairs. He helped me change the brakes on it (pads or shoes, I can never remember which it is!) but that's about it.

He's been incredibly patient, but honest. A dead car has been in his driveway since January 2012. He wants it gone.

Comment

Car is in Albuquerque. Contact me through the ad if interested.

Comment

I just sold my old car, and I'm a little bit sad. I've had it since March 1998. That is a lot of memories, a lot of my life. Goodbye, old Probe. You were a good car.

Comment

Sorry to read that. I hope you don't give up on Probes though. Stay in touch with the community

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information